• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call for 3DS

duckroll

It's in next week's Jump. Brand new sequel. 200+ tracks, 60+ characters, new Versus Battle Mode, releasing in Japan in Spring 2014.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
YESYESYESYESYES

I had originally put the chances of this hitting 3DS at .01%.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is this a joke? Like, will Duckroll edit the post in a couple of minutes?

Foshy

Square-Enix really is strange. The one title that actually would have made sense on iOS/Android stays on consoles while everything else goes on phones.

wonder if dlc transfers... somehow. but nintendo.

hope they go away from swiping, wasn't a huge fan... but it being a sequel... probably not.

wrowa

Japanese were too good as that it would have made sense to go iOS from the start with the sequel...

... However, I don't expect that we'll see a 3DS release outside of Japan. >_>

javac

Surprised its not iOS. But it will come over to mobile soon I guess. Bought the first one one 3DS at launch and still haven't played it much. Should get on to that!

hwy_61

Banned
Can't they port this to Vita??

Cheezus.

EDIT: I have a 3ds. It would be cool to see this on Vita as well. Not port begging!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Japanese were too good as that it would have made sense to go iOS from the start with the sequel...

... However, I don't expect that we'll see a 3DS release outside of Japan. >_>

Come on, man.

Gonna wait for localisation confirmation before getting too excited, but good news all the same.

Now gimme dat Real Emotion this time, Squenix.

MrChom

Loved the original, would also love a sequel....Just....less of those ones backed by video...they were pretty dull.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, kind of surprised it's a sequel & for the 3DS. Any case, looking forward to seeing what the tracks & characters are and if DLC will transfer.

Mael

With this and BD FF + or whatever 2014 is great for SE and worse for my wallet.
Only bought the original on a whim I won't miss this one.

Tenki

tumblr_m9sqah3XWN1r8dy8go1_500.gif

wrowa

200 tracks? That's probably including DLC, isn't it? If not, that's one huge improvement over the first one.

Come on, man.

I would love to be wrong, of course. It's hard to be optimistic knowing that the first one didn't sell, though.

Mael

I would love to be wrong, of course. It's hard to be optimistic knowing that the first one didn't sell, though.

Believe in Nintendo more than Square Enix, also they wouldn't make a 3DS version first if the 1rst one sold so badly.

They'll port it to ios after they've made their money on the 3DS version.

Considering how they gutted the last one for the iOS version...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I know I'm off-topic, but the announcement made me think about 3DS 2012 releases and...I'd really like a Rhythm Thief 2, too. SEGA, come on.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It's not for mobile? I thought it was heavily hinted, not that you were up to your usual trolling. Ah well, don't really care for this series, but it's nice to know there's something new to add to that discussion about Square-Enix and 3DS.

Top Bottom