• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus holding Niconico stream on November 24th for "major Persona announcement"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hypocrisy and iodized salt we'll see from certain posters will be well worth the PS4 exclusive announcement..

when it happens, it will also mean japanese rpg devs are ready to embrace the console market again.

Maybe in 2-3 years, right now there's no way they would make it a PS4 exclusive.

duckroll

Not sure I get it though, what are they going to stream during 72 hours, a simple countdown? o_O

It's a 72 hour countdown which will be on Niconico's front page as well as the main streaming page (presumably the p-ch page as well). It's just advertising really.

qko

If a mainstream Persona comes to any Nintendo console... i do hope the parts 1-4 are ported somehow.

Soriku

Atlus is reviving its Persona magazine as well apparently:

http://gematsu.com/2013/11/atlus-reviving-persona-magazine-next-month

Atlus is reviving its Persona Magazine, an Amazon Japan listing has revealed.

Persona Magazine was a monthly magazine about all things Persona that ran for 11 issues from 2011 to 2012.

While the last issue of the magazine was “#One More” (which followed issue “#10″), the upcoming issue is dubbed “#Re:birth.” It’s due out on December 5 under the publishing arm of ASCII Media Works.

The magazine revival coincides with Atlus’ expected Persona game announcement this Sunday, which might be a sequel to Persona 4. Maybe.

Thanks, Game Jouhou.

Squire

Banned
I find people wanting it to be a PS4 title way more baffling than the ones wanting it to be a Vita or 3DS title.

I can't speak for everyone, but for me, it's really all in the system itself. The PS4 game I'm playing most is Assassin's IV, which is odd because I don't really care about visuals with regards to that game. I could've easily played it on PS3 or 360.

But the PS4 has a better OS in every sense and a better controller on top of that. For me, the most immediate next-gen advantage isn't visuals, but functionality; ease of use.

I never really took the possibility of P5 on PS4 seriously until last weekend. Since then, the less I have to play my PS3, the better.

Dr. Buni

Atlus is reviving its Persona magazine as well apparently:

http://gematsu.com/2013/11/atlus-reviving-persona-magazine-next-month
Now that is something hype-worthy.
I can't speak for everyone, but for me, it's really all in the system itself. The PS4 game I'm playing most is Assassin's IV, which is odd because I don't really care about visuals with regards to that game. I could've easily played it on PS3 or 360.

But the PS4 has a better OS in every sense and a better controller on top of that. For me, the most immediate next-gen advantage isn't visuals, but functionality; ease of use.

I never really took the possibility of P5 on PS4 seriously until last weekend. Since then, the less I have to play my PS3, the better.
I see. Well, the PS4 is $400 and has 0 games that interest me, so Persona 5 being a PS4-exclusive title would be one of the worse scenarios for me. I'd rather it be released for a console I already own (PS3 or 3DS) or even for a cheaper device I don't own yet, but I could afford one in the next couple months (Vita). To each their own, though.

CrazyDude

I don't find OS to be that big of a deal when playing the game and Persona games were never controller heavy games to begin with.

Shinypogs

I wish every home console (Wii U, 360 and PS3) will get the new Persona.

I agree, everyone should share in the inevitable excellence that is to come, fuck throw it on pc too. The more the merrier and the less games people can bitch and crow about being exclusive.

Fuck, now I wish the whole series was available on steam or something

Reveirg

6AM EST is pretty much the worst time for me unfortunately :(

Too late to stay up and too early to wake up. Might just have to try and catch a replay of the stream and read the whole gaf meltdown!

Faustek

For us that only understand Japanese on a Eroge/Shounen level...Seriously, someone should live stream and translate for us :D

EDIT: meh, thats a lie I can barely understand Shounen level stuff either...

FluxWaveZ

I don't really find that worth paying 400 dollars for right now.

Okay...? I'm not talking about what would justify a PS4 purchase for you, I'm talking about the features that would make a PS4 version worth it for those that own one, like Inorigo mentioned.

Squire

Banned
The Share button.

The share button, multitasking, just the simple act of getting in and put of a game is so much faster on PS4.

Again this is stuff I never even talked about prior to actually getting my PS4. If it doesn't matter to other people, fine. I'm just stating why I'd rather play a game there than on PS3 or 3DS or whatever. Me personally.

PS4 Persona incoming.

Don't play with my heart!

Ogawa-san

I don't really find that worth paying 400 dollars for right now.
It's not like P5 would come anytime sooner than Q3 2014 or something.

I don't have a reason to buy a PS4 right now either, but just like a 3DS I know it's just a matter of time. It'll eventually have enough titles to justify buying one, and P5 would count for about five of them.

Soriku

For us that only understand Japanese on a Eroge/Shounen level...Seriously, someone should live stream and translate for us :D

EDIT: meh, thats a lie I can barely understand Shounen level stuff either...

Read:

Persona 5 = Persona 5

sugoi = amazing

kawaii = cute

Now you're ready.

qko

#Re:Birth

two separate words because as one word it means Mainline Persona is back, as two separate words it means REmake on a totally new platform non-sony... (birth).

ohlawd

If they do a PS4 release, then that's fine with me.

Think about this shit. It's not like they do the announcement and the next day they go "SURPRISE bitches Persona 5 on PS4 out....NOW."

This shit's gonna take time. Months, man. A year later? Even better. Well fuck, along the way PS4 might have had a temp sale and have an acceptable $250-300 price tag.

Acid08

Banned
Hoping for PS3/Vita or Wii U but expecting only PS3.

Also hoping for a P3 definitive version for Vita announcement sometime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom