• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA Sammy acquires Index (Atlus) for 14 billion yen, now a subsidiary of Sega

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sega Sammy wants Atlus to make some IOS/Smartphone games too.

According to the article.

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

Wilsongt

So we will get crappy games like Shin Megami Tensai: Wisdom, Tears, EXA, Soul, Wind, Darkness, Holy Ark but not a Persona sequel.

Hey now. Shining the Holy Ark was good. Shining Ark is the shittastic one.

Also, Tony Taka now the official artist of Atlus. Official hentai pictures of Persona characters all day everyday.

ZoddGutts

Look at it positively. Maybe we'll get more Atlus games on PC. Wonder how a Persona game would do on PC. Dark Souls did very well and still does whenever it's on steam sale.

vall03

Before going for a "doomed" post, can someone here tell me the difference between Sega Corp and Sega Sammy? Afaik, they are two different companies right?

catmincer

Called this months ago

Idk why people wanted Gungho to buy them.

GameArts haven't done much have they lately? Also WHERE IS MY GRANDIA IV?

RedSwirl

It would probably make more sense for Sega to actually dissolve Sega USA and then rename Atlus USA the new "Sega USA."

Specifically, it says Sega Sammy wants to use Atlus's assets effectively, including (but not limited to) Smartphone games.

セガサミーはスマートフォン(スマホ)向けゲームへの展開なども含め、インデックスの資産を有効活用したい考えだ。

Gamerloid

Sega Sammy wants Atlus to make some IOS/Smartphone games too.

According to the article.

Actually, this could seriously work. Atlus games would be fine on iOS and/or Android. I was recently thinking about P3P being ported for iOS. Considering its already gimped version of P3, and with the way it works I'd be perfect for a smartphone.

Huh. I actually think this is promising news, so long as Sega doesn't fuck things up. Atlus USA should now be able to localise Sega's niche games on a far smaller budget than Sega would've.

Ridley327

"You do not posses the demons necessary for this fusion. Use 3000* demon points to fuse this demon now."

* $1 = 100 demon points

STOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPIT

DSveno

Banned
What's with all the doomsayer here? Let's be optimism for once, people.

And I don't see anything regarding iOS in the article.

braves01

Banned
Actually, this could seriously work. Atlus games would be fine on iOS and/or Android. I was recently thinking about P3P being ported for iOS. Considering its already gimped version of P3, and with the way it works I'd be perfect for a smartphone.

Except add in micro transactions everywhere and the ability to buy Personas.

DaBoss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom