• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic and all stars racing transformed is out on ios

Tablo

Sad how this is better than the 3DS version, which is a dedicated gaming handheld. My 2DS am cry :(

Everyone needs to own this game though, it is damn good.

DonMigs85

I guess Android will follow eventually.
How does it look/perform compared to Vita on say, an iPad mini retina?

VanWinkle

I guess Android will follow eventually.
How does it look/perform compared to Vita on say, an iPad mini retina?

The video must be from an iPhone 5 or 5s since it's widescreen, and it definitely looks somewhat close to the Vita version, but there's quite a bit downgraded, to be sure. Actually shows how specs don't matter much since the 5s is a good deal more powerful than the Vita but the Vita version looks a good bit better.

The video must be from an iPhone 5 or 5s since it's widescreen, and it definitely looks somewhat close to the Vita version, but there's quite a bit downgraded, to be sure. Actually shows how specs don't matter much since the 5s is a good deal more powerful than the Vita but the Vita version looks a good bit better.

vita is capped to 30fps though, and if this is like most ios games, the framerate is unlocked so I'm betting quite high on a7 devices. So you pick your poison ;)

Actually not really a pick when its free on vita atm with + lol

There is controller support, there are videos of people playing it with the shitty moga controller lol.

HUELEN10

Wow, never thought I would triple dip for a racer! Here's hoping it's a good port and runs well on an iPhone 5.
6TgWG6x.png

The wait is killing me though.

DonMigs85

The iPhone and especially the retina iPads do have to drive a much higher resolution though, plus the Vita has less OS overhead to worry about

sibarraz

Banned
is this even playable without controller?
I hace yet to be used but imo the game si perfectably controlable with the touchscreen
The iap from the moment is fine but I guess that later William be annoying but Well for 5 dóllars is finé considering that at least there is the option to pay 10 more and unlock all the levels forever. I trust in my abilities in this game so i will see how far could I go without paying

VanWinkle

The iPhone and especially the retina iPads do have to drive a much higher resolution though, plus the Vita has less OS overhead to worry about

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It doesn't matter what the spec difference is between the two when the end result show the Vita having better looking games.

But anywho, that's off topic, and chickdigger does make an interesting point that the game might run at a higher framerate on the newer iOS devices than the Vita version. I personally hate that highly fluctuating framerate of a lot of 3D iOS games, but still.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Not much higher in case of iPhone (1136x640 on iPhone, 960x544 on Vita) but definitely much higher in case of iPad. I actually noticed that some games run smoother on my iPhone 5 (not 5s) compared to the very latest iPad Air, probably because of this. Games in question: Real Racing 3 and Limbo. Limbo is 60FPS on iPhone 5 and unstable 30FPS on latest iPad.

HUELEN10

If that's what I think it is, I'm not interested anymore.
I'd take more shots, but I've deleted it; currently pending refund too. To those that hate/don't use facebook. this version at the very least prompts you for it on each boot-up. Kinda annoying in my book.

Majine

Banned
Ugh, 1 gb is alot. Apple needs to make 32GB the new low tier if games are getting this big.

Does look great tho.

The sad thing is that, according to the video in the OP and my experience with the demo of the Vita version, it looks like the IOS version is much better. The Vita version looks horrible and runs like shit, this IOS version seems to look better and to run smoother...

Sajjaja

The sad thing is that, according to the video in the OP and my experience with the demo of the Vita version, it looks like the IOS version is much better. The Vita version looks horrible and runs like shit, this IOS version seems to look better and to run smoother...

image.php

holy crap that looks horrible

if you're going to play this game then you can pay the same price for the delicious PC version @_@

HUELEN10

I think I know why I feel conflicted. It's because I bought Sonic Dash on day one, and thought it was great. It had in-app purchases, but they were completely optional. Now, it's free and laden with ads, ads, and more ads! Thank god the same didn't happen to Sonic Jump. I mean, with all the IAP stuff on it at launch, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it went the Sonic Dash route after a few months.

Hanmik

People look at me funny if I whip my PC out on the bus.

I guess PC is short for Penis Calendar then...

I have the Vita version from the EU plus thing.. good enough for me.. and I only have an original iPad 1, so I don´t think it can run this game..

:lol, that video in the OP looks worse than the vita version graphically.

aznpxdd

Wait, this shit is pay to play? What the fuck SEGA.

Love this game on PC, but simply don't have enough time to play it. So which one of these is the lesser evil, Vita version or iOS (Air)? Vita version looks pretty shit compared to PC, wondering how this looks...

lord pie

The final version runs quite a lot better than the vita demo. The timetrial in the demo has some really awful slowdowns which are absent in the final game.
And the graphics are noticeably pared down in that video. Per-vertex lighting is the biggie, which is pretty common on a lot mobile games. The sonic stage in that video has practically no lighting.
Lots of other changes too. The amount of background detail and general poly counts look a lot lower - not that the game was a showcase for vita as it is.

Top Bottom