• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'll just be sad if Heroes and Heralds mode doesn't exist anymore for folks who didn't nab it. Is that an update or a DLC?

I don't see heroes and herald mode being on dlc list for ps3.

Btw whoever don't own Jill and Shuma on PS3, they should download it NOW since they are free.

onionfrog

Hey guys, we should fix this in the patch notes.
patch_notes said:
Captain America
+Final Justice invincible from frames 0-36; travels faster; allows for post-hyper combo follow-up through Shield Slash L OTG.
Final Justice is the only level 3 damage hyper that is not invincible on startup. This change provides it with increased utility, especially since it leads to full combos now.
Someone from gamefaqs noted that Captain America can already get a full combo off of his level 3. I checked this in training mode and he can indeed get a full combo off of his level 3.

We should revise this change to explain that we're increasing the untechable knockdown time in order to give him more time to confirm off of a level 3. (The timing to combo off of it currently is somewhat tight.)

Also the lack of any sort of announcement regarding Marvel at Capcom Cup today makes me sad. :(

onionfrog

So...is marvel dead or is there more to be announced than 3v3 USF4?
I don't see how it could be any more dead...
-No announcement at capcom cup, or even an acknowledgement that the game could use some further balancing.
-Combined with the fact that the DLC characters and costumes are being removed from all digital marketplaces within the next week or so.

RIP Marvel.
RIP future Jill and Shuma players.
They'll be none, since new players wont be able to buy the DLC unlocks for them.

EasyMode

fjawo6R.png

Dahbomb

LMAO @ the "When's Mahvel" cap. That's a nice touch.

No announcements at Capcom Cup but there were some incredible matches in top 8.

Ghazi

LMAO @ the "When's Mahvel" cap. That's a nice touch.

No announcements at Capcom Cup but there were some incredible matches in top 8.

Last two sets were lacking, imo.

I've been playing online while watching and got bodied by tons of stupid shit, as I always do. I want them to patch it :(

But seriously though, I lose to the stupidest bs ever, some guy's Ghost Rider beat me and he couldn't even put together 2 coherent links and spammed the command grab, stupid that you can just get looped in those, the whole time I'm thinking "I'm better than this". Guess not.

e: Anyone want to play on 360? I want to play on my stick. It's so annoying, people always quit player matches (I stop playing when i get to my third character, I assume that's why). I can never get good sets in because no-one ever sticks around long enough.

Dahbomb

Yeah last two matches were meh but the rest of top 8 was pretty godlike. Killer match after killer match.

MM coming up too bad it won't be streamed. What a joke... Fanatiq gonna Fanatiq I guess.

onionfrog

I've been playing online while watching and got bodied by tons of stupid shit, as I always do. I want them to patch it :(

But seriously though, I lose to the stupidest bs ever, some guy's Ghost Rider beat me and he couldn't even put together 2 coherent links and spammed the command grab, stupid that you can just get looped in those, the whole time I'm thinking "I'm better than this". Guess not.

e: Anyone want to play on 360? I want to play on my stick. It's so annoying, people always quit player matches (I stop playing when i get to my third character, I assume that's why). I can never get good sets in because no-one ever sticks around long enough.
Hey Ghazi, want to play on PSN?

onionfrog

Yo, I missed this, I have to study for my finals tomorrow so I think I'm going to go to sleep early tonight. Tomorrow I may be on later into the night though!
Okay.
I'm probably heading to bed pretty soon myself.
Playing this Jill and iron man team and I can't for the life of me figure out a third character.
This is a cliche answer, but you could always anchor sentinel with drones.

Ghazi

I was literally typing this as well earlier. Drones work well with Jill too, you just see them slowly fly in as you get crossed up by Jill and smacked in the back by them. Pretty funny actually, I think it's got some good Synergy, great DHC options as well if you went straight from Jill -> Sentinel.

Dahbomb

ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-logo2.jpg

R.I.P

February 2011 to December 2013

Featured in EVO 2011, 2012, EVO 2013 and most likely EVO 2014

This is the eulogy post for the future of Marvel 3 related support. This is not the end of the game being competitive but this is the end of the game getting any update, balance patch, expansion or any thing similar. With the de-listed of MVC2/MVC3 from PSN/XBLA it's pretty clear that the digital license for the MVC franchise is over.

While it's sad that the game will get no additional support... I would say that the enjoyment and excitement that the game has provided over the year has been some of the best I have experienced in my gaming life. The freedom that the fighting engine offered, the diversity of the cast, the fast paced action, the glorious animation/sound effects/voice work, the potential for theory craft... this game was made for one purpose and that is to install raw excitement in both the player and the spectator. The game continued the trend of its predecessor MVC2 of making memes and color commentary that brighten up the day of any person looking up the usual fighting game streams. It brought a lot of new players to the scene. It made people laugh, it made people angry, it made people hype, it made people salty and it even made people cry.

Capcom Cup was a great tournament for the game despite the lackluster grand final. The top 8 was filled excellent matches and I suggest that anyone who missed the matches watch them when they are archived. But this post isn't about Capcom Cup.... it's about the moments that the game delivered that made you go "OMFG WOW!!!!" or "THAT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!" From crazy comebacks to a godlike incoming mix up to superb mobility and neutral play even the live discovery of game breaking glitches... this game had a ton to offer.

I am only going to list my top 10 favorite moments but there are many more similar moments that have happened over the years with the game.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Top 10 Moments of All Time

10) Green Ace demolishes Team Norcal in the first Curleh Mustache Battle Royale

This was the first Battle Royale tournament where teams from various regions competed in a 5v5 tournament. Team Norcal and Team NY were the favorites to win. Team Norcal was especially stacked with players like FChamp, Neo, PRBalog, Chris Schmidt. Florida also had a solid team with players like Flocker, Flash Metroid and Marvelo but the real secret weapon of the team was Green Ace.

Green Ace was always known as one of the best players in Florida. He used the ORIGINAL team DMC (back then there was no Vergil so Wesker was the stand in for Vergil) and still plays that team because he's the best player of that team. At CEO, Green Ace and PRBalrog had an AMAZING exhibition set but the catalyst for this set was the Green Ace performance against team Norcal.

Green Ace recently made top 8 at NEC and still features one of the best Dante (if not the best) in the world. He's an absolute joy to watch for anyone who is a fan of the game.

9) The fall and rise of RayRay

Everyone remembers the RayRay vs Fanatiq MM. It was a blow up to put it nicely. RayRay was inexperienced in the art of MM and just got destroyed. However, unlike most players who drop off from the radar RayRay grew immensely as a player to become a top player. He has made a few top 8s in majors and is a regular contender at NLBC but it was his phenomenal run at ECT that really cemented his status as an up and coming titan of the game.

RayRay has great knowledge of the game, great execution and has that extra flair that makes him a fan favorite.

8) Marlin "Based Swag" Pie

In 10 years from now when people talk about or look up MVC3 then MarlinPie will be the player that pops off. The innovator of what is now referred to as the "Doom swag"... he single handedly made a dull character into a character with insane combo potential. Before that he was known for his explosive Viper and his equally interesting Amaterasu play. He started off playing with Magneto and he was pretty fly with Magneto too but he really hit his stride with Doom. His best performance includes a win in Canada and at Shadowloo Showdown against FChamp, otherwise he had made a few top 8s and was voted in for Capcom Cup. He is very hot and cold... but when he's hot he can pull some crazy stuff!

There is no particular video I can link of MarlinPie that embodies him properly so I just linked a compilation video. Here's his win over FChamp at Shadowloo Showdown.

7) The "Quicksilver" Discovery at the first Curleh Mustache

MVC3 is an extremely open engine fighting game and that means it has its fair share of glitches... some of them even game breaking. In the age of Youtube there is rarely a glitch or tech that is seen in tournaments before it is already posted on Youtube... except for this time when RogueYoshi had been saving up a very powerful glitch to unleash at the very first Curleh Mustache. There were rumors about this crazy glitch but very few people had actually seen it and when RogueYoshi used it the room went absolutely nuts!

In the words of Mr Quotes... "WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3!!!"

6) Good vs Evil Phoenix event at Seasons Beating

Phoenix was and is still considered by many to be one of the most hated fighting game characters of all time. The mechanic around the character is built around giving up some early advantage for a character that is designed to be OP. Vanilla MVC3 was not properly tuned for such a character with the abundance of meter in it but UMVC3 was much better tuned for it however that hatred for the character never went away.

There was an event at the second to last Seasons Beating where it was a team tournament featuring Phoenix players versus non Phoenix players. Phoenix players were the heavy favorites as they included the EVO champ Viscant among other top players who all used the best character in the game. The non Phoenix team had some exciting players though and what unfolded was one of the most hype events in fighting game history.

I only linked the Viscant set as it was the final one but the whole series is good stuff.

5) Kusoru's defiant win at Final Round

Marvel is America's game.. now and forever and ever. That doesn't mean that there are those rare occasions when an international player comes in and swoops up a major tournament win. It happened first when Tokido beat Justin at CEO in MVC3 which even though was the first time in the game's history... it doesn't compare to what Kusoru did at Final Round. Kusoru came in with a very unorthodox team and made a legendary run through the best of the best players that America had to offer. It was the first time that people were exposed to the Log Trap and high level Viewtiful Joe play... America was not ready. To top it off, Kusoru was trolling non stop. Sadly Kusoru has never returned to US soil retaining his status as undefeated in the US.

4) FChamp vs ChrisG : A Classic Rivalry

As of this post, FChamp and ChrisG are the two best MVC3 players. Since they are both the best it is logical that they fight each other regularly in tournaments. And when they fight each other its a sight to see. MVC3 is notorious for being a fast rushdown/mix up heavy game with less focus on neutral but when you see these two play you throw those notions out of the window. They play extremely intelligently, properly placing every projectile, every assist call and optimizing every bit of meter usage. Their rivalry has reached almost "El Classico" level although ChrisG does get the better of FChamp nowadays. Their clashes have produced some of the best matches in the game. In the header I linked their historic EVO match but their FT15 match is also excellent and it was featured at the very last Seasons Beating..

3) PRRog's miraculous Tron Bonne LVL3

PRRog quickly rose in prominence in MVC but the one moment that really cemented it was in Grand Finals of the first MVC3 EVO tournament. PRRog had just come off a big win over Justin "Marvelous" Wong and he had tech that no one had seen before. He was up against Viscant, who did go on to win the whole tournament. However, the final match to reset the bracket was one for the ages.... a single Tron against a Dark Phoenix and Haggar with a play that rocked the world.

2) Justin Wong's outstanding EVO 2013 run

Justin Wong is the face of Marvel. When you think of Marvel and "winning".. you think of Justin Wong. He should file a motion to have his middle name remaned to "Marvelous". Justin Wong has won a lot of majors in MVC3 but no EVO wins sadly even though he won nearly every EVO in MVC2 and has gotten top 8 in all MVC3 EVOs. At EVO 2013, Justin was not the favorite to win... however something in him lit up and he went permanent Wong factor mode to run through the loser's bracket all the way up to the Grand Finals where he just didn't let up even until the final moment. It was a performance that brought many people to their knees and some people were so moved by the performance that they cried. Even Justin himself was moved by the outcome of the events as he had never been cheered on for like that in his life.

1) The Bionic Arm

Every super hero has an origin story... and every big fighting game had an origin moment. The Bionic Arm was the origin moment of MVC3. It set the tone for the hype that was to come and it succeeded in placing MVC3 as the most watched spectator game in a lot of events (at the most recent EVO MVC3 broke 150K views, a record for the FGC). It's sad that Combofiend does not compete anymore as he was one of the most exciting Marvel players. He did leave a big mark on the game as he gave us the Bionic Arm moment. The moment was so powerful that it essentially spawned off the meme... no one even calls the hyper by its real name (Bionic Lancer) anymore. The original video has almost 600K views.

While the original Bionic Arm moment was amazing... this particular "Bionic Arm" moment is technically superior in terms of skills and reads. People usually forget it because Combofiend has made so many Bionic Arm moments and they usually remember the first one only.

Okay.
I'm probably heading to bed pretty soon myself.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, but I really don't care much for Jill with drones, I do however really like iron man with drones. I think I'm just gonna do random and see what it gives me...I might get surprised.

Edit: Damn dahbomb that's a hell of post

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
dahbomb seriously

seriously

EDIT: Also, MvC:O isn't being delisted, and it falls in the same contract I think. Though I still think this is just one big exaggerated joke about the franchise.

Zissou

ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-logo2.jpg

R.I.P

February 2011 to December 2013

Featured in EVO 2011, 2012, EVO 2013 and most likely EVO 2014

This is the eulogy post for the future of Marvel 3 related support. This is not the end of the game being competitive but this is the end of the game getting any update, balance patch, expansion or any thing similar. With the de-listed of MVC2/MVC3 from PSN/XBLA it's pretty clear that the digital license for the MVC franchise is over.

While it's sad that the game will get no additional support... I would say that the enjoyment and excitement that the game has provided over the year has been some of the best I have experienced in my gaming life. The freedom that the fighting engine offered, the diversity of the cast, the fast paced action, the glorious animation/sound effects/voice work, the potential for theory craft... this game was made for one purpose and that is to install raw excitement in both the player and the spectator. The game continued the trend of its predecessor MVC2 of making memes and color commentary that brighten up the day of any person looking up the usual fighting game streams. It brought a lot of new players to the scene. It made people laugh, it made people angry, it made people hype, it made people salty and it even made people cry.

Capcom Cup was a great tournament for the game despite the lackluster grand final. The top 8 was filled excellent matches and I suggest that anyone who missed the matches watch them when they are archived. But this post isn't about Capcom Cup.... it's about the moments that the game delivered that made you go "OMFG WOW!!!!" or "THAT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!" From crazy comebacks to a godlike incoming mix up to superb mobility and neutral play even the live discovery of game breaking glitches... this game had a ton to offer.

I am only going to list my top 10 favorite moments but there are many more similar moments that have happened over the years with the game.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Top 10 Moments of All Time

10) Green Ace demolishes Team Norcal in the first Curleh Mustache Battle Royale

This was the first Battle Royale tournament where teams from various regions competed in a 5v5 tournament. Team Norcal and Team NY were the favorites to win. Team Norcal was especially stacked with players like FChamp, Neo, PRBalog, Chris Schmidt. Florida also had a solid team with players like Flocker, Flash Metroid and Marvelo but the real secret weapon of the team was Green Ace.

Green Ace was always known as one of the best players in Florida. He used the ORIGINAL team DMC (back then there was no Vergil so Wesker was the stand in for Vergil) and still plays that team because he's the best player of that team. At CEO, Green Ace and PRBalrog had an AMAZING exhibition set but the catalyst for this set was the Green Ace performance against team Norcal.

Green Ace recently made top 8 at NEC and still features one of the best Dante (if not the best) in the world. He's an absolute joy to watch for anyone who is a fan of the game.

9) The fall and rise of RayRay

Everyone remembers the RayRay vs Fanatiq MM. It was a blow up to put it nicely. RayRay was inexperienced in the art of MM and just got destroyed. However, unlike most players who drop off from the radar RayRay grew immensely as a player to become a top player. He has made a few top 8s in majors and is a regular contender at NLBC but it was his phenomenal run at ECT that really cemented his status as an up and coming titan of the game.

RayRay has great knowledge of the game, great execution and has that extra flair that makes him a fan favorite.

8) Marlin "Based Swag" Pie

In 10 years from now when people talk about or look up MVC3 then MarlinPie will be the player that pops off. The innovator of what is now referred to as the "Doom swag"... he single handedly made a dull character into a character with insane combo potential. Before that he was known for his explosive Viper and his equally interesting Amaterasu play. He started off playing with Magneto and he was pretty fly with Magneto too but he really hit his stride with Doom. His best performance includes a win in Canada and at Shadowloo Showdown against FChamp, otherwise he had made a few top 8s and was voted in for Capcom Cup. He is very hot and cold... but when he's hot he can pull some crazy stuff!

There is no particular video I can link of MarlinPie that embodies him properly so I just linked a compilation video. Here's his win over FChamp at Shadowloo Showdown.

7) The "Quicksilver" Discovery at the first Curleh Mustache

MVC3 is an extremely open engine fighting game and that means it has its fair share of glitches... some of them even game breaking. In the age of Youtube there is rarely a glitch or tech that is seen in tournaments before it is already posted on Youtube... except for this time when RogueYoshi had been saving up a very powerful glitch to unleash at the very first Curleh Mustache. There were rumors about this crazy glitch but very few people had actually seen it and when RogueYoshi used it the room went absolutely nuts!

In the words of Mr Quotes... "WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3!!!"

6) Good vs Evil Phoenix event at Seasons Beating

Phoenix was and is still considered by many to be one of the most hated fighting game characters of all time. The mechanic around the character is built around giving up some early advantage for a character that is designed to be OP. Vanilla MVC3 was not properly tuned for such a character with the abundance of meter in it but UMVC3 was much better tuned for it however that hatred for the character never went away.

There was an event at the second to last Seasons Beating where it was a team tournament featuring Phoenix players versus non Phoenix players. Phoenix players were the heavy favorites as they included the EVO champ Viscant among other top players who all used the best character in the game. The non Phoenix team had some exciting players though and what unfolded was one of the most hype events in fighting game history.

I only linked the Viscant set as it was the final one but the whole series is good stuff.

5) Kusoru's defiant win at Final Round

Marvel is America's game.. now and forever and ever. That doesn't mean that there are those rare occasions when an international player comes in and swoops up a major tournament win. It happened first when Tokido beat Justin at CEO in MVC3 which even though was the first time in the game's history... it doesn't compare to what Kusoru did at Final Round. Kusoru came in with a very unorthodox team and made a legendary run through the best of the best players that America had to offer. It was the first time that people were exposed to the Log Trap and high level Viewtiful Joe play... America was not ready. To top it off, Kusoru was trolling non stop. Sadly Kusoru has never returned to US soil retaining his status as undefeated in the US.

4) FChamp vs ChrisG : A Classic Rivalry

As of this post, FChamp and ChrisG are the two best MVC3 players. Since they are both the best it is logical that they fight each other regularly in tournaments. And when they fight each other its a sight to see. MVC3 is notorious for being a fast rushdown/mix up heavy game with less focus on neutral but when you see these two play you throw those notions out of the window. They play extremely intelligently, properly placing every projectile, every assist call and optimizing every bit of meter usage. Their rivalry has reached almost "El Classico" level although ChrisG does get the better of FChamp nowadays. Their clashes have produced some of the best matches in the game. In the header I linked their historic EVO match but their FT15 match is also excellent and it was featured at the very last Seasons Beating..

3) PRRog's miraculous Tron Bonne LVL3

PRRog quickly rose in prominence in MVC but the one moment that really cemented it was in Grand Finals of the first MVC3 EVO tournament. PRRog had just come off a big win over Justin "Marvelous" Wong and he had tech that no one had seen before. He was up against Viscant, who did go on to win the whole tournament. However, the final match to reset the bracket was one for the ages.... a single Tron against a Dark Phoenix and Haggar with a play that rocked the world.

2) Justin Wong's outstanding EVO 2013 run

Justin Wong is the face of Marvel. When you think of Marvel and "winning".. you think of Justin Wong. He should file a motion to have his middle name remaned to "Marvelous". Justin Wong has won a lot of majors in MVC3 but no EVO wins sadly even though he won nearly every EVO in MVC2 and has gotten top 8 in all MVC3 EVOs. At EVO 2013, Justin was not the favorite to win... however something in him lit up and he went permanent Wong factor mode to run through the loser's bracket all the way up to the Grand Finals where he just didn't let up even until the final moment. It was a performance that brought many people to their knees and some people were so moved by the performance that they cried. Even Justin himself was moved by the outcome of the events as he had never been cheered on for like that in his life.

1) The Bionic Arm

Every super hero has an origin story... and every big fighting game had an origin moment. The Bionic Arm was the origin moment of MVC3. It set the tone for the hype that was to come and it succeeded in placing MVC3 as the most watched spectator game in a lot of events (at the most recent EVO MVC3 broke 150K views, a record for the FGC). It's sad that Combofiend does not compete anymore as he was one of the most exciting Marvel players. He did leave a big mark on the game as he gave us the Bionic Arm moment. The moment was so powerful that it essentially spawned off the meme... no one even calls the hyper by its real name (Bionic Lancer) anymore. The original video has almost 600K views.

While the original Bionic Arm moment was amazing... this particular "Bionic Arm" moment is technically superior in terms of skills and reads. People usually forget it because Combofiend has made so many Bionic Arm moments and they usually remember the first one only.

Enjoyed the write-up. Amen

Dahbomb

I actually mean that support for Marvel 3 is dead not "Marvel is dead" even though I wrote it out. Marvel will be back when they get the license.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
Just because nothing was said at Capcom-Cup it doesn't mean something isn't brewing. It's not as if it's something they'd reveal at Capcom-Cup anyway. They didn't even unveil the 5th character.

It'd likely be revealed at Captivate or one of the Comic Cons.

At this point I do wonder if we'll see MvC4 on the next gen though. Which to me would suck as we'd possibly lose characters, costumes and have voice actors replaced (like Captain America, his new voice is just Chris' and it's terrible).

shaowebb

Maybe you should talk to the MK Secrets hacker guys about the possibilty of hacking the thing like Project M did. You should be able to implement all your changes on characters without a ton of new code being done...should just be editting values. Uncle Festor has a hack of Aquaman thats canceling tridents right now in Injustice into themselves thats pretty ridiculous. Maybe he could tell you what the chances are of getting some folks behind it as a real project.

You came this far and made the notes. You may as well see if you can team up with anyone to let you go all the way and implement them.

Ghazi

I was just starting to go through the Marvel strategy guide, which I've had for about 1 and a half now, and noticed they give a specific shout out to Game Galaxy Arcade in Nashville (where I go now). Geez, I wish I'd started reading this thing earlier, would've been helpful.

But anyway, the guide seems very good. Has a ton of terminology that helped in the beginning, history of the series, frame data (which I probably won't be able to mentally comprehend very well haha) and I'm only on page 17. This should hopefully help a lot, surprisingly. I always thought Strategy Guides were gimmicks and a scam for the most part.

onionfrog

I was just starting to go through the Marvel strategy guide, which I've had for about 1 and a half now, and noticed they give a specific shout out to Game Galaxy Arcade in Nashville (where I go now). Geez, I wish I'd started reading this thing earlier, would've been helpful.

But anyway, the guide seems very good. Has a ton of terminology that helped in the beginning, history of the series, frame data (which I probably won't be able to mentally comprehend very well haha) and I'm only on page 17. This should hopefully help a lot, surprisingly. I always thought Strategy Guides were gimmicks and a scam for the most part.
I may have to actually pull out my guide and read through some of it.

I remember that the history of the series and glossary sections were very well done.

I've had it since release but I've probably only used it a handful of times.

The combos in it are super outdated, but It's good for frame data though!

Buy them now. They will be unavailable for purchase and removed from PSN and XBL within the next week. (IIRC 12/17 for PSN and 12/21 for XBL)

Also buy the costumes if you want them, as they'll also be removed!
I'm kinda in a weird place. I had the game for 360...which I sold for my One. I have costumes for it, but no way to play it without backwards compat. So I'm looking at my PS3 which I'm keeping. I don't have the game on PS3, but might double dip. But rebuying shit like costumes just feels wrong. IDK. I guess I have a few days to think about it.

onionfrog

I'm kinda in a weird place. I had the game for 360...which I sold for my One. I have costumes for it, but no way to play it without backwards compat. So I'm looking at my PS3 which I'm keeping. I don't have the game on PS3, but might double dip. But rebuying shit like costumes just feels wrong. IDK. I guess I have a few days to think about it.
I'd buy the characters for sure.
The costumes aren't as big of a deal. Especially if you already had them on 360 and wouldn't miss them on ps3.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They cancelled this year's Captivate. There's a 50/50 chance there's another one in 2014, really.
Yeah I don't think they'll be doing them anymore, especially if Megaman doesn't come back in a big way.

The event sort of fizzled in terms of how many big announcements there were and there are already so many different venues for announcements. Going into next gen, I can only imagine Sony/MS/Nintendo are pulling harder for exclusive reveals (not necessarily exclusive games).

Dahbomb

Maybe you should talk to the MK Secrets hacker guys about the possibilty of hacking the thing like Project M did. You should be able to implement all your changes on characters without a ton of new code being done...should just be editting values. Uncle Festor has a hack of Aquaman thats canceling tridents right now in Injustice into themselves thats pretty ridiculous. Maybe he could tell you what the chances are of getting some folks behind it as a real project.

You came this far and made the notes. You may as well see if you can team up with anyone to let you go all the way and implement them.
While it would be a fun project, part of the reason that we made the patch list was to promote variety at the highest skill level. Most of us here don't play at that level which means tiers don't apply to us so people at this skill level can play whatever. The players who can push the limit of this patch are the top players and if they don't play it competitively then the patch is moot. A lot of the changes are geared towards high level play like the Mag Blast nerf.

Ghazi

Someone should've told me that Onion can play the entire cast! GGs yo, that was surprisingly fun, I didn't feel down at all the whole time playing that, which I usually do. I need to start studying again though.

I may or may not have the most unbeatable s.L (rapid-fire) MODOK of all time, though!

onionfrog

Good Games Ghazi!
Those Random All matches were hilarious!
Dat MODOK! ;)

Someone should've told me that Onion can play the entire cast! GGs yo, that was surprisingly fun, I didn't feel down at all the whole time playing that, which I usually do. I need to start studying again though.
Hahaha thanks Ghazi. Random Alls are always fun because you never know what sort of wacky shit will happen. Nemesis anchors, Hsienko, YOLO Modoks, you don't see this sort of stuff in regular matches!!!

Some of the weirdest shit was with nemesis tonight:
-Landing dat level 3.
-XF cancelling nemesis' rocket super-> dashing up and catching you with the command grab lol.

I've been playing this game for too long. Its been almost 3 years if you're counting from vanilla's release. I can play most of the cast at a low/medium level.
Playing against SlasherMcGirk so much taught me the basics of PW.

I may or may not have the most unbeatable s.L (rapid-fire) MODOK of all time, though!
Yo that shit was godlike! I didn't realize it was such a good antiair! I kept running into it

Ghazi

Good Games Ghazi!
Those Random All matches were hilarious!
Dat MODOK! ;)

Hahaha thanks Ghazi. Random Alls are always fun because you never know what sort of wacky shit will happen.

Some of the weirdest shit was with nemesis tonight:
-Landing dat level 3.
-XF cancelling nemesis' rocket super-> dashing up and catching you with the command grab lol.

I've been playing this game for too long. Its been almost 3 years if you're counting from vanilla's release. I can play most of the cast at a low/medium level.
Playing against SlasherMcGirk so much taught me the basics of PW.
I have never attempted playing anyone other Iron Man from who I got, I kept getting Haggar and Hawkeye too. We need to add a request for AIR OK Lariat in the non existant patch guys! I just mashed the whole time and it was great, awkwardly I had more success mashing than actually playing though, but I'm willing to chalk that up to it being hard as hell to deal with mashers because they're so random.

Yeah, I was confused by that Nemesis stuff as well, I nearly spit out my coke when that level 3 happened because I was sure I was safe.

Yo that shit was godlike! I didn't realize it was such a good antiair! I kept running into it

Too bad crouch attacking beats it haha, but man I was cracking up when that happened.

Zissou

koryu Haggar- press S+attk to lariat midair; while spinning, Haggar floats down slowly and his trajectory can be controlled like Storm's float

Ghazi

I'd also like to request a crouching Lariat, considering how many times I got punished, Haggar spins so fast he digs into the ground and continues spinning at crouch level.

Zissou

Press S+attk+down: Haggar lariats, quickly
drilling completely underground and then emerges in a different location depending on which attack button was used- L puts Haggar on the left side of the screen, M in the center, and H on the right.

Ghazi

Capcom Cup 2014, I can see the glorious reveal. The trailer starts with Vergil showing off his new full screen Level 6 super that's unblockable and does 950k damage, then cuts to a quick scene between Nemesis and Haggar where Haggar does the underground Lariat, Nemesis does his level 3 while Haggar is recovering and then slips on the banana that Haggar throws onto the floor with him when emerging from the ground. Zero gets Spiral Swords. Hsien-Ko is nerfed and no longer can use X-Factor.

Goddamn, everybody loves Capcom.

Top Bottom