• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark Cerny suggests Knack 2 could happen

Rosur

Me too. I'd like it to be less linear and more open world. It would be cool if there weren't as many points where you need to be a certain size. I'd like it to be more dynamic and able to pull elements from the environment. Knack was probably 5 hours too long but I definitely had fun with it.

Yea an open world knack would be cool.

The idea of being comprised of tiny bits has a ton of potential for platforming. Break down into parts to have a ball complete a maze, use part of your mass to trip weight sensors, etc. Felt like Knack only scratched the surface there.

Seriously. The game looked like the perfect fit for a platformer with the concept of Knack's ability to gain and shed mass. And I mean it's not like there are a great number of 3D platformers to compete against. It would find a great niche to carve out.

mujun

As if the 1000 combat arenas from the first game weren't enough!

Make up ten new enemy types and you've got enough combinations for another 1000 arenas!

But why though?

Honestly, I don't think any of the characters or story elements were endearing enough to be worth keeping. Start over, make something better.

Yes! But make it full 3D with camera controls like a 3D Mario game please. I think that would help perception a lot.

For the record I really liked Knack, it's also a great co-op game with someone who's not as experienced.

Knack was one the most challenging games ive played in a long long time. I do not get why it got so much hate. If you like a challenge and not some squishy easy game, then this is a great choice.

But why though?

Honestly, I don't think any of the characters or story elements were endearing enough to be worth keeping. Start over, make something better.
You don't think Knack was a cute little guy?

kqz1pzs.gif

I agree about the supporting cast though, they could lose them altogether.

Why not? Probably sold a million. Just make it a budget title and improve on the first game.

Am I a bad person for liking Knack more than Killzone: Shadow Fall and Ryse?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Why not? Probably sold a million. Just make it a budget title and improve on the first game.

Am I a bad person for liking Knack more than Killzone: Shadow Fall and Ryse?

Not really - Knack is a more solid game than the Shadow Fall campaign at the very least.

Knack's the definition of an idea only half baked. I liked it, there's potential there. It deserves one shot at least, to be expanded greatly. People are too cynical about flawed games with potential. Look at all the people asking for modern 3D platformers because nobody's making them. There could be an audience there.

Knack is a lot of fun, and I'm not sure why people seem to hate it so much. Graphics were nice, combat was old-school fun, and the story was silly but enjoyable. Worst thing about it was the unforgiving checkpoint system.

That being said, I doubt I'd pay full price for a sequel. As a budget title though I'd be all over it.

Fred-87

All of you who say 'why?' did you actually played it or just watched some youtube lets plays or such? Its an awsome game and im happy if it gets a sequel!!

You Say Sunset Overdrive "Don't worry you!"
Instead you offer Knaaaack 2.
But Knack 1, sucked before.
So what made you think we wanted more?

Maybe like Killzone, Knack 2 will be turn out to be really good?

Hard as fuck. Shit checkpoints. Fucking random parts and Diamonds.

I'd buy a new one. It's the only game me and my girlfriend played together at launch and she genuinely enjoyed it enough to beat it herself. I even beat it twice. Fix that stuff Cerny God and we're all in.

RE_Player

I wonder if any of the people complaining actually played Knack.

I found Knack to be fun for what it was and even if it wasn't your cup of tea it was in no way offensive.

I'm in. Had a lot of fun with Knack as a straight up brawler, but there were stubs of systems in place that really could have made the game a lot more varied and interesting. Lets see some actual platforming, some more free form play with different materials, less linearity when it comes to Knack's size, and an option to retain the unforgiving checkpoints/difficulty of the first game, since I'm sure that'll be one of the first things changed.

Why are people distraught over the idea of a Knack sequel while people were also distraught over the cancellation of a Ryse sequel. Both games were mediocre but not god awful and had pretty much the same level of gameplay depth. I actually preferred Knack because at least at the higher difficulties it introduced a decent level of skill needed to play.

I'd assume most people complaining either A) Didn't play the game and are just going off of their assumption that it was terrible or B) Played the game at a lower difficulty which was only meant to played by literally 4 year olds.

jwk94

Hard as fuck. Shit checkpoints. Fucking random parts and Diamonds.

I'd buy a new one. It's the only game me and my girlfriend played together at launch and she genuinely enjoyed it enough to beat it herself. I even beat it twice. Fix that stuff Cerny God and we're all in.
It being hard was half the fun.

Make it a 2D platformer, it has so much potential for that, then I would be very interested.

However, as a father of two, I enjoyed Knack. It was a lot of fun to play with my kids.

rav

I'd buy it and play it!
One request: No pre-rendered cut-scenes!

I replayed it a few times, but didn't platinum it, no local friends played it (and very few have ps4s still) and I could never collect all of the gadgets. (all but one piece I think.)

mattp

Knack should be a nice Ps Plus game. Could be the first boxed titled to go the way of plus.

i really wish people would stop saying this
don't give sony any wrong ideas
if you people wanna play knack just fucking buy it, don't ruin it for the rest of us who would rather our ps plus money go towards actual good games

Top Bottom