• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*DANGER* Breaking Bad S5 *SPOILER* Thread - Untagged discussion, photos, and leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

VegaNine

So far so good! Not many big surprises yet, and I think we can keep it that way (even though next week's preview clip is pretty blah). Here's the episode summary:
5x11 "Confessions"; Jesse Pinkman decides to make a change, while Walter White and Skyler White try to deal with an unexpected demand.

FmkVUPW.jpg

Above is just a 5.2 promo pic, but some blogs are attaching it to the next episode. In any case, we already know that Jesse and Hank are gonna team up on Walt. The preview doesn't tell us much about that, but it does tell us something else, when Saul screams, "I never would've agreed to it if I knew what he was going to do! You gotta believe me!"

zNaekWI.png

Is he finally coming clean to Jesse about Brock's poisoning? He'd better! I predicted it earlier, so I'm ready to save face/eat crow. It looks like the big moment happens in Saul's office (above), since Walt is now meeting Saul out in the desert (below, I think):

8TxObOZ.png

Another thing we know about 5x11 is that the Whites and the Schraders collide over dinner:

UVvc4Ky.jpg

That pic is from AMC's interview with Michael Slovis. The scene was "an eight-hour marathon performance of four pages of script," so it's pretty major. I'm guessing the "unexpected demand" on the Whites is not just to pick up the check.

Another major scene might've been spoiled by BB writer Sam Catlin in his interview with Empire. They asked him a question about episode 5x12 ("Rabid Dog"). Not only does he give away a scene from that episode, he finishes (it seems) by giving away the ending to next week's "Confessions:"
Empire: Can you describe what was being filmed today?

Sam Catlin: Today is a showdown, or potential showdown between Walt and Jesse. Walt has called a once-and-for-all meeting in the most public, safest square in Albuquerque, which is surrounded by federal buildings and the police department, to clear the air between the two of them, and Hank thinks it's finally an opportunity to get Walt to self-incriminate himself, but Jesse believes - he's not sure how - that Walt is somehow luring him out to kill him. And we don't know, as the audience, which is true.

'So the meeting is going to happen but Jesse gets nervous and he panics, but then he has another idea, a better way to get Walt, so he breaks off the meeting, and behind his back, he calls him from a payphone and says, This is just to say goodbye, and I'm going to nail you. I'm going to do something worse than burn your house down.' Which is what he was going to do at the end of the last episode.
The scene he describes from Rabid Dog was caught in a teaser clip a while back:

wUjzQf1.png

But the supposed scene where Jesse tries to burn down Walt's house next week may have been described in Part 2 of the Slovis interview:
Slovis needs to film only one more scene to complete his episode: one of the lead actors kicking down a door (you’ll have to wait ’til this summer to find out which actor, and which door). The construction crews have prepared the door and Slovis has positioned the camera low inside the room. Though I’m standing behind the camera, I’m asked to leave — they’re not sure exactly how many splinters the doorframe will break into or which way they’ll go, so it’s safer for me to be behind the monitors.

Off-camera, the actor begins grunting loudly, psyching himself up. Slovis asks if he’s ready; the actor grunts louder: He’s ready. Slovis yells “Action!” The door explodes on its hinges as wood splinters indeed fly everywhere. The actor storms into the room. The cameras cut. “There’s one for [his] action reel,” Slovis laughs.
Of course, that could be anyone kicking down anyone's door... right?

7IHkrRk.jpg

The death of a "key character" may be coming at the end of 5x12, so look for clues in 5x11.

Rojo

If i had to take a guess id say its Jesse i dont like to say it, but he is being too reckless for walt to control and if he does expose walt as heisenberg what is left to hold back walts anger and just kill him like a rabid dog.

VegaNine

This is jumping ahead a couple of weeks, but last night's episode gave us context for why Walt is covered in dirt this scene:
wdzXC60.png

But why is there only one barrel of money in the pick-up? Theories:

• He only wants one barrel.
  • He was short on time.
  • He was interrupted.
  • Someone stole the rest.

If i had to take a guess id say its Jesse i dont like to say it, but he is being too reckless for walt to control and if he does expose walt as heisenberg what is left to hold back walts anger and just kill him like a rabid dog.

I want to think that Jesse will survive 5x12, but I do like the idea that he's the "rabid dog" in the title.

VegaNine

Check out the IMDB cast list for Ozymandias (5x14):
  • Krazy-8
  • Mike Ehrmantraut
  • Gale Boetticher
  • Tuco Salamanca
  • Jane Margolis

We're looking at either a flashback, a nightmare, or an IMDB brainfart.

