• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 43, 2013 (Oct 21 - Oct 27)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
1. Why wouldn't it go lower? The bundles are coming next week. This is what usually happens to hardware before a bundle or price drop.

2. Sonic never sells well in Japan. I think Nintendo and Sega knew that quite clearly when they agreed to the exclusivity agreement.

Forgot about that bundle. In my defense, I have very little interest in WiiU at this time but can hope for them to see some decent bumps with things coming.

As for Sonic, I want to play but WiiU is just a low priority right now.

L Thammy

Did Sonic Underground air in Japan?

Sonic 2006 first week (Garaph)
360 - 3,625
PS3 - 9,770
Lost Worlds for Wii U sold less than either of these.

Danielsan

Curious to see what happens next week with the Wii U, because it has been tanking hard and aside from 3D World the rest of this year's lineup is garbage.

Tripon

| PSV | 24.513 | 25.763

Ahem. It dropped by just over a thousand units.

Because it's a fucking champion.

I don't think the Vita's baseland is around 25,000 though. Maybe around 16,000 or 17,000.

When is Vita TV coming out? That's an really interesting concept, especially since Micro-consoles don't really exist in Japan and Asia at large yet.

SmokyDave

We're re-defining the word "champion" this week, eh?
champion
ˈtʃampɪən
noun
a person who has surpassed all rivals in a sporting contest or other competition.
"a champion hurdler".
a person who vigorously supports or defends a person or cause.
"he became the determined champion of a free press".
The Sony Vita portable entertainment system.
"Fuck me, that Vita is a champion".

I dunno what you're on about chap.

Generations didn't even chart?! Wow.

Yeah. I figured it'd maybe've done a few thousand on 3DS or PS3 like Lost World 3DS did but checking the December 2011 threads it's nowhere to be see.

e: Actually, I was looking at the wrong week. In the top 50 the PS3 version was at #37 and 3DS at #48 so I guess they technically charted, though there's no numbers for them given those positions.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The still forthcoming bundles are a major contributing factor to the particularly poor sales of the last few weeks.

What's the contributing factor to the poor performance of Wii U games? Existing owners aren't even bothering to buy the new releases.

Tripon

What's the contributing factor to the poor performance of Wii U games? Existing owners aren't even bothering to buy the new releases.

Honestly, Pokemon, and Mon Hun 4. Nintendo is competing with themselves at this point.

The PS3 high sellers are targeting a different gaming demographic.

Kid Ying

I honestly expected to see Sonic wiiu on famitsu, but i guess we will see on dengeki.

Good sales on Blazblue side. Unfortunately, Arc is getting back with the vastly inferior franchise. :(

L Thammy

All a champion is is two stages below Mega.

Sonic never made a blip in Japan. Don't know why people are harping on Lost World.

Slow week. Not much else to harp on.

Actually, I'm pretty sure most of the Sonic games on Nintendo consoles have done much better, so it's also deserved.

JoeM86

There's only 5 existing owners? :p

It's a combination of factors. As stated before, Sonic games don't do well in Japan. Secondly, the Wii U installbase is minimal at the moment.

jeffers

there much media/ads/talk around the upcoming wiiu bundles in japan? or is it nintendos usual strategy of "tell nobody"?

Yeah, I'm not sure why people are surprised Sonic didn't chart. Like yeah, the WiiU is a major commercial disaster, but please, Sonic could only muster 5k on the 3DS. It's been irrelevant in Japan for a good number of years now...

Can't wait for next week so the bundle excuse can finally be out the window, of course if they don't do well we'll all be on the board for the 3D World wait train.

zroid

Banned
If Sonic sold just 5k on 3DS... ooooooh lawd Wii U

Why is Sonic so unpopular in Japan, anyway? Has this been true even since the Mega Drive days?

Gamerloid

champion
ˈtʃampɪən
noun
a person who has surpassed all rivals in a sporting contest or other competition.
"a champion hurdler".
a person who vigorously supports or defends a person or cause.
"he became the determined champion of a free press".
The Sony Vita portable entertainment system.
"Fuck me, that Vita is a champion".

I dunno what you're on about chap.
So the 3DS is God then? Honestly, you'd be the champion in this case. Champion of the Vita.

I don't think GTA5 should be that surprising when one takes into account the kind of insane sales it's seeing worldwide. It's the fastest selling game of all time. Of course in retrospect it's easy to say this, but I don't think anyone saw 29 million copies shipped in 2 months.

Kid Ying

Well, the last releases weren't the kind that light up the charts in Japan, to be honest. I don't think anyone was eager to play Rayman and Sonic... And those were all of the releases that the Wiiu saw on october.

I think if the bundles don't go well, Nintendo is screwed. One more month of bad sales, no releases till Mario (and even him could only push the system a little better)... Nintendo better pray to God.

ZenTzen

Vita just needs that killer app to get some real traction, maybe god eater 2 or FFX/X-2 HD, even though both are on psp and ps3 respectivelly as well, and with the advent of the Vita TV maybe then we'll start seeing more awesome games

Top Bottom