• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 consoles sitting in a warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
how to kill time before the PS4 launch?

wife surprised me with a PUERTO RICO trip from this afternoon until Monday (had the week off anyways)

glad I can get away and do my waiting in some nicer weather.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I love how everyone's worried about the structural integrity of the cardboard boxes that the console comes in. Shows how precious this console is to the day-one buyers.

But I wouldn't worry. The thing with the PS4 boxes is that everything is placed to the sides of the actual console, instead of in front. Which makes the boxes bigger, but a lot slimmer without sacrificing space for padding and styrofoam protection.

But god. These images of stacked up PS4's does make it all the more real.
Just a few more days until I can live vicariously through US-GAF's launch day buyers.

Midas

Another box picture from Instagram. Are there different packages or is it just the photos?

8d9b2d8847b811e384f122000ae81109_8.jpg

Midas

As some users noted, it's probably a box in a box. In the photo below, you can see this if you look at the barcode. Can it be so simple that the Canadian version (with the French text) has an extra box over the standard packaging?

Nope. The French text is on the standard packaging as well. You've gotta wonder why there's another box on top.

8aae8ab847ca11e3ab3c22000a1fc513_8.jpg

ascully

If you watch the Teardown on wired today the guy opens a retail box, there is very little padding but it looks like its protected somewhat.

As some users noted, it's probably a box in a box. In the photo below, you can see this if you look at the barcode. Can it be so simple that the Canadian version (with the French text) has an extra box over the standard packaging?

They do this for regional/bundling reasons. My Ps3 slim came bundled with LBP2 and R&C:A41 and had a box in a box. The outside had the system/bundle contents displayed and was made of thing cardboard, on the inside it was just a standard Ps3 corrugated cardboard box.

Midas

They do this for regional/bundling reasons. My Ps3 slim came bundled with LBP2 and R&C:A41 and had a box in a box. The outside had the system/bundle contents displayed and was made of thing cardboard, on the inside it was just a standard Ps3 corrugated cardboard box.

I see. So it must be some kind of regional/localization thing then, since it isn't a bundle.

Love to look at PS4 boxes! Importers, see that the box say 120v. But I guess there's still a chance that there might be a universal psu in the PS4. If I remember correct, the FCC info say that the dev kit/test kit (or whatever it's called) have a 110-240v psu, and that the retail version is exactly the same except software.

1389575_525683537527574_104701302_n.jpg

8426647647d011e3a61522000aaa053e_8.jpg

1cebeb9847ce11e38a340accca05616b_8.jpg

Hoo-doo

Banned
I see. So it must be some kind of regional/localization thing then, since it isn't a bundle.

Love to look at PS4 boxes! Importers, see that the box say 120v. But I guess there's still a chance that there might be a universal psu in the PS4. If I remember correct, the FCC info say that the dev kit/test kit (or whatever it's called) have a 110-240v psu, and that the retail version is exactly the same except software.

1389575_525683537527574_104701302_n.jpg

8426647647d011e3a61522000aaa053e_8.jpg

1cebeb9847ce11e38a340accca05616b_8.jpg

Christ that's a lot of PS4's.

America's body is not ready.

R-User!

Nope. The French text is on the standard packaging as well. You've gotta wonder why there's another box on top.

8aae8ab847ca11e3ab3c22000a1fc513_8.jpg

Gotta protecdat box!

That is a shit ton of inventory. I wonder if people will be able to walk into a store on launch day and purchase one without standing in line all night.

I posted in the Canadian Games Deal thread that the EB I have my preorder at will have enough consoles to fill 250 of 300 preorders. They said they would have none for walk-ins.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
That is a shit ton of inventory. I wonder if people will be able to walk into a store on launch day and purchase one without standing in line all night.

Someone here said their local Wal-Mart would have enough for 58 walk-ins. It sounds like anyone who really wants a PS4 next Friday should be able to get one without too much trouble barring any last minute trouble with shipping.

Man I really hope my local shop gets the 50 they asked for!!! They are my last hope. Got it prepaid over there but they had 35 people already prepaid fully so I am 36th in line. If they do not get their full allotment of units I will be stuck waiting for the 2nd wave to hit. Ooo that could get ugly fast.

The dude at Wal Mart here ( very high population, 200k+ ) said they were only getting 30 units, along with all the Gamestops around town. HIGHLY doubt that number. but if true even the pre-orders fully paid off at my little local shop down the road from the neighborhood would have that beat.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
They will probably have a small amount of stock.

If you're going into launch without a preorder you should start making calls now.

Nah...I am not getting a PS4 or XBO at launch. I was just wondering, launches make me curious. Like the juggalos....so fascinating.

Cess007

Both systems pre-ordered, haven't done a midnight launch for a console since 2005. My excitement is at an all time high right now. ]

I haven't ever been on a midnight launch for a console in my life. This, however, may be the first time i do it. Please, be gentle with me PS4, please be gentle.

Man, this is SUCH a different scenario from the PS3's launch. I remember picking mine up on launch day and the guy at eb games telling me they only got in five consoles. FIVE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom