• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

EDarkness

Http://www.callofduty.com/content/dam/atvi/callofduty/advanced/common/sprite.png

Wii U logo asset stashed away on their site.

Reported on gonintendo.

To see for yourself, go to the preorder page in Chrome, right click one of the social media icons, and choose "inspect element". The left pane shows references to the image in the HTML, and the right pane has a link to the image.

I would not be surprised if there was a Wii U version coming. Activision seems to do this all the time with Nintendo versions of the Call of Duty games.

prag16

Banned
And then probably wonder why they don't get sales. Maybe its at Nintendo's request?
The ports are done by a small team at Treyarch which likely has this down to a science at this point. It should be relatively cheap and low risk, and probably sells enough to make a small profit.

And maybe Activision actually looks ahead in the grand scheme of things farther than just a single console generation. What a novel idea.

Yagami_Sama

I still have my doubts if this new CoD will be released for Wii U or not. But while there are games announced for PS360, Wii U has a chance.

I need to check how much BOP2 and Ghosts sold on Wii U, I am curious about that.

prag16

Banned
I still have my doubts if this new CoD will be released for Wii U or not. But while there are games announced for PS360, Wii U has a chance.

I wonder how many PS4boneU multiplats we'll have when it's all said and done. I imagine there could still be a few licensed games and LEGO games once PS360 support is cut off.

But in terms of "hardcore" or "AAA" games...

1. Project CARS
2. ...

jmizzal

Not sure where to ask this, but what is the best place (bricks and mortar) to pre-order Mario Kart 8? Can't wait to play that game, by the way!

CoD Wii/U is like an unpopular club with insufficient headcount, trying to get official club status.

What I don't understand is why they don't simply put the logo up and say "it's coming to Wii U" ?

I heard last year that it was Nintendo's own doing that Ghosts wasn't announced officially until 2 months after everyone else. Why do they always do that with COD?

prag16

Banned
What I don't understand is why they don't simply put the logo up and say "it's coming to Wii U" ?

I heard last year that it was Nintendo's own doing that Ghosts wasn't announced officially until 2 months after everyone else. Why do they always do that with COD?
Was there a verified source of that or was it a rumor? Nintendo HAS to know it's to their detriment if that's the case... right? -_-

The ports are done by a small team at Treyarch which likely has this down to a science at this point. It should be relatively cheap and low risk, and probably sells enough to make a small profit.

And maybe Activision actually looks ahead in the grand scheme of things farther than just a single console generation. What a novel idea.

Then why not announce its release date with the others if its such in easy and guaranteed process?

Then why not announce its release date with the others if its such in easy and guaranteed process?

it was speculated a lot last year with ghost which was announced silently in september or october last year. i think many people said its because MS or Sony pay extra for their platforms being exposed pre-release.

not saying it will happen again. maybe this years CoD will not launch.

it was speculated a lot last year with ghost which was announced silently in september or october last year. i think many people said its because MS or Sony pay extra for their platforms being exposed pre-release.

not saying it will happen again. maybe this years CoD will not launch.

this is messed up but it sounds about right MS getting released a month ahead of everyone and all, what would the publisher do to the company that is not paying nothing at all

Effect

Didn't want to make a completely new thread for this but a small question. I haven't accessed Twitch on my Wii U in a while. Can the Wii U browser still not use the chat features or has that changed?

I ask because the chat interface on Twitch was updated a little while ago. Was curious if that changed how the Wii U browser interacted with it.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I posted this also in the E3 thread, but I think it is relevant also here.

So we know that there are at list 2 unseen Wii U games to be shown: the Gamepad enforcer and the Money milker (NFC), both to be release this year. X and Bayo 2 are also stated for 2014. That means at list 5 games (including SSB) post E3 until year's end.

Gambit

So we know that there are at list 2 unseen Wii U games to be shown: the Gamepad enforcer and the Money milker (NFC), both to be release this year. X and Bayo 2 are also stated for 2014. That means at list 5 games (including SSB) post E3 until year's end.

I think those should be the names.

prag16

Banned

I wonder how back-loaded those are going to be in calendar 2014.

Sounds like Bayo2 and Hyrule Warriors will bridge the gap between Kart and Smash in Japan, but in the west, those games are just "2014". Having another void of nothingness from May 30th to say September would be ill advised..

