• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

famousmortimer: Xbox One OS and Xbox Live issues bouncing about as we approach launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

thuway

Keep in mind that Sony hasn't exactly been forthcoming with the ps4 so as well. It makes me nervous about what to expect from both consoles. I'm pretty much one CBoAT post away from canceling my X1

Sony has their own challenges and have been very coy about handing out machines with working online. Journalists are highly skeptical if PSN will work on Day 1 on PS4 since it has yet to go live.

I know it's cool to throw MS into the furnace, but Sony has their fair share of issues as well. They are just not as transparent at the moment.

That said, the fucking complexity of running THREE OPERATING SYSTEMS, snapping, and silly concurrency of apps is causing a short term nightmare.

I'm so happy I listened to my gut when Microsoft started trying to pull shit with DRM etc. I really wanted to get KI and Titanfall, but I'm going to wait for this to blow over and just upgrade my GPU for Titanfall. I'm not dumping 500$ on something that unreliable. If they don't have confidence in their own product neither do I.

All this CBOAT (and company) stuff is so entertaining. He's HEISENBERG!

He's spreading all these crystal "truthfacts" without his family (MS) figuring him out. It's a real life Breaking Bad. It's quite a show. He's the one who knocks.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Come on, you gotta give us something more!

There is some issues on Sony's side but not like MSFT.

The issues I have heard about are based on connection which is due to go up next week.

Sony has their own challenges and have been very coy about handing out machines with working online. Journalists are highly skeptical if PSN will work on Day 1 on PS4 since it has yet to go live.

I know it's cool to throw MS into the furnace, but Sony has their fair share of issues as well. They are just not as transparent at the moment.

That said, the fucking complexity of running THREE OPERATING SYSTEMS, snapping, and silly concurrency of apps is causing a short term nightmare.

If things go as they should it should be fine since we're fast approaching Sony getting their network on for PS4.

If I can get confirmation I will but it depends on availability.

mujun

Guess MS is even more screwed than it seems they already are if this is true.

How about Sony? The other day I tried to check out the info on a trophy I'd just unlocked on Dishonored only to have to wait 3+ minutes for trophies to sync. Despite all the bad MS news going round I've got less confidence in Sony's online service.

My feels:

VWr6I.gif

but yea, it sucks. I'm sure if we could be a fly on the wall at either Sony or Microsoft right now we'd never want to touch these consoles that are coming out from the huge amount of issues that are cropping up and being squashed behind the scenes.

Just wait until the masses get these and the online networks die for the first week. Imagine the Diablo 3 launch x10000

Diablo 3's launch was never as bad as people say it was. It was up and working for most people about 2 hours after launch. The problem was no one knew there would be weekly (at launch almost daily) maintenance like an MMO.

lol. this is incredible.
XBONE devs are tired of reading neogaf guys. I dont even...

Why should we believe a random anoymous comment posted like that?

Is there any track record for that individual? No he's anyomous

Are they putting their reputation on the line with what they say? No he's anyomous

Does it make sense with all the other insider info we've had from multiple insiders (proelite, thuway,liquidmetal,cboat,mortimer)? No resolutions are wrong

Seriously people take anyomous comments with the biggest grain of salt unless they have some track record

co1onel

And now things just got more complicated.

Jeff-DSA

Rumors or fact about this, I do know more enough about the XB1 to say that this launch is going to be rocky.

I think I'm going to drop my preorder and wait until Spring to decide on the XB1. I'll get the PS4 at launch, and wait and see how Microsoft's post-launch game comes together. Right now my confidence is pretty low in MS, and I played my 360 90% of the time this generation between all three consoles.

synce

Every day it's something new... I have to wonder if MS was really planning on launching this year or if Sony forced their hand early

theRizzle

Why should we believe a random anoymous comment posted like that?

Is there any track record for that individual? No he's anyomous

Are they putting their reputation on the line with what they say? No he's anyomous

Does it make sense with all the other insider info we've had from multiple insiders (proelite, thuway,liquidmetal,cboat,mortimer)? No resolutions are wrong

Seriously people take anyomous comments with the biggest grain of salt unless they have some track record

DUDE

He's not anonymous. He's MSoft XBO OS Dev. Who would lie about that?

Because if there's one thing I know about Microsoft, it's that the most popular short form for it is MSoft.

Please don't lock this thread.

November can't get here any sooner... It will be interesting to see how it all goes down.

There is some issues on Sony's side but not like MSFT.

The issues I have heard about are based on connection which is due to go up next week.

If things go as they should it should be fine since we're fast approaching Sony getting their network on for PS4.

If I can get confirmation I will but it depends on availability.

So much drama!

MormaPope

Banned

That's where Sony will have an edge. Issues on their end might be fixable in a much shorter time frame than Xbone issues.

Proxy

Not as transparent? Pretty sure Sony just released patch notes on their day one update that detailed everything that wasn't shipping on the box.

Respawn

Banned
I did too for what it's worth. My mom died and that's why I was absent from Gaf for most of the last 4 days. But I didn't know something happened to him.

All I was referring to was the posts I saw in the recent past from him complaining that people were praising Cboat so much and not him. I wasn't taking some random cheap shot at him, the kind of stuff I was seeing from him genuinely made me think he may be desperate for something massive and to be fair this source seems a bit shaky. He may be right, I'm not even saying he's not, I'm just saying that I personally am not buying it until either someone else can back it up or we see it actually unfold.

Holy Moly at this post. You have feelings of steel bro. Gaf probably wouldn't have seen me for a very long time. Sorry for your loss there friend.

For me the Xbox has always been the leader in online gaming if they screwed this up its massive, I don't care how much denial is out there. If the console is having trouble with friend requests then there are major issues here.

HariKari

More Jeff

Anonymous asked:You are now, accidentally, the person who has confirmed the Xbox OS rumors. How does that feel, Jeff?

Hah. Anyone taking that as confirmation of anything other than my feeling that no one is out there showing very much (if any) real, unedited footage of the Xbox One dashboard is reaching, big time. If people needed me to point that out to them, then they must not be paying very much attention.

It’s like watching people who don’t understand how numbers work trying to complete a connect the dots book. Everything’s connected!

http://blog.jeffgerstmann.net/

Gartooth

Not everything is rosy on Sony's side too.

Just saying...

2014 probably would have worked out better for both companies.

Fuck, here we go.

I don't think hardware would be an issue for the PS4 at this late in the game, sounds like an OS/PSN thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom