• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo for Xbox One is Halo 5? *gasp*

akira28

I actually played through the entirety of Halo 2's campaign on Legendary until Tarter Sauce where I gave up :(

Watching speedruns really helped. Able to glitch through some of the maps.

I only play on Legendary because anything less is cheating yourself. Embrace the pain, the fear, the need to actually seek and cling to cover, or rush an enemy and bash his head in, or DIE.

talking like this makes me want to pull out Reach and strap on a pro-pipe.

(I had to quit for a month and come back before I could beat Tartarus. I had refused to look up any hints or tips, but I finally gave up. I can't remember how I beat him, I think I had to lure and kite him or something. But yeah that fucker was almost impossible on the hardest mode.)

We need large-scale battles.

That is what made Halo in singleplayer. Vehicles, and open-ended large-scale mayhem.

Some levels in Halo 3 are still among the greatest moments in any fps.

XB1 has the horsepower to bring that to the next level while keeping the shiny graphics.

And firefight needs to come back. So much wasted potential goddamnit.

Gui_PT

Problem is, if they remove all the crap Halo 4 has, people/reviewers will just complain they removed a ton of features. Even if that means the game is better for doing so.

Thinking they won't change much about the MP but at least improve the campaign a little bit.

That is what made Halo in singleplayer. Vehicles, and open-ended large-scale mayhem.

XB1 has the horsepower to bring that to the next level while keeping the shiny graphics.

I don't care how far 343 has it's head up it's ass with fiction crap, get some ODST firefight, not the same with spartans.

Problem is, if they remove all the crap Halo 4 has, people/reviewers will just complain they removed a ton of features. Even if that means the game is better for doing so.

Thinking they won't change much about the MP but at least improve the campaign a little bit.

343 choice then go for the review scores or go for an 150k + active user base for years to sell dlc map packs too. Dont think they will pull an Kz:SF where mappacks are free would be bonkers.

Or just make an excuse like we wanted to go back to basics and the 30 seconds of fun of dem olden halo. Differentiate from the call of duty or battle field and be our own thing again.

Ushae

Banned

This was pretty much my only gripe with Halo 4. It felt a lot like a corridor shooter as opposed to the open worldish nature of the other games. Something I am sure will be addressed in the next game.

Edit; ^ Firefight making a return would be much appreciated. I think the lackof a 5 in the announcement trailer makes me think they may drop the numbering and go with subtitles. Adding 5+ makes the franchise sound exhausted actually when I think about it. This could possibly suggest a reboot of sorts.

Hindle

Banned
Halo 4 was an ok start for 343. Now that they've got the confidence that comes with making and shipping thier own game. I'd say they'll be less likely to play it safe with future installments.

This game has had longer then two years in development IMO. They'd have started development concurrently with Halo 4. So mid 2011 I'd say the project was started and late next year will be the release. The usual 3 years basically.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
If they didn't go with the Halo 5 screen and instead went with just Halo why are we assuming it is 5? Maybe they decided to just call it Halo? Or it's an off chute or something.

TheOddOne

We've been complaining about loadouts and AAs since 2010 and they only build on top of them. Be ready for upgradable perks ala MW2/Black Ops.
AA's in Halo 4 is the last thing to complain about -- they barely matter. The perk system however is a huge problem, it just breaks everything.

If they didn't go with the Halo 5 screen and instead went with just Halo why are we assuming it is 5? Maybe they decided to just call it Halo? Or it's an off chute or something.

I have absolutely no clue.

Maybe they wanted to release the title later to build up hype?

That's the only thing i can think of.

*shrugs*

AA's in Halo 4 is the last thing to complain about -- they barely matter. The perk system however is a huge problem, it just breaks everything.

Agreed, there is nothing wrong with the concept of armor abilities, i'd be absolutely fine with them if they were on map pickups.

Halo 4 was an ok start for 343. Now that they've got the confidence that comes with making and shipping thier own game. I'd say they'll be less likely to play it safe with future installments.

This game has had longer then two years in development IMO. They'd have started development concurrently with Halo 4. So mid 2011 I'd say the project was started and late next year will be the release. The usual 3 years basically.

Play it safe? The didn't play it safe...

Q22RQh5.png

halo5

Raide

I really want to see 343i do something special with Halo 5. I am sure it will graphically look amazing and throw around some very pretty skyboxes but I expect to see some truly great gameplay additions. I enjoyed Halo 4...it was just not good enough to keep me hooked, especially the Forge side.

If Halo 4 was your idea of playing it safe, then Halo 5 will be quite the scary hot mess.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

We don't make games for reviewers. We make games for
CyReN

We don't make games for reviewers. We make games for
CyReN
Frank, is the post made by Xbox Australia is any legitimate confirmation that it's Halo 5?

B'cuz I have a feeling that it'll turnout to be another "Halo 3: Recon - Halo 3: ODST" kinda deal. Like a placeholder until the actual title reveal.

Top Bottom