• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evo 2014 announced for July, Xbox 360 as main platform

Chavelo

Yeah, no.

Gonna wait to see those floor maps to see where EVO is actually hosted at. For SOME reason, it was at the Bally's this year instead of the announced Paris hotel. People that actually got a room in there had to walk more than the people that went cheap at the Bally's hahahaha

Skilletor

Yeah, no.

Gonna wait to see those floor maps to see where EVO is actually hosted at. For SOME reason, it was at the Bally's this year instead of the announced Paris hotel. People that actually got a room in there had to walk more than the people that went cheap at the Bally's hahahaha

Not funny. -_-

So the tourney will be AT the LVH and not some place near there where I can get rooms for a cheaper price? #stillbitter

Yeah, no.

Yup. Let's wait to see where they will actually hold the tourney at.

The tournament will take place in the Paradise ballrooms inside the LVH. No trickery here!

The Paradise Event Center is a premier Las Vegas convention center comprised of the Paradise North with 31,800 square feet and the Paradise South with 38,200 square feet. With a total of 70,000 square feet of space, this pillar-free area can seat up to 8,904 and is ideal for any type of convention. Two large ground level access doors makes this fully carpeted event center extremely versitile and allows for easy move-in and move-out.
dayyym

Huh, didn't expect the 360 thing. Good thing I don't need a converter anymore.

Yeah, no.

Ahaha, yeah that was a pain.

Just give me KoF and Melee (as AE is a given) and I'm happy.

And I realllllyyyy need to go to EVO this year. Keep saying I'm gonna go, only to spend the weekends stream monstering. Damn money problems.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow, did all their PS3's die or something? Switching to 360 so late in the game seems weird.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Killer Instinct.

That's 720, not 360.

I'm thinking it's a "hey, other majors are doing 360 we should probably switch" but for me that's just crazy because next-gen is in a few months. Might as well ride that PS3 one last time and then get on the next-gen fighters (if any) hotness instead of switching horses so late.

(Or maybe the community bitched hard enough for them to do it? I dunno.)

It'd be funny if Capcom fixes the lag. For USF4, at least.

Anyway, it's not going to stop people from still picking training stage, which is all that matters to me as some who mostly watches Capcom's fighting games these days. I understand they want a clear view of their spacings and be free of distractions (and I don't blame them), but it's just so bland.

Who did allow Smash to be streamed. The fact that their lawyers were asses doesn't mean that the company as a whole doesn't recognize how good PR promoting SMASH at a fighting tourney would be. If they didn't, they wouldn't have okayed in the first place.

Melee will be there in 2014.

im still waiting on triforce to call up his buddy reggie to comment on the situation

Bleep

This is good news, I'm honestly surprised it didn't happen sooner. It will be funny if they end up buying a bunch of Xbox Ones for Killer Instinct and we get a repeat of what happened with the PS3 if the rumors of XONE/PS4 power differences are true. They could get away with not buying PS4s for Xrd given it's on PS3 too, but there's no other way to play Killer Instinct other than getting an XONE. With Microsoft getting behind MadCatz for Killer Instinct, it seems very likely that they will be pushing to get their game played at Evo.

Good news for people playing the Capcom fighters, since those games seem to run better on the 360. Now Chris G won't be able to say the PS3 did it lol

jagoguide-150x.png

who's that again

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That's 720, not 360.

I'm thinking it's a "hey, other majors are doing 360 we should probably switch" but for me that's just crazy because next-gen is in a few months. Might as well ride that PS3 one last time and then get on the next-gen fighters (if any) hotness instead of switching horses so late.

(Or maybe the community bitched hard enough for them to do it? I dunno.)
AE and Marvel will be popular long after the next gen consoles drop. The only thing that will replace them is a new Street Fighter or a new Marvel.

They're not dumping all previous generation fighting games for GG XRD and KI, even if they do become popular.

Top Bottom