• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target doesn't know what a Wii U looks like

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
K3YLo9Q.jpg

ibsCz5V9b9QURK.jpg

Honestly, I have no idea what a Wii U looks like either.

They put all their design into the pad and forgot to make the console itself stand out.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Hell I own a Wii U and it still took me awhile to figure out what was wrong with the image.

Yawnier

Banned
To be fair to Target on this one, I never found the Wii U to look all that different from that Wii design, aside from more rounded edges and other things.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Wow. That's sad. That really tells you how freaking badly Nintendo has advertised it right there when even the people selling it don't realize that's not a WII U.

octagon69

Banned
I hope Nintendo learns a valuable lesson about branding after all this. This could have been all avoided if they just called it Wii 2.

Kyuur

Not going to lie, I own one and couldn't tell that there was something wrong in that picture. The gamepad is the thing that stands out in my mind.

Mik_Pad

Banned
That speaks for it self, Nintendo failed with the marketing of the Wii U starting by the name. I love my Wii U btw I think it has lots of potential.

Galang

Banned
This continues to be a big mess. Funny considering they actually had to take a pad from a Wii U console and a regular wii to take this picutre.

NFreak

There's a reason why you don't make your console look almost exactly the same as your last one only a little bit longer. Rounding out the edges isn't enough to distinguish it from the Wii.

isn't it easier to type Wii U on Google and copy paste the right image than making this shitty montage?
Or does this picture is one of the first Google image results?

It's sad that these things can happen though... the Wii U brand is really fucked up :(

Kusagari

There's barely any difference between the two consoles outside of one having a U after Wii.

Nintendo fucked up horribly at designing and naming the console.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
How the hell did nintendo not see this coming after the 3ds confusion early on is beyond me. Thats reason enough to fire anyone involved with naming and marketing this system.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Whoa. Granted, I've never seen a Wii U in person, but I'm still surprised it took me so long to catch that.

Top Bottom