• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Nov 11-17 | EVO Champions Not Guaranteed

Silky

Banned
EX NeoGAF

Kind of OT? I mean it's wrestling-relateed

ZLiMcRB.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Something to do with the forum software we run on, vbulletin. It isn't meant to handle large loads. So, fixing the problem would basically mean redoing NeoGAF, which is a pretty considerable task. That's just my understanding - I'll gladly be corrected by a mod or someone else in the know.
Hmm, I guess this is what Jaxel was talking about the one time he came back here and said everyone was moving away from vbulletin.

NeoGeoGAF incoming

Hmm, I guess this is what Jaxel was talking about the one time he came back here and said everyone was moving away from vbulletin.

NeoGeoGAF incoming

They're not moving away from VB because it collapses under large loads; there are other reason why VB has gone down the drain.

Of course every other forum software is also shit and would similarly perform poorly if it got as many visitors as GAF does. There's a reason why boards with similar amounts of traffic as GAF run custom code. SomethingAwful forked VB a while back for a similar reason.

so I was bored and needed something to lsiten to. Decided to check on OBS and saw Sanford on the show. .. It has...sort of gotten better? Some of statements are so lololol

"streaming is hurting the fgc"
"LoL and SC have no personality." Have they never heard of TSM and Idra?

Shit, top players WISHED people chanted for them like they chant TSM.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
"I think that a pure 'pay to win' strategy leads to nothing but dissatisfaction," Eshiro told Famitsu. "If you put that front and center, the trend is for users to say 'I don't want to put money up to this, so I won't bother; I'll just let the paying people have their fun by themselves'. The gameplay structure itself winds up shortening the lifespan of the game."

"That's why we have core titles like Deep Down alongside games where you can use touch controls to launch a Hadouken. I think that if users can get hooked on one of these games and learn about the Capcom name that way, that'll lead us to the future."

I think the second quote refers to SF4 on iOS before people get their panties in a bunch

Nyoro SF

That article about P2W is a nice sendoff to SFxT. I had the same attitude once I knew about the "DLC" characters and the better gems. The people getting ripped off can just go play by themselves.

Pure PS4. No special equipment or anything. First time streaming too, so I'm totally new to how the whole thing works.

Just to expand from the stream chat, you mentioned you tried the PS3 stick and it didn't work? (USB/TE stick or something?)

Does it get any response from the menus at all?

Just to expand from the stream chat, you mentioned you tried the PS3 stick and it didn't work? (USB/TE stick or something?)

Does it get any response from the menus at all?

No response, but I might have missed something. I tried my Qanba and even my SFxT fightpad. I'll check again after story mode.

How fast is your home upload speed? Having any problems of that sort?
Currently 2.3 mbps I think

How is the PS4 version? Does it seem like it's a decent port? I already have it ordered, I'm just waiting for Gamestop to ship it out.
I've only played like 5 minutes training, 1 Star Labs then went into the story mode. Seems like a good port, though I haven't tried online at all. Disappointing that it doesn't seem to support old gen sticks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You can stream without the black bar overlay?
If you're talking about the streamer/chat overlay, yeah you have toggles before you start streaming.

If you're talking about the censoring of private messages/requests/notifications/etc., then yeah you can stop that by disabling those notifications altogether.

onionfrog

I've only played like 5 minutes training, 1 Star Labs then went into the story mode. Seems like a good port, though I haven't tried online at all. Disappointing that it doesn't seem to support old gen sticks.

That's dissapointing.
The stream looked really good though!

Bifu should take note!!

There's some stuttering and other hiccups, but I think that's more my upload speed. If a scrub like me can get a stream like this up and running for my first time ever, then this bodes well for those who actually know what they're doing.

Top Bottom