Ozy's director denies any undead cast members in his episode, but he also denied that the leaked "Blood Money" summary was legit (it was).

A few other listings:
Rabid Dog (5x12):

• Carpet Cleaner Boss - sounds like Saul's "disappearing vaccuum guy"
  • Hard Looking Dude's Kid - shows that IMDB's lists are incomplete, because "Hard Looking Dude" isn't there.
Granite State (5x15):

• Baby Holly - she may live after all!
  • The Grove Patron - no idea what "The Grove" is, but it recalls "The Coconut Grove." Is it a dance club? a restaurant? a graveyard? a gaybar?
Felina (5x16):

• Badger - kills Walt, inherits empire, orders Star Trek script to air

VegaNine

Well, Sunday's episode went exactly as planned---except for Walt's confession tape, which was the first big surprise this season. The second big surprise might come this Sunday, because someone is scheduled to be killed and I have no fucking clue who it is.

Other than that, we know quite a bit about the next episode. Here's the incredibly vanilla promo vid, and here's the shitty description:

5x12 "Rabid Dog" ; An unusual strategy starts to bear fruit, while plans are set in motion that could change everything.

The "plans set in motion" probably have something to do with the new meth operation. I think.

But the "unusual strategy" is likely the Jesse/Hank team-up. We know this is the episode where they finally cooperate thanks to an interview with "Rabid Dog" writer Sam Catlin:

Empire: Can you describe what was being filmed today?

Sam Catlin:
Today is a showdown, or potential showdown between Walt and Jesse. Walt has called a once-and-for-all meeting in the most public, safest square in Albuquerque, which is surrounded by federal buildings and the police department, to clear the air between the two of them, and Hank thinks it's finally an opportunity to get Walt to self-incriminate himself, but Jesse believes - he's not sure how - that Walt is somehow luring him out to kill him. And we don't know, as the audience, which is true.

'So the meeting is going to happen but Jesse gets nervous and he panics, but then he has another idea, a better way to get Walt, so he breaks off the meeting, and behind his back, he calls him from a payphone and says, This is just to say goodbye, and I'm going to nail you. I'm going to do something worse than burn your house down.' Which is what he was going to do at the end of the last episode.

Here's the scene he described:
wUjzQf1.png

TV Guide tells us more:
On this late January morning, as Episode 4 of the final eight is being shot, it's unseasonably frigid in Albuquerque. In one scene, Paul has to remove his shirt outdoors, which he stoically endures, though the temperature barely breaks 30 degrees. In another sequence shooting today, Hank angrily drives Jesse around the downtown block that circles the Albuquerque police station.

So there you have it: Hank and Jesse go for a ride, and make love. Why else would Jesse take his shirt off? To have a wire put on him?

All right, but what about that fucking fire, huh? A lot of people are guessing that Junior is in the house when Jesse busts in. It's a fair bet, even though his car didn't seem to be in the yard. A few other things people think:

• In the promo, Junior says, "Please, can you just tell me the truth?" Some people think he's talking to Jesse, but the tone of his voice doesn't sound like the kind you'd use on a home-invader/arsonist. Sounds like he's talking to his parents.
  • Some other folk think that Jesse might inadvertently kill Junior in the arson attempt, but... c'mon. We know that doesn't happen.
  • And last, some clever bastards think Walt's lotto ticket will go up in flames. That's probably not going to happen, but even if it did, it doesn't look like it'd keep Walt from finding at least some of his dough:
wdzXC60.png

But whatever happens, we know that Jesse doesn't completely go through with the arson for a few reasons:

• The interview with Sam Catlin refers to the arson as something Jesse was "going to do" rather than something "he did."
  • The house appears unburnt in the flash-forward, and in spoiler clips for future episodes.
  • And if the house were going to burn, they likely would've shown something catch fire at the end of Sunday's episode---a curtain---hell, even a tossed cigarette. Makes for good tv, yaknow?

As far as the Whites are concerned...

In the promo, Skyler tells Walt, "You need to deal with this." The way its cuts to Walt's reaction makes it sounds like she wants Jesse sent to Belize. Either way, it doesn't sound like she's happy about having to stay in a hotel thanks to Jesse's temper. Yeah, that's right---the Whites check into a hotel!

1bNosdc.png

That's the hotel's pool, as seen in the promo vid. The hotel room was shown on Talking Bad, with Gilligan mentioning that Walt & Skylar are taking a "staycation." They'll probably stay only until the "Carpet Cleaners" freshen up the White House of all that gas (cast listing via IMDb):

Rabid Dog (5x12):
  • Carpet Cleaner Boss
  • Hard Looking Dude's Kid

Of course, the "Carpet Cleaner" could be Saul's disappearing "vacuum guy," who's probably pissed about the $125K false alarm... or, hell, they could even be one in the same! /shyamalama!

No idea who "Hard Looking Dude" or his "Kid" is. Maybe they're at the hotel.

And now for the $1,000,000 question... Who the fuck gets killed in Rabid Dog?

Vince Gilligan tends to pace when he's thinking of ways to kill someone.

The carpet in Breaking Bad's writers room here, where the show's scripts are hashed out, is wearing thin.

Gilligan is pacing, circling his table, fielding suggestions from his half-dozen writers about the fate of a key character in the show he created six years ago that begins its final run of episodes Sunday on AMC (9 ET/PT).

For this episode, the fourth, Gilligan and writers return to a familiar theme: Gruesome endings. The writers have suggestions.

We could shoot the character, one writer suggests.

We could run them over! another pipes up.

Why don't we just melt them in acid? a third cracks.

From that conversation, it doesn't sound like the unlucky character is anyone too important. It could, of course, be that no one dies at all. But let's make odds:

• 4:1 - Gomez - world's most expendable secondary
  • 5:1 - Todd - killed in a giant meth fire
  • 6:1 - Lydia - spooked to death by a squirrel
  • 18:1 - Marie - why not

And FWIW, R.J. Mitte and Betsy Brandt will be on this Sunday's Talking Bad, and so far the show has been pretty good about matching the actors to their big episodes.

Oh yeah!
4 pages. You guys are pussies.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Based on Aaron Paul's Rolling Stone interview, I'm thinking something big happens in 'Ozymandius' (and based on the title).

A scene for that episode (514) was filmed last. Seems strange they'd hold a scene back for that long.

VegaNine

The scholarly Badass Digest lucubrates on an ordinary prediction:
Breaking Bad is going to end with Walt getting the ricin out of his old house and then using it on his last remaining enemy – himself. In the last moments of the show he’s not going to murder Jesse, or Skyler, or Hank, or anyone else. He’s just going to kill himself in a way that will look legit and no one will go digging into a violent death, uncover his secrets and take his money away from his family.

Sunday's episode will be here by the time you finish reading it, so here's another snippet:
So you make each decision, and you go down the path, and you say and do terrible things that completely negate all of your original goals, but you don’t see yourself for who you are until some random event makes everything click. And even though Walt has done so much already, he still hasn’t had his Look in the Mirror moment and truly realized who he’s become. When he does that, he’ll start one last plan based on one last decision that he’ll think he’s making for the best intentions.

Walt may end up using the ricin on himself, but I still think his "mirror moment" decision will be to return to ABQ to save Jesse (who I think is gonna be kidnapped into the new meth ring).

The rest of the article is written with a somewhat #TeamWalt slant, so BB GAF better tread lightly.

VegaNine

A few more set pics from "Rabid Dog" (taken from the "How Will It End?" teasers):
jgeC4IN.png

Walt on the phone at the hotel.​

i2QtUKq.png

Some off-screen shots of Skyler in the hotel room.​

vAY4TB8.png

Junior at the hotel. He's also seen at the Schraders.​

bUZvEhQ.png

This looks like the scene where Walt is waiting in the public square to meet Jesse.​

3xGbETW.png

Jesse calling Walt to cancel the meeting.​

I can't say if these next two are from Rabid Dog, but I don't think we've seen them:
6TQ3QFV.png

Walt peeping around a corner in what looks like his own house (for Jesse?). I think he's wearing the same shit from Confessions.​

Mkg62Is.png

Hank and Gomez unwrapping a jelly dong some surveillance equipment.

This will probably be all we have until the episode airs. Still don't know for sure who's gonna be killed.

so a slate review apparently went up too early

http://pastebin.com/rmjc3SkR

read at your own peril

pssh this is the spoiler thread, if they didn't want to be spoiler they should stick with the other thread

What hit me about this episode was the way in which each of the main characters was tested. The strings of the plot are tightening into a noose for Walt, Skyler, Hank, Jesse, and Marie, and along with the suspense of the writers’ next moves, I’m in moral suspense about each of them, too. Somehow, this show still has the power to surprise, even though we’ve lived with these characters and their flaws for dozens of hours.
Like you, Matt, I was chilled by Hank’s willingness to sacrifice Jesse, if that’s what it takes to get Walt. He failed the overarching moral test in that moment, didn’t he? I know the dog imagery was supposed to be all about Jesse, but Hank reminds me increasingly of a pit bull, teeth literally bared. He is so intent on getting those teeth into Walt’s neck that he’s lost sight of everything else. That’s why he asks no questions about who pulled off the jailhouse killings of the 10 witnesses—he doesn’t care. I don’t really understand how Hank got Gomez to go for questioning Jesse at his house, while Marie serves the coffee. But I went with it because Gomez injected a note of police procedural reality into Hank’s vendetta. And also because for a minute there, I thought Hank would go completely crooked and—in fear of Walt’s diabolical video—kill Jesse himself. Instead his desire for vengeance against Walt won out.
Marie has the same obsession. Since she’s not a DEA agent, she can only fantasize about doing violence to Walt. But she is right there, in tandem with her husband. “Is this bad for Walt?” she asks, when Hank asks if Jesse can stay in the guest room. As soon as she hears that the answer is yes, she’s ready to go along with a plan her usual fussiness would never allow. (Nice touch for Jesse to wake up to a family photo of Walt as Santa Claus.)
In some shows, Marie’s support for Hank would be the high-ground version of Skyler’s aiding and abetting of Walt. Marie would be the good wife, and Skyler would be Lady Macbeth. But not on Breaking Bad. To me, the husband-wife relationships are in tandem with each other. Skyler broke bad for good in this hour when she hissed at Walt to protect his family by taking care of Jesse. But I don’t think Marie is meant to be morally superior. She’s not driven by a higher purpose. She’s angry Skyler lied to her, but she’s not framing their battle in terms of right and wrong, is she?
The only person who’s doing that is Jesse. Now that he knows the truth behind Brock’s poisoning, he is ready to turn on Walt. (Here’s a great primer on exactly how his revelation happened, in case you, like me, need a refresher.) What horrifies Jesse isn’t the personal betrayal, though that’s there. It’s that Walt poisoned a child as a “move,” as Jesse puts it—purely as a matter of strategy.
I’m with Jesse all the way. Maybe he could have found inner peace in Alaska, but I’d rather watch him best Hank and Gomez by coming up with the better strategy for getting Walt. At the same time, the writers don’t let Jesse pass the morality test with a perfect score either, I don’t think. After all, by cooperating with Hank, he’s become the snitch he never wanted to be. Or is it a sign that Breaking Bad is messing with my head that I’m in any way questioning a decision to help the cops to catch the world’s most murderous meth cook?
I’m not sure. But I do know that I want Walt to go down. He cut out from under himself his one remaining shred of moral ground when he called Todd to ask him to kill Jesse.
So, your plan is to do his plan?
Emily

Wilbur

Banned
Jesse gon' kill Todd in episode 5

MY PREDICTIONS ARE STILL OKAY

Todd to die in 5
Skyler to die in 6
Lydia to die in 8
Walt to die in 8

kehs

Banned
So I'm still super pissed about that CBS preview where they showed a scene that hasn't happened yet.

=/

VegaNine

We've finally reached the point where we know jackshit about the next episode. This has never happened! Now I know how the plebs in the OT feel.

Here's the promo vid. It doesn't give away much, and neither do the promo pics:
NFig5GE.jpg

"Ice Cold."

ix8DxHc.jpg

Let's start with the big questions from Rabid Dog:

• What does Walt want with Todd's uncle?
  • And what does Jesse have planned for Walt?
In the promo, we hear Walt telling someone coldly, "I don't know where he is; Time is of the essence." It doesn't sound like he's talking to Saul, so I'm guessing the call to Uncle Jack really is a hit on Jesse... or least a kidnapping.

The subplot here is that Uncle Jack and Lydia are masterminding a new meth operation, and their only cook is Ricky Hitler, who started a fire. Marry that fact with Lydia's scheming, as well as her need for a super high-quality product, and it sets up Jesse as quite the prize--especially now that Walt doesn't want him around. I think Uncle Jack will bring in Jesse even if Walt specifically orders a hit, and just tell him the job was done.

VJ2bKxE.png

But whatever happens, I don't think Jesse gets Old Yeller'd. It was spoiled in Rolling Stone last year that Walt returns to New Mexico in the flash forward to "protect someone." I've thought Jesse would be kidnapped back into meth business ever since then, and that Walt would come back to save him. I believe it even more now; aside from Walt's down spiral, the focus of the episodes thus far (and one of the major focuses of BB) has been the Walt/Jesse relationship. It's something that'll probably continue until the end.

And, FWIW, we know Aaron Paul filmed scenes in 5x14. Unrelated, IMDb lists Andrea for next week.

As for what Jesse plans to do to Walt, theories I've read include: telling Junior (petty), burning down the hotel ("where he really lives," lol), or cooking meth again to steal Walt's fame (Heisenbitch!). Your own guesses are assuredly better.

But let's examine some actually tangible shit. Here's the descriptions for the next two episodes:
5x13: "To'hajiilee" ; Things heat up for Walter White in unexpected ways.
5x14: "Ozymandias" ; Everyone copes with radically changed circumstances.

We all know what "Ozymandias" implies, but "To'hajiilee," for those who don't know, is the Indian reservation in New Mexico where Walt buried the money. He's probably going to need that money to pay Uncle Jack.

This brings us to the CBS spoiler from a few weeks back. We don't know what episode it's from, but it shows Walt throwing a suitcase into the bed of a shiny new pickup, next to (what looks like) at least one barrel of his buried money. Skyler then pulls into the driveway with Junior, and Walt hurriedly tells them to pack the hell up, because they have to leave immediately. Walt is sunburned, covered in dirt, and possibly bloodied.

Here's a shit screencap (watch the vid @ 2:35):

hEAB0MG.jpg

And here's a screencap from next week's promo:
gOJebDm.png

Skyler and Junior are wearing same clothes both scenes.

Of course, this doesn't have to mean Walt and the gang book it this week. All this tells us for sure is that shit hits the fan fast & hard in the next 24 hrs, and something happens in the desert where Walt buried the money.

So where does Walt get the truck? Why is he bloodied? And why does it look like there's only one barrel of money? Theories:

• He's ambushed by Native Americans, who want to build a casino in To'hajiiilee
  • He's ambushed by Kuby and Huell, who really DO want to go to Mexico
  • He's ambushed by Hank and Gomez, and has to kill one of them to get away with the money
  • He's ambushed by Jack and Lydia's guys, after they put 2+2 together, realize that Walt is under investigation, and have him tailed into the desert... or something along those lines.
  • A big fucking surprise.
We'll probably find out Sunday.

Another thread that hasn't yet come to fruition: Someone was supposed to be killed in 5x12. So what happened? Did they write the scene out? Push it to 5x13? Good money was on Todd, since his death would guarantee Jesse's kidnapping, but I've since learned that Todd appears in "Granite State" (5x15).

As mentioned earlier, "Granite State" has a setting called "The Grove." I thought it might be a restaurant, turns out it is. It also turns out that Todd & Lydia have a scene there:

aUGSEUt.jpg

That's Ricky Hitler in beige khakis. He's either assistant manager at The Grove or he's trying to make a first impression on someone. Twitter and I think this might be a flashback to his first meeting with Lydia. It was never explained how they met, and it jibes with the 5x15 description:

5x15: "Granite State" ; Events set in motion long ago move toward a conclusion.

5x15 follows the shitstorm in "Ozymandias," and the title "Granite State" implies a mostly New Hampshire setting, so a flashback would make a nice cold open. Which means Todd is still open game in 5x13. But could Lydia be as well? Here's Talking Bad's teaser for next week:

Lydia deals with some consequences regarding farm raised salmon.
The implication might be "sleeping with the fishes," but it sounds to me like she throws another hissy fit at Denny's.

Finally, looking further out, we've learned that Gretchen will return at some point during the final episodes:
Working with Bryan Cranston on Breaking Bad [as Gretchen Schwartz, 2008-present] has been totally thrilling because he is so clear in his approach. I played the wealthy ex-girlfriend of his character [teacher-turned-drug lord Walter White] in the first two seasons, someone who remembers him before he became subhuman in his behavior, and my character comes back for the very end of the show.

Could she be a guest on Charlie Rose? I've watched him quite a bit, and he loves interviewing billionaires, especially when they can spill the beans on a good story.

Deadly

I think Cranston accidentally confirmed in an interview that the call was indeed for a hit on Jesse. Think I saw it in the OT.

Gretchen closure fuck yes. I hope we actually find out why Walt ditched her.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I think Cranston accidentally confirmed in an interview that the call was indeed for a hit on Jesse. Think I saw it in the OT.

Gretchen closure fuck yes. I hope we actually find out why Walt ditched her.
He found out her family had money

VegaNine

I got a hold of the EW feature and transcribed the spoilery bits. Lots of good shit. Apologies for any typos.

End times may be near, but the end of this day is nowhere in sight. It's a stinging-cold February night outside an Albuquerque fire-house, and Bryan Cranston--a.k.a. Heisenberg, a.k.a. Mr Lambert, a.k.a. the most frightening meth-lord emeritus in the Southwest--is confiding in a visitor about one of the difficulties in filming this pivotal moment, which will air in one of the last-ever episodes of Breaking Bad. "The amount of heat loss through a bald head is remarkable," he notes. "It feels like your wearing an ice pack on your head. It just starts going down your spine."

Fittingly enough, a bone-chilling feeling is also permeating the scene. Cranston is wearing a dirtied and bloodied tan jacket, a duct-tape bandage on his hand, and a few stitches by his eye. ("Accidentally hit a deer with my car," he deadpans.) Walt has something more valuable than 1,000 gallons of methylamine, something that a certain someone wants back. As the cameras frame him in the twinkling city lights, he paces by an old Chevy pickup. "Answer the phone!" he barks into his cell. "Pick up!" In the conversation, which is loaded in all sorts of ways, he thunders lines like "Toe the line or you'll wind up like [REDACTED]!" He ends the call by saying cryptically, "I still got things left to do," and breaks his phone in half. The one who has destroyed everything in his path must leave no trace.

"This is the most desperate he's ever been," Cranston says during a break from shooting. "Everything's collapsing around him. Everything that he planted, all the seeds are sown, and now it's harvest time. In a VERY, VERY, bad way."
Several weeks after Cranston's shivering night, Gilligan stands wearily on the set of the finale--which is hidden off a dirt road [...] "There are going to be a lot of HOLY SHIT moments," he says. "Buckle up. And gird your loins. Because we're not going out with a whimper."
"All plates are spinning," says Cranston. "Everybody has to be at the top of their game. Walt is dealing with his physical limitations. So all kinds of things come into play. And there's also an adventure that is very exciting and opens things up. What else can I say? it get badder before it gets BAAAAD."

"I don't think Walt is ever going to be able to redeem himself fully of all his crimes and his sins," says Gilligan. "But having said that: Can he at least TRY? Can he pull back from the edge of the abyss? Is that even worth doing at this point? That's a very valid question, and one that I want the audience to be asking."

Though he's playing it close to the DEA bulletproof vest, Gilligan will scatter a few hints about Jesse ("The student may threaten to become the teacher"), Hank ("He's a bulldog now more than ever"), Skyler ("She truly will do anything to keep her family safe"), Walt Jr. ("Unfortunately for him, he's got a lot more growing up to do") and even madrigal meth manager Lydia, whom he refers to as "Darth Vader in Louboutins." As for Walt [...] "In these final four episodes, a great many chickens will come home to roost for Walt."
"We feel it's a very satisfying ending," he says cautiously. "Walt ends things more or less on his terms."
"Here comes the methamphetamine! Watch your backs!" shouts a crew member as a beeping forklift wheels in giant containers [on the tucked-away set of the finale].

Other bits:

Aaron Paul was on set for the finale. It's heavily implied he shot scenes.

According to the article, Walt has $80 million buried in the desert.

VegaNine

TODAY's review for 5x13 was posted early, then taken down. Here's the Google Cache, copypasta below:

'Breaking Bad' showdown begins

For a brief moment on the To'hajiilee Indian reservation, Hank Schrader had everything he wanted on "Breaking Bad": Heisenberg in handcuffs and enough proof to send him away for the rest of his life. (However long that might be, given the return of his cancer.)

Yo, Mr. White! Jesse and Hank are coming for you.

The DEA boss then took a timeout to celebrate with a phone call to Marie, a conversation so uncharacteristically loving and tender that it couldn't possibly last. (This is "Breaking Bad," after all.) Sure enough, just as Hank was reading Walt his Miranda rights — near his brother-in-law's buried treasure and the very first place he and Jesse cooked ("like, ever") — everything went terribly wrong.

At least Jesse had a chance to spit in the "coward's" face before gunfire erupted around them?

'Where's the blue?'
Just because Todd had Walt's secret recipe didn't mean he was equipped to win a blue meth bake-off. Improving its purity to 76 percent after the Declan disaster might have passed Lydia's quality inspection — if it were actually blue. Todd was in desperate need of a refresher course, but nothing would persuade his professor to come out of retirement.

That is, until Walt asked for help planning Jesse's retirement in "Belize." Uncle Jack was happy to kill the "angry, non-rat," but Heisenberg's cash was no good at Bank Swastika. Instead, Jack demanded that Walt dust off his orange suit and return for one more cooking tutorial with his nephew. But Walt ordered the hit "to be quick and painless — no suffering, no fear." Just like euthanasia for the family dog! Heisenberg is such a softy.

Face the music
Todd's ringtone for Walt — "Blinded Me With Science" — was perfectly hilarious. But it's the song playing in the background during their call, Journey's "Oh Sherry," that perfectly captured Walt's relationship with both Vamonos and — more important — Jesse: "I should've been gone, long ago, far away. And you should've been gone — now I know just why you stay." Clap. Clap. Clap.

A simple plan
Jesse's "better way" to hit Walt — note that he completely abandoned the honorific "Mr. White" — was where it hurt most: his wallet. (Or, more accurately, the underground vault about the size of the "Babylon 5" space station.) For once, with the help of rogue DEA partners Hank and Gomez, the karate kid outsmarted his sensei.

Using Marie's kitchen and some props from the meat aisle, they faked Jesse's murder. They showed Saul's bodyguard the photo of Walt's latest "victim" with his brains splattered across the Schrader's tile floor. Huell had no reason to doubt them and pointed them to the rental van Walt used to bury his cash in the desert. That was just enough intel for Jesse to lead them to his hiding place.

'Nice try, @$&*^%#'
Meanwhile, Walt's plan to "flush out" Jesse backfired with a little help from Hello Kitty. Wearing his best mask of paternal concern, he dropped by Andrea and Brock's and asked her to call Jesse. If Jesse had answered the phone or even heard her voicemail, chances are he would've rushed straight into Uncle Jack's crosshairs. Instead, the hit men waited in vain. Hank was the only one checking messages on the adorable burner phone, and he scoffed at Walt's obvious ploy.

Showdown
Hello Kitty's work for the day was far from done. Jesse called Walt, saying he'd dug up the cash and was burning it at a rate of 10 grand a minute. As Walt burned rubber to get to the dig site, Jesse unleashed his pent-up fury, keeping his former mentor on the phone until Hank and Gomez caught up with the former chemistry teacher.

But someone else invited themselves to the party. Although Walt frantically tried to call it off, he'd already given the satellite coordinates to Uncle Jack, who arrived with his posse after Walt had surrendered.

Hank and Gomez were outmanned and outgunned, and Vamonos couldn't care less whether the men really had DEA badges. (The two certainly didn't have the support of the agency, which didn't even know about their sting operation.) Uncle Jack was there to retrieve his moneymaker — whether Walt wanted to go or not.

Feels like the first time
As the bullets flew, both Walt and Jesse once again found themselves caught in the crossfire, trapped and defenseless in two separate cars. We have a feeling Hank will go out in the blaze of glory, but Walt obviously has another birthday to celebrate. And clearly, Jesse and his teacher have unfinished business. Will Jesse finally exact revenge ... or rejoin forces with his nemesis?

Speevy

Banned
So the episode ends with a bunch of gunfire and we have to wait next week to see if Hank's dead?

Wow. Sounds like a hell of a tease.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So he gets away with at least one barrel, going by that picture.

It brings me back to something Huell said. 7 Barrel's. Sounds like an Odd number to buy, and I doubt that Huell/Kuby would know exactly how many they need. Wonder if the Nazi's take all the money in the desert, to let Walt walk away (and keeping Jesse), and Walt gets back home at some point. Talks to Saul (and by this point, Huell actually uses his phone), and by way of conversation, realize that Huell/Kuby had one barrel they filled for themselves, and reluctantly, give it back to Walt. Hence the one Barrel.

Or, the Nazi's leave him just one. Which is probably what happened. But I like the thought of Huell actually bought 8 barrels instead of 7.

Lonestar

heh, now actually watching the video it's from. I saw Skylar, but it's also Walt Jr., and Walt says 1 line ("go inside and pack now")

I kind of wish I had not seen that preview earlier but it does look like Walt gets away with one barrel. Based on how filthy he is I think it's one of the barrels at the shootout scene but lord knows how he gets that truck and gets away with it.

Lonestar

I kind of wish I had not seen that preview earlier but it does look like Walt gets away with one barrel. Based on how filthy he is I think it's one of the barrels at the shootout scene but lord knows how he gets that truck and gets away with it.

Either the Nazi's find it, let him go (having Jesse), and leave him a barrel.
Or steals a barrel from them.
Or the Nazi's never find out about them, Walt leaves and comes back with a cheap truck he finds, digs up only one because of time and space limitations.
Or Huell/Kuby has one, and he gets it from them.

But yeah, with how dirty he looks, I'd say he does the digging. He also looks to have either a cut hand or a blood stained hand.

Prez

Which preview shows that Walt gets away with one barrel?

edit: oh the picture. I get it now.

Which preview shows that Walt gets away with one barrel?

edit: oh the picture. I get it now.

yeah, I saw the video that shot ws in. That old truck makes me wonder how he gets away.

I think at that moment he is going to be on the run from Todd and the family. So I'm thinking they get Jesse and don't need Walt anymore.

Sickbean

Theory from /tv/ about how the last few episodes might play out - pretty good IMHO

Episode 514 Ozymandias

>Extended Flashback showing Walt's works as per the poem "Ozymandias" such as how he was able to poison Brock and the way he lost his partnership with Grey Matter

>Last 20min goes back to the shootout as the bullets are flying

>Gomie dies with bullets to major organs
>Hank manages to kill Uncle Jack with a bullet to the head (the real purpose of the brains in the bin Marie saw, not Hank's brains) but then takes several bullets and goes down

>Jesse manages to grab a gun and tries to be a hero but gets shot in the stomach

>Todd manages to open the door for Walt to get out, Walt goes to Jesse as he lays dying. Walt confesses things to him and Jesse just sits in a stupor, barely able to understand what Walt is telling him. The life leaves Jesse's eyes and Walt cries like a baby

>We hear Hank coughing or wheezing from being shot in a lung. He's still alive. Todd immediately tries to shoot him but Walt screams "No! I won't cook for you if he dies!"

>Todd becomes the big bad now, saying that his men will hold Hank for as long as it takes until Walt cooks for Lydia (his lady love) and interestingly, becomes a foil to Jesse
in that Walt is a father figure to Todd but has no control over him
>Todd courteously tells Walt that since this is a lot for Mr. White to handle, he will give him some time before he can come cook for him. The prison gang leaves Walt with Gomie and Jesse's bodies to bury with a shovel.

Episode 515 Granite State

>Walt digs up his money to hide elsewhere since Hank knows that the money is there, taking one barrel with him back home in a truck (the spoiler pic)

>He tells Skyler what happened, Skyler freaks out. She knows its only a matter of time before Marie finds out and does something about it so Skyler makes Walt promise to work on getting Hank back and she decides to drive to Marie's house while Walt takes the kids to a safe place and he heads to Saul's office.

>Marie is at her house worrying about Hank. Skyler knocks the door and tells Marie what happened and pleads with her to let Walt get Hank back. Marie wants nothing of it thinking that Walt has offed Hank and Skyler tries to convince her sister otherwise but in a fit of rage, Marie bludgeons Skyler with something until Skyler dies. Marie freaks out about what she has done and calls the police with her sister's body on the floor

>Walt has Saul send Kuby and a freshly returned Huell (who explains his absence) to find out what happened to Skyler since she hasn't contacted Walt and Kuby calls back saying that they just say Skyler's body being carted out of the Shrader home and Marie in handcuffs.

>Saul says its only a matter of time before Walt is going to get ratted on by Marie so Walt undergoes the process of putting his kids and himself in vaccum mode. The episode ends with Walter picking "Lambert" aka Skyler's maiden name as his new name and he picks New Hampshire as a good faraway place to hide his kids.

Episode 516 Felina

>Walt has the ricin and the M60. He goes back to do a cook with Todd. They are able to finish a batch just fine. Lydia shows up to inspect the batch. She approves of the batch, but she's very nervous.

>Walt finds an elaborate way to get the gun into a position and destroy pretty much everybody in the building Tony Montana style, leaving Lydia for last. Lydia tells him where Hank is in exchange for her life, as loverboy Todd told her everything. Walt kills Lydia anyway.

>Walt finds Hank. He has only started to recover from his wounds. There's a heated exchange between them but Hank can't do anything to Walt because he's still in recovery. Walt gives him a whole speech about what he was trying to do for his children and now his wife is dead and his kids are in disarray. Hank says Walt is a liar and it was always for himself. Walt comes to terms with what he has become and he agrees that he really is a bad person, and that he was always bad. Hank says that it's time for Walt to go to jail, and to call the police to come pick him and Hank up. Walt looks at Hank in an almost Heisenberg fashion and says "Hank, I told you I'd never see the inside of a jail cell" and he reveals that he took the ricin himself before setting Hank free. Walt tells Hank how to get his kids and where the money is. Walt has finally done something good with this last redemptive act. He has defeated the final villian, himself, by willingly taking his own life and giving it to the closest thing to a good man on the show.

>The final scene is Hank and Walt, sitting watching the sun come up and the police are on their way. Walt talks about how he never got to enjoy the simple things. He trails off as he collapses in the dirt, as the police finally reach Hank as he waves them down.

Same poster also comments that the name of the final episode Felina, should be read as Fe Li Na (as in Iron, Lithium, Sodium). Not sure what that means though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom