• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBOAT's latest update

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordisok

See, this is what I mean.

This is pure silly speculation just because "omg it's m$". Some times his tone is pro-MS but never offensively so. And if I worked at a company, I too would be a bit defensive about the company but doesn't mean he is being paid to spew BS.

And as that is your accusation, the burden of proof is upon you. And I am going to stick my neck out and say you have none.

I was under the impression the xboxonedev was employed by MS, is this wrong? Just figured he/she was.

Ishan

I would respond to those with more questions as well. Indulge us in more information CBOAT. My point is, no productive discussion can come from what CBOAT is doing.

He is fuelling the fires of both fanboy camps. When XboxOneDev is trying to start a real discussion and to do that, he of course has to ask CBOAT why he believes what he believes. You can't have a discussion from a vague one line statement.

One is leaking and had a proven track record so people trust him . Another provides some info which his nda allowed . You can't expect the same level of clarity in comments from both . And cboat has had both positive and negative comments for Xbox so I don't see how he's fanning fanboy wars.

But in general if you dislike his way of leaking you're entitled to that opinion that's fine . But youre in the wrong thread then aren't you ?

JaggedSac

Wow, that seems so crazy that MS was shooting for a 2014 release with the specs of the Bone, seems more like a 2012 box. MS being a nuthouse right now makes sense as that is certainly what it seems like from the outside.

Sentenza

Wow, I didn't think there was a worse sub-forum than System Wars on Gamespot. That Xbox subreddit has just opened my eyes to a whole other level of awfulness.
It's funny because I was just browsing it thank to this thread and apparently they claim the very same thing about GAF.

masteratt

One is leaking and had a proven track record so people trust him . Another provides some info which his nda allowed . You can't expect the same level of clarity in comments from both . And cboat has had both positive and negative comments for Xbox so I don't see how he's fanning fanboy wars.

But in general if you dislike his way of leaking you're entitled to that opinion that's fine . But youre in the wrong thread then aren't you ?

This is a CBOAT leak thread so I am giving my thoughts on the CBOAT leaks.

I can't see a more constructive discussion here than what I am doing. "omg no 1080p games, xb1 pwned" or "omg 2014 was original date? ms pwned" seems to be the trend here so I came into a CBOAT thread to talk about CBOAT leaks and what they actually do or stand for.

But I will submit now, as you and even I said believers will believe, the rest won't and I guess there is no point taking it any further.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
As an outsider, that lurks, GAF doesn't look much different than that. Albeit less crass in execution but pretty much shaking the ass at MS and calling all negatives with anyone defending it being unreliable, and embracing everything Sony does.

I am not a fanboy of either company (if anything I prefer Sony consoles and my gaming history will back this up). But I want parity in discussion. That we don't have on the internet at all, including here.

XboxOneDev's history on Reddit to me is much more satisfying and telling than CBOAT. Sorry to step on your god's toes but spreading vague rumours that when are wrong are excused and when are right or kind of right are held up as the 'truthfact' aren't exactly my cup of tea.

XboxOneDev's history speaks in great detail about console(s) and are posted to inform. THAT'S substance. And I can't help but agree with his response to CBOAT, in that, there can't be a response as he is not SAYING anything but is rather throwing out accusations.

If you've honestly lurked long enough to understand some of the posters here, you'd know that most of the criticism is based on facts. Especially in the tech threads. We're trying to understand what makes both boxes tick, and what that means for games. Sure, there is noise around that, and a good helping of cynicism, but you can read between that easily enough IMO.

This place was pretty much like this for the PS3 too. All that matters is the games, and many people are disappointed that MS don't seem to want to focus on that.

It's funny because I was just browsing it thank to this thread and apparently they claim the very same thing about GAF.

Outside of 'bad news', I still find that subreddit poor in taste since there's a lot of self-patting on the back with a lot of attempts to either downplay bad news and play up every single good news without any attempt to scrutiny what's being told.

The 'feel' I get from that place is that it's filled with insecurity.

Wow, that seems so crazy that MS was shooting for a 2014 release with the specs of the Bone, seems more like a 2012 box. MS being a nuthouse right now makes sense as that is certainly what it seems like from the outside.

It surely doesn't help that Microsoft management seems to be in disarray, with Mattrick gone, and Ballmer almost gone. Will only get getter when a new CEO is appointed, but that may be too late for the Xbox One, and he/she will probably focus on ultimately more important areas for Microsoft (Office 365, Azure, Windows 8, Windows Phone, Azure).

QaaQer

This isn't really about who is right and wrong. Its about standards of conduct(and not just the ones in the Terms of Service) and generally acting like a real human being who is talking to other, real human beings. Its about creating an environment that supports civil discussion and not just name-calling and general shit-spewing. GAF has that, regardless of what you think the general biases are here. Most other places don't. At all in many cases.

especially in gaming.

myca77

I'm not a religious man, but I do have faith in those buttocks. I would love some clarification on the yield issues though, as iirc MS said that they were not releasing in as many territories due to localisation, which for reasons I can't go into I kinda believe.

Still I guess both reasons for releasing in less territories could be true, kinda like how there may have been dinosaurs and god(s).

Pug

What does he mean by risk everywhere? Are we talking about reliability issues?

No one knows and with type of rumour no one can ever find out, if it's a RROD issue he's suggesting, does that mean the first person that reports a RROD xbox one that Cboat will be prove right? It's a sweeping statement "risk everywhere" which pin points nothing.

nib95

Banned
I would respond to those with more questions as well. Indulge us in more information CBOAT. My point is, no productive discussion can come from what CBOAT is doing.

He is fuelling the fires of both fanboy camps. XB1 fans will not believe him, PS fans will. There are no facts here for a rational person to think about. When XboxOneDev is trying to start a real discussion and to do that, he of course has to ask CBOAT why he believes what he believes. You can't have a discussion from a vague one line statement.

Intelligent people will believe him, idiots will immediately write him off. Cboats track record spans a decade. There are just people that don't realise this. Obviously he can be wrong, more likely because things change (especially with Microsoft recently and their non stop 180's), but his accuracy is among the best of any insider, and certainly spans a longer time frame. He is quite clearly a Microsoft employee of some kind, or at the very least a large third party. His 360 insider titbits actually had a 100% success rate.

JP

If true this is potentially pretty bad!

I can't believe how they've managed to get so much wrong. It's almost like the original concept was well off what it should have been and everything else since then has been reactionary to everything that Sony have and pieces just fit together.

Sony got a lot wrong with the PS3 hardware but at least they believed in what they were doing and did everything they could for their vision to work and it ended up being a fantastic machine.

I wonder if we'll get any reaction here from one of the Microsoft people?

See, this is what I mean.

This is pure silly speculation just because "omg it's m$". Some times his tone is pro-MS but never offensively so. And if I worked at a company, I too would be a bit defensive about the company but doesn't mean he is being paid to spew BS.

And as that is your accusation, the burden of proof is upon you. And I am going to stick my neck out and say you have none.

I definitely cannot prove anything.
I am just trying to induce and deduce as much as I can and then take something out of that.

My brain tells me I should pay attention to someone CBOAT and not to the reddit "xb1 dev"

If you've honestly lurked long enough to understand some of the posters here, you'd know that most of the criticism is based on facts. Especially in the tech threads. We're trying to understand what makes both boxes tick, and what that means for games. Sure, there is noise around that, and a good helping of cynicism, but you can read between that easily enough IMO.

This place was pretty much like this for the PS3 too. All that matters is the games, and many people are disappointed that MS don't seem to want to focus on that.

That last sentence is what really annoys me about the whole thing.

In 2006 I bought a PS3 as the first console I owned since having a SNES god knows how long ago.

It was the same crap I had to read all over the internet happening again:

-"Why are Sony forcing us to pay more for this crappy Blu-ray drive?

-"Sony are trying too hard to implement multimedia!"

-"Why can't they just focus on the games like 360!?"

-"Sony are in big trouble going to close the business!"

etc etc etc

And now I'm buying an XB1 first its literally the same story lol.

Maybe I just like rooting for the underdog?

Guymelef

You can add this.
Big Park cancelled a game. It was a MOBA. 100% Dead. The whole studio is now focusing on TV services. All the best talent went to Big Tusk or left MS entirely. Rare is still Kinect focused, regardless of what you guys may have heard.

Later Phil Spencer indirectly confirmed that Big Park is on charge of NFL stuff.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

In 2006 I bought a PS3 as the first console I owned since having a SNES god knows how long ago.

etc etc etc

lol

depends what you're into. I like my media as much as my games, so the PS3 was really interesting to me - even as the launch price (although I bought a Japanese launch machine)

So Xbox one was also interesting, but has slowly become less interesting since the reveal - price, relative lack of power, no TV guide features for Europe until next year. Basically everything that could go wrong, has.

