• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Triad adds playable Lo Wang

FYC

Banned
YOU'VE GOT THE TOUCH

YOU'VE GOT THE PPOOOWWWEEEEERRRRRRRR!

1QTSpx7.jpg

wa3hZXr.jpg

Oh, and 5 user made maps have been added too.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Shadow Warrior starts a bit weak due to equipment and power limitations, but quickly picks up and becomes really, really fun. Liked it a lot more than what I've played of Rise of the Triad.

epmode

GAF, I love Shadow Warrior. You should stop ignoring it.

Shadow Warrior starts a bit weak due to equipment and power limitations, but quickly picks up and becomes really, really fun. Liked it a lot more than what I've played of Rise of the Triad.

Rise of the Triad would be a lot better if it wasn't for the endless enemy hitscan weapons.

low-G

Rise of the Triad turned out terribly. It feels so much like a low quality mod, the levels are full of seams and the gameplay is terrible. Hit detection on traps & enemies pea shooting you to death. Most disappointing game of the year to me.

I felt the need to warn unknowing people who may be tempted to pick it up.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Rise of the Triad would be a lot better if it wasn't for the endless enemy hitscan weapons.

Yep, that's it. Bit too tedious to play.

Shadow Warrior balances the projectile attacks, momentum, and blend of ranged and melee combat very well.

DaveOshry

Holy shit one of those maps is the Facility from GoldenEye.

_Rise_of_the_Triad_2013_Facility_BetaV5_135201828_thumbnail.jpg

Don't tell Rare. No really, I don't wanna get sued. But yes The Facility is in the game now:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/217140/discussions/5/648813728294542813/

E1M1 from DOOM and several Quake and Unreal maps have also been recreated.

BbQqIz0CQAAOJDQ.jpg

http://youtu.be/vaedba4Z9_I

http://steamcommunity.com/app/217140/discussions/5/630799905087125266/

Not to mention all the original community maps:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/217140/discussions/5/

Come join us for Saturday Night ROTT. We package up all the best community maps and put them in server rotation. Always a good time.

This Saturday is gonna be a WANG BANG for sure.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/217140/discussions/0/648811852225996946/

EatChildren

Lo Wang + Excalibat + Facility

A crossover I did not predict.

DocSeuss

I thought it was actually a good design choice to make the sword your best weapon early on. That said, the SMGs never really felt right in terms of power. Same with the flamethrower. Too weak, both of 'em.

KKRT00

I thought it was actually a good design choice to make the sword your best weapon early on.

But sword is the best weapon through the whole game :)

And in the last 10 minutes, its just pure madness :p

-------
Shadow Warrior is pure fun, everyone and their dog should get it.

Sdoots

Rise of the Triad turned out terribly. It feels so much like a low quality mod, the levels are full of seams and the gameplay is terrible. Hit detection on traps & enemies pea shooting you to death. Most disappointing game of the year to me.

I felt the need to warn unknowing people who may be tempted to pick it up.

Nah son, nah.

Yes, the enemies are hit scan, and there are traps, but it was exactly what I was looking for. Old school FPS, warts and all. The amount of free content they've put out over time for the game is great, though I wish some single player stuff would come as well eventually.

Just my opinions here, of course. I understand why you would feel the way you do about it, though "terribly" is a little harsh.

If there is one place they fucked up, it's waiting to do a "megapatch" to fix problems. They could have had a long lasting multiplayer community for this game, but instead of putting out quick fixes for stuff like the lack of map rotation, map playlists, and so on, they waited several months until they had several maps and such to include with those fixes. That's great, but there was about 7 people left to play those maps.

Decado

Shadow Warrior is probably my GoTY so far. Now that it has been out for a bit (yay patches), how did Rise of the Triad (single player) turn out?

BTW, anyone else think that the Shadow Warrior dev should make a new Duke Nukem FPS?

BTW, anyone else think that the Shadow Warrior dev should make a new Duke Nukem FPS?

Absolutely. This new Shadow Warrior is what Duke Nukem Forever should have been.

If Duke Nukem somehow gets picked up by the awesome folks who made Shadow Warrior, the Duke will be back!

I haven't tried out Rise of the Triad, but I think I am going to have to buy me a copy. Lo Wang is just icing on the cake.

DaveOshry

Absolutely. This new Shadow Warrior is what Duke Nukem Forever should have been.

If Duke Nukem somehow gets picked up by the awesome folks who made Shadow Warrior, the Duke will be back!

I haven't tried out Rise of the Triad, but I think I am going to have to buy me a copy. Lo Wang is just icing on the cake.

Muhuhuhahahahaaaaaaaaaa, I know things.

And please do try out ROTT, 66% off on Steam right now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/217140/ If you do be sure to come hang out on the Steam forums and in chat. We're a small but very active community.

Sdoots

Dave, will buying Gunnars make me better at ROTT?
This is important.

The Saturday Night ROTTs look like a lot of fun, I need to stop being shy and get in on that. Will for sure make a point to try to be there tommorow.

DaveOshry

Dave, will buying Gunnars make me better at ROTT?
This is important.

NO, but they WILL reduce your eye strain and increase your ability to focus without your eyes getting dry and/or going blink crazy. Plus the lenses will filter out the harsh blue light and slightly magnify what's on your screen so your eye muscles aren't flexing as much during gameplay.

Let me know if you want a discount code, breuh.

The Saturday Night ROTTs look like a lot of fun, I need to stop being shy and get in on that. Will for sure make a point to try to be there tommorow.

Be there! It's gonna be a WANG BANG.

No really, everyone is gonig to play as Lo Wang. One liner spam and GG for all.

scitek

Muhuhuhahahahaaaaaaaaaa, I know things.

And please do try out ROTT, 66% off on Steam right now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/217140/ If you do be sure to come hang out on the Steam forums and in chat. We're a small but very active community.

Man, don't do this to me.

Shadow Warrior's one of my favorite games of the year, which reminds me I need to put out a review of it next week. ROTT's MP's where it's at for me, so those maps above look awesome.

Top Bottom