69wpm

I wonder how back-loaded those are going to be in calendar 2014.

Sounds like Bayo2 and Hyrule Warriors will bridge the gap between Kart and Smash in Japan, but in the west, those games are just "2014". Having another void of nothingness from May 30th to say September would be ill advised..

My guess is that Nintendo wants to announce the release dates at E3 so those games get as much exposure in the west as possible. Hyrule Warriors might not need much exposure in Japan, it's a Musou game after all, but in the west it needs some explaining.

tebunker

Banned
It seems like we will be in much the same situation as last year where we will probably see a game a month post E3.

Hyrule Warriors
Bayo 2
X
Smash end of year
We know NFC cash grab is slated for year end sales season, so Christmas.
Gamepad enforcer should be there too

So one or two other games unless we are going to have a huge gap second half

Then we still see yoshi and smt v fe too so some stuff will get moved around.

This could be interesting. I don't need a lot of games but I would be ecstatic to see some consistency month to month. Even if they want to stretch nine to ten games out to like March I would be okay.

It is clear that Zelda is next year though but I am not sold it is end of year next year. I think it will be out prior to end of fiscal year.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The newest Watch_Dogs trailer mentions the Wii U version launching in 2014. Yesterday presentation from Nintendo had it on one slide. I think it is safe to assume that it will surely come on Wii U.

jmizzal

The newest Watch_Dogs trailer mentions the Wii U version launching in 2014. Yesterday presentation from Nintendo had it on one slide. I think it is safe to assume that it will surely come on Wii U.

It was safe for me when they didnt cancel it back in Feb during Ubisoft earnings meeting, but a lot people didnt believe them

prag16

Banned
It was safe for me when they didnt cancel it back in Feb during Ubisoft earnings meeting, but a lot people didnt believe them

This. Definitely baffled me how sure so many people were that it would never see release.

Unfortunately I've lost pretty much all interest I ever had in the game by now, regardless of platform. :(

Ooccoo

I can't wait to see Zelda. I really hope hope hope they fixed the annoying design elements from the past (i.e. chests with ruppees) and that it's more like the 3DS ALTTF

Mithos

This. Definitely baffled me how sure so many people were that it would never see release.

Unfortunately I've lost pretty much all interest I ever had in the game by now, regardless of platform. :(

It's all on Ubisoft now whether or not I get the game, release it 5month late at €60 no DLC support and I skip it, if its €30 and DLC support then it depends on the performance of the actual Wii U port if I get it (it better play MINIMUM as well as the PS3/360 versions, fps and looks).

Disguises

Http://www.callofduty.com/content/dam/atvi/callofduty/advanced/common/sprite.png

Wii U logo asset stashed away on their site.

Reported on gonintendo.

To see for yourself, go to the preorder page in Chrome, right click one of the social media icons, and choose "inspect element". The left pane shows references to the image in the HTML, and the right pane has a link to the image.
Yay. The cycle of Nintendo version of Call of Duty begins again :D.
It's so sad

Didn't want to make a completely new thread for this but a small question. I haven't accessed Twitch on my Wii U in a while. Can the Wii U browser still not use the chat features or has that changed?

I ask because the chat interface on Twitch was updated a little while ago. Was curious if that changed how the Wii U browser interacted with it.
Not by default it seems. I changed my 'user agent' in the settings menu to Google Chrome and it works great.

Edit: Oh, the chat function...nope.

I can't wait to see Zelda. I really hope hope hope they fixed the annoying design elements from the past (i.e. chests with ruppees) and that it's more like the 3DS ALTTF

I have this bad feeling it's gonna get pushed to the next Nintendo console at worst, and a Twilight Princess scenario (Wii U/Wii 3) at best. I want to be wrong, but damn at those Wii U sales. Is it worth it to even release this game if it'll only get like 1 million sales?

Riki

I have this bad feeling it's gonna get pushed to the next Nintendo console at worst, and a Twilight Princess scenario (Wii U/Wii 3) at best. I want to be wrong, but damn at those Wii U sales. Is it worth it to even release this game if it'll only get like 1 million sales?

You're already wrong. Unless you're expecting them to show it off in a month then delay it for nearly three years (giving it a massive 6! year development cycle).

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
One could say that keeping your customer base happy is kind of worth it.

Sendou

I think Zelda U is actually one of those games that will really utilize GamePad. There certainly is a lot of potential.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

It's listed on the investor material at page 6:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/140508e.pdf

It will be at this E3. They again stated they will not launch a new console until they will support properly the Wii U. Come on, this is getting absurd.

You're already wrong. Unless you're expecting them to show it off in a month then delay it for nearly three years (giving it a massive 6! year development cycle).

I wouldn't be too surprised honestly. They have a history of huge delays in the past, Twilight Princess being a perfect example. And that was for a console that was selling roughly double the rate Wii U is selling at.

One could say that keeping your customer base happy is kind of worth it.

I agree, and really want them to put it out on Wii U, and be a fantastic game. I'm just wondering if it's really worth it for them in the grand scheme of things, financially. Considering the amount of Nintendo fans who don't even want a Wii U seem to outweigh the number of Nintendo fans who own/want a Wii U.

Riki

I wouldn't be too surprised honestly. They have a history of huge delays in the past, Twilight Princess being a perfect example. And that was for a console that was selling roughly double the rate Wii U is selling at.

I agree, and really want them to put it out on Wii U, and be a fantastic game. I'm just wondering if it's really worth it for them in the grand scheme of things. Considering the amount of Nintendo fans who don't even want a Wii U seem to outweigh the number of Nintendo fans who own/want a Wii U.

They have never delayed a Zelda game that far. TP was a delay of roughly a year. This would be a massive delay that would only serve to completely alienate a large portion of their fanbase.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I wouldn't be too surprised honestly. They have a history of huge delays in the past, Twilight Princess being a perfect example.

Twilight Princess was the third Zelda game on Gamecube. I wouldn't mind that the third Zelda game on Wii U to be cross gen with the next console.

tebunker

Banned
I think some people just say stuff like this to prevent themselves from being disappointed if something does come up.

Personally, the best way to never be disappointed is to always temper or not have any expectations. Things are always more enjoyable this way.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Not counting WWHD or Hyrule Warriors (because why would you), what are the other Zelda games on the Wii U?

That's the point I was making. He was talking about how Nintendo moved TP to the next console, and I said I wouldn't mind to be in the situation of Gamecube, to get first two Zelda games on Wii U and the third to be moved also to the next console.

Effect

I wish it was possible have the internet browser open while playing. Especially when it comes to games where the gamepad isn't necessary. Would be nice to be able to browse gaf or other forums or listen to streams while I play single player games.

Deus Ex Human Revolution: Director's Cut - Nintendo Wii U 21.99
I jumped on this, I didnt have the money back in Dec when Newegg had it for that price

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DJ42BUQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Very good deal.

Been considering finally caving on this. Been wanting to wait for it to drop to a price close to this since I already have it on the PC.

jmizzal

Very good deal.

Been considering finally caving on this. Been wanting to wait for it to drop to a price close to this since I already have it on the PC.

Yea I have it on PC too, I got it for 17.99 2 years ago so no way was I gonna pay full price for it on WiiU, that price for the upgrade is much better

jholmes

Not sure how the PC port turned out (I hear it was really buggy at launch) but the Wii U port is a clinic on how to make use of the hardware, and a great game too. Everyone should hop on Deus Ex at $21.

Laieon

I only have Wind Waker HD, Monster Hunter 3 (Which I've put pretty much no time into), and Ducktales Remastered, decided I needed some more games to justify my purchase. I was surprised at how cheap some games were on Amazon.

Ordered Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Not a huge fan of fighting games, but I was willing to give it a shot) and Call of Duty Black Ops 2 ($10 on Amazon seemed more than fair, especially since I'm only really interested in the campaign, hopefully I'm not missing too many references to BO1, because the last CoD game I played was MW2).

Thinking of ordering Assassin's Creed 4 come my next payday (The only other game in the series I've played is 3, and I actually really enjoyed it), and I have Mario Kart 8 coming at the end of the month, probably going to get Pikmin 3 for my free game.

I still need to track down a copy of Nintendoland as well, only because Mario Chase or whatever that mini game is called is incredibly addicting.

Top Bottom