I also think they fucked up by not considering DVRs too. They had a shot to really integrate - even with only a few providers - to properly search and watch shows across on-demand, live TV (via IR blaster) and recorded DVR shows (via LAN remote control like Tivo and other boxes support)

nib95

Banned

etc etc etc

Or you just like going for the inferior product at the start of a new generation? Not saying the PS3 is not a brilliant console, but at launch it was really quite bleak. Took quite some time for them to turn things around.

Oh and I'm not sure the PS3 was considered the underdog before the gen kicked off lol.

Certainly adds up to what I have been hearing.

etc etc etc

I think your just a masochist. I bought a ps3 at launch and threw that thing up on Ebay after I beat Resistance. Best decision I ever made.

etc etc etc

edit: completely misread your post lol. ohwell my comment is still valid, but not aimed at you

that argument is based on the fact that the 360's games stopped delivering starting 2010 compared to Sony's exclusives that are still very active in 2013 (tlou, puppeteer, beyond, gt6) . There hasnt been much games the past few years apart from the 2 obvious ones. MS throwing money at third party for xbox one can Only be done at launch, A 3rd party is not gonna take an exclusive deal if Sony is selling much more consoles. Its just not profitable.

Feindflug

MS's largest IP won't even hit 1080p and if that aint hitting it with the resources at their disposal nothing is.

I think your just a masochist. I bought a ps3 at launch and threw that thing up on Ebay after I beat Resistance. Best decision I ever made.

So Halo 5 will not run at 1080p confirmed?

Thanks guys! But won't developers just make a shittier PS4 version of multiplatform games to have parity? I feel like SCE's worldwide studios will be the only ones to take advantage of the hardware.

We'll have to wait and see if that actually happens, I don't think it will.

Here's the possible scenarios:

- Leading on PS4 -> downgrades on X1 and possible worst performance.
- Leading on PS4 -> no downgrades on X1, definte worst performance
- Leading on X1 -> best performance on PS4 and possible upgrades
- Leading on X1 -> lock framerate on PS4 and no upgrades for game parity (this ofc assumes the performance is also locked on X1)

When I say Leading on I mean making the best use of the platform, since you can still lead on one platform and still not make the best use of it as you have the other one in mind.

So Halo 5 will not run at 1080p confirmed?

Since it's a 60fps game, it'll likely not be 1080p, but it's just assumptions at this point.

Raist

Banned
Well for many of his leaks we can't really know if that was true or not at one point.

One thing is clear though, it's that this console was not ready for the date it's going to launch at. It's rather evident from all points of view.

Ishan

MS's largest IP won't even hit 1080p and if that aint hitting it with the resources at their disposal nothing is.

Halo 5 ?

most people forget that the majority of PCs are going to have less power than ps4 for a few more years. It's not just consoles holding back development, but people using their $600 computers for 5+ years.

The most common GPUs in Steam september survey is GTX 560ti, 1.26 Tflops and GTX 660, 2.1 Tflops. I expect a lot of upgrades with great upcoming next-gen and cross-gen PC ports, so the most common GPUs could double performance soon.

In the past a lot of people upgraded their computers because Battlefield 3, first AAA game with DX10/11 in mind that went beyond consoles. People upgrade often if you give us a great reason, but not for many years of DX9 bad PC ports. It's sad developers started to make 64-bit games right now.

Perkel

Banned

He is fuelling the fires of both fanboy camps. XB1 fans will not believe him, PS fans will. There are no facts here for a rational person to think about. When XboxOneDev is trying to start a real discussion and to do that, he of course has to ask CBOAT why he believes what he believes. You can't have a discussion from a vague one line statement.

Unproductive ? Dude MS 180 first started with early CBOAT leaks. He was the one that started rumors about policies they had before 180. After Xbone reveal people were furious and that rage was prepared to unleash before unveil.

Thanks to CBOAT you will be able to play your Xbox offline without those shitty pre180 shenanigans

heelo

Banned
So lets see:

- A claim regarding resolution that any sophisticated developer should be able to assess based on the known HW specs.
- A completely implausible claim that MS was able to speed up the development schedule for their console and all their games by 12 months.
- A completely vague reference to "issues" with the HW, despite the fact that he/she has felt comfortable leaking very specific info earlier.

A combination of lies & guesses? Just trolling? The possibilities are endless!
Not really. Its one of those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom