• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

How is Pokemon distribution within each route? Wouldn't it take forever to find more uncommon monsters?

IIRC it was mentioned that many routes have multiple kinds of grass. If so it's likely that they have 4-7 species within a grass type with fairly typical pokemon distributions. Otherwise filling the pokedex would be an absolutely horrific affair.

How is Pokemon distribution within each route? Wouldn't it take forever to find more uncommon monsters?

It took me a while to bump into Pikachu who is uncommon in Santalune Forest. But I didn't even know he was available till the last third when the NPC's started being all "OH I REALLY HOPE I CAN GET A PIKACHU" - not sure if he's triggered after your first run in the forest but I found him a few encounters later when I went back.

Otherwise, on Route 2 I basically encountered Zigzagoon, Pidgey and Fletchwing all in a row. The forest is abundant with bugs like always, but mostly just Caterpie, Scatterbug and Weedlle, no Kakuna's or Metapods to worry about - The three elemental Monkeys are kicking about too.

yami4ct

genwunnersupremacy.png

haha

Results basically come out in generation order. No surprise. More time out=more time to build a fanbase. The fact that tepig is last just speaks to the shit that is Emboar.

Frost Breath seems awesome. It's technically a 120 BP move now right?

Mmm those nerf to Blizzard and Hurricane are lame, at least they could had bump the acc to 85.

So, according to a 4chan post, Thunder, Fire Blast, and Blizzard are all BP 110 now.

Also, I've heard Stealth Rock damage is capped at 25%. Is that true?

ec0ec0

so...

mewtwo x: HP: 106, attack: 194, defense: 90, sp.atk: 150, sp.def: 90, speed: 130
total: 760
ability: steadfast

mewtwo y: HP: 106, attack: 150, defense: 70, sp.atk: 194, sp.def: 120, speed: 140
total:780
ability: insomnia

both mewtwo not having the same total?? something is wrong...

Velcro Fly

Would not even be mad if Earthquake got nerfed.

Also glad that Mega Gengar is not Ghost/Psychic but really worried that your opponent can switch out on the turn you go mega, making the no escape thing completely worthless. Interested to see the base stats and if it gets anything more for movepool.

Is that true? Dammit! I wanted all of the leaks on Saturday!

According to another poster it is out in the 23rd. Ive never heard of a guide releasing a week after a game is released. I think GF wants fans to playthrough first without knowing anything. Perhaps they really did anticipate leaks...

Mik317

OT but playing Black 2 and I go to the PC and talk to a dude and he gives me a Keldeo...

wat.

Back in my day we had to struggle to get legendaries...kids these days

Would not even be mad if Earthquake got nerfed.

Also glad that Mega Gengar is not Ghost/Psychic but really worried that your opponent can switch out on the turn you go mega, making the no escape thing completely worthless. Interested to see the base stats and if it gets anything more for movepool.

Mega Evolution doesn't take up a turn. You can Mega + Attack in one turn.

So we've heard:

- Stealth Rock nerfed/damaged capped
- Auto Weather limited to 5 turns
- Blizzard, Thunder, Fire Blast, all lose 10BP and go from 120 to 110.
- Frost Breath goes from 40BP to 60BP

Any other important move/metagame changes?

-Horizon-

OT but playing Black 2 and I go to the PC and talk to a dude and he gives me a Keldeo...

wat.

Back in my day we had to struggle to get legendaries...kids these days

You must have gotten the Keldeo from a mystery event. I remember that's how I got it for B2.

so...

mewtwo x: HP: 106, attack: 194, defense: 90, sp.atk: 150, sp.def: 90, speed: 130
total: 760
ability: steadfast

mewtwo y: HP: 106, attack: 150, defense: 70, sp.atk: 194, sp.def: 120, speed: 140
total:780
ability: insomnia

both mewtwo not having the same total?? something is wrong...

Nothing is wrong, it's just Dat Y superiority.

The stats are just approx, based on screen shots and calculations.

Delio

Wait Frost breath is the move that crits all the time right? Jesus. Let me go see who learns that out of the current pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom