• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 official European waiting thread - come here and wait with us!

Jamie OD

MANY PEOPLE TOLD ME DIGITAL IS THE FUTURE , YEAH RIGHT....

PdGaCP7.png

That's €75!

Bet you they will charge €80 outside of the UK.

I'm still wondering if checking out stores on Friday to get a Killzone bundle (in Germany) makes any sense. Will get the vanilla from Amazon anyway. I'd gladly take the "discounted" controller and camera though.

Any info if the retailers get some stock of those bundles day one?

Mung

Has anyone who has ordered from GAME online had their account charged yet? They sent an email saying they would charge in advance over a week ago but nothing yet.

skoma

Oh im also worrying about that as well as.

Order not dispatching
Courier not delivering/PS4 goes missing
PS4 not working.

I feel you.
Also checking my amazon order every other hour :D
Currently going through my backlog to overcome the last days till launch, but none of my games can hold my attention for more than an hour or so. Now loading burnout paradies.

ACX

Neo Member
I have pre-ordered the mega bundle in store from Game. Went in last week for my one2one and is all confirmed for midnight launch pickup.

Probably varies by branch then. Maybe if they do eventually have on launch day I can talk my way into switching. It won't be the end of the world if they don't though, as long as I get a system!

Mik3F

The only thing I am going digital on PS4 is the PS+ freebies. The rest are all going to be physical so they can be traded in once I am done with them

The full amount? Oh snap! Might have to contact them tomorrow then.

Yeah, don't want to worry you or anything but I was prompted a couple of weeks go to pay off the amount within the week to guarantee launch. They had a timer and everything.

Check your emails.

Mung

Yeah, don't want to worry you or anything but I was prompted a couple of weeks go to pay off the amount within the week to guarantee launch. They had a timer and everything.

Check your emails.

Is this game.co.uk? I got an email on the 12th to ensure I had the funds ready but nothing after that...

Is this game.co.uk? I got an email on the 12th to ensure I had the funds ready but nothing after that...

Hi william,

Thank you for deciding to preorder and deposit with GAME.co.uk. The clock is very quickly counting down to the launch of your preordered item(s), and we just need you to pay the balance to secure your order(s).

You paid your deposit using PayPal. This means that we now need you to take a further step to complete your purchase by using PayPal to pay the final balance.

Order Number: ...
Order Description: PlayStation 4 Console Preorder.
Remaining Balance: £329.99

You can see all your order details and any other orders that contain preordered items here:

Any 2014 preorders will not appear at the moment but will still be viewable in "My Account" or by following the link in your original order confirmation email.

What you need to do now...

Please follow the link below to pay the remaining balance for your preordered item(s). Please note that funds will be taken immediately from your account to secure your order. If you leave it too long before paying the remaining balance, this may impact whether you receive your order on release day.

That was on the 6th of this month. Paid it off later that day, got an email on the 14th saying my order was at risk as I hasn't paid. Emailed then, got a reply saying the second email was a mistake and that I'm good to go.

BibiMaghoo

MANY PEOPLE TOLD ME DIGITAL IS THE FUTURE , YEAH RIGHT....

PdGaCP7.png

See, I could understand this, when people were blatantly and freely buying a single copy of a game to share with others. It made sense. You could even go 'halves' on a game with a friend.

Now though, that can't be done. That makes this considerably less acceptable.

Mung

That was on the 6th of this month. Paid it off later that day, got an email on the 14th saying my order was at risk as I hasn't paid. Emailed then, got a reply saying the second email was a mistake and that I'm good to go.

Ah I see, thanks. Maybe they requested that you pay the full amount because you used paypal? For me, they just said they would charge the remainder to my card. Will call them tomorrow regardless.

Ah I see, thanks. Maybe they requested that you pay the full amount because you used paypal? For me, they just said they would charge the remainder to my card. Will call them tomorrow regardless.

Ah that could be it! Well, best of luck, we all know what GAME can be like..

RaikuHebi

Banned
Everyone just buy from the US store and get PSN credit or the games directly from Amazon. Simple. Games cheaper than retail and if you share with a friend even cheaper than that.

level44

Everyone just buy from the US store and get PSN credit or the games directly from Amazon. Simple. Games cheaper than retail and if you share with a friend even cheaper than that.

But then then you have to get the US DLC as well and I'm not sure but I think it's puts you playing in the US servers as well.

Yeah I plan on making a seperate US account, buy games from Amazon store and play all the games on my main(EU) account.

NeeL

Neo Member
I'm waiting all right! In Russia the launch will be on November 28th at 21:30 Moscow time (UTM+3). Gonna get Killzone, BF4 and AC4. Maybe NFS Rivals, since driveclub was pushed back.

Mideon

Shopto have cancelled my PS4 order no cancellation email nothing its just gone, never again shopto, used to be such a great company too.

ShopTo just cancelled my pre-order.

Despite my paying it off over a month ago, they still tried to charge the full amount to my card for some reason. It's been rejected, obviously, and they've cancelled the whole thing.

I'm so unbelievably pissed off right now.

Did you order any games with shopto for ps4?

Shopto also would have charged you for them along with it.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I heard you can't have two accounts both 'activated' on the PS4 at the same time though, is this correct?
Incorrect actually.

Each account can assign a PS4 as their main console. This allows other accounts on that console to use the content of that account.

So you can have 5 accounts and assign your PS4 as the main console for all of them.

If you use those accounts on any other PS4 you have to be signed in to that account to use the content bought with that account. These are secondary consoles which aren't assigned to your account, in other words all PS4s in the world. You can't use an account with two secondary consoles at the same time, but you can use a primary console and one secondary console at the same time.

H1PSTER

You buy the game codes or PSN money codes from Amazon.com.

You use your US PSN account to download the games.

You enjoy games.

So lemme get this straight.

I get my PS4, make two accounts (Main EU one and one US one) then buy US PSN credit, register it on my US account and I'm able to use my EU account to play the games on multiplayer + get trophies?

If yes I love Sony, oh so much!.

RaikuHebi

Banned

I get my PS4, make two accounts (Main EU one and one US one) then buy US PSN credit, register it on my US account and I'm able to use my EU account to play the games on multiplayer + get trophies?

Exactly.

It was possible on the PS3 as well.

Mondy

Banned

Why is this such a revelation? We have been doing this for years! lol

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Exactly.

It was possible on the PS3 as well.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to buy US PSN currency directly via that US account as well? Would get rid of that Amazon step.

edit: The revelation for me is simply that I never owned a PS3, thus never worried about things like that :)

danthefan

I think I'm going to do this, as well as try to get a PS+ code for $30 on Black Friday.

H1PSTER

Out of curiosity, is it possible to buy US PSN currency directly via that US account as well? Would get rid of that Amazon step.

I'm coming from 360 and I could never imagine this. I'm planning on buying select games digitally too so it makes it ever so nicer for me to purchase them without worrying about my wallet.

RaikuHebi

Banned

I haven't actually bought any games from US PSN yet, but from what I've gathered the US PSN checks the region of your payment method so it doesn't work. Whereas on Amazon you just fake address and it works.

I think I'm going to do this, as well as try to get a PS+ code for $30 on Black Friday.

lol we're getting in on the Black Friday craze too.

AU$104.95 lmao

I thought whoever set the prices would realize that the Australian Dollar has been within 10% of the USD (in both directions) and actually do something with this new console. Evidently not

RaikuHebi

Banned
I worry that Sony will eventually thwart us in some way, but perhaps they understand that by keeping this method open they (and their partners) stand to make more money.

I'm more likely to buy two games for £80, than one game for £60.

Top Bottom