• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

GavinUK86

From the 1080p youtube version (still not great but whatever)
FdC7ffP.jpg

2Cz1wjN.jpg

WwYyylC.jpg

FE2n94Q.jpg

CXe6YV5.jpg

4hEMDvz.jpg
I left out the ultra spoilerish ones.

Into

Even if it is different scenes, Ellie and her clothes look more detailed and defined, you see some snow on her head, the clothes no longer look like sculptured model and then painted on

You know, to be honest, i would have been fine if this was literally just a 1080p 60fps remaster. The fact it's a bit more than that is a bonus, for me. Better IQ and smoother framerate is just what this game needed. Same goes for GTAV.

antitrop

GTA V will benefit from the Remaster even more than this game will.

GTA V was a game where you could literally see the LOD line on the ground as you were driving. Not to mention the 18-30fps framerate.

antitrop

What's an LOD line?
Level of Detail. Objects closer to the player are rendered with greater levels of detail and are swapped out according to distance. In GTA V you could see a horizontal line on the ground when you were driving where the LOD was changing. Pretty immersion breaking.

That's just one among millions of reasons why GTA V needed a Remaster.

-griffy-

Banned
GTA V will benefit from the Remaster even more than this game will.

GTA V was a game where you could literally see the LOD line on the ground as you were driving. Not to mention the 18-30fps framerate.

Not to mention when the LOD just didn't give a fuck and whole signs/trash cans/buildings would pop into existence one foot in front of you.

Level of Detail. Objects closer to the player are rendered with greater levels of detail and are swapped out according to distance. In GTA V you could see a horizontal line on the ground when you were driving where the LOD was changing. Pretty immersion breaking.

I noticed it on BF4 for PS4, too. NFS Rivals, also.

Both EA games, heh. Not surprised.

Agreed, bring on the GTA V remaster! Blazing across the city/countryside is going to be so much more enjoyable with a steady framerate.

Mahonay

Banned
I noticed it on BF4 for PS4, too. NFS Rivals, also.

Both EA games, heh. Not surprised.

I play a lot of BF4 on PS4 and there is most definitely a clear line of detail popping into existence in front of you. It was really unoptimized for next gen consoles. Not surprising, considering how the game was rushed. Sure it runs at 60 FPS (which is prone to dropping when there's a lot of action on screen), but everything just has a really blurry look to it. As whole it's not a sharp looking game (at least in multiplayer). I have trouble tracking what's going on screen due to it.

Gbraga

It's July 30? For some reason I was sure it was the 24th.

Damn :(

EDIT: The OP says 29, I have no idea why I thought it was the 24th. Nevermind me.

Why? It's not as if the thread has done literally the exact same thing already, causing page upon page of commenting on an inaccurate comparison!

there is no reason to compare the pre-render scenes. the biggest and only change between ps3 & ps4 is the resolution and framerate. we should compare the gameplay bits, which they didn't show in extension yet.

RedAssedApe

Banned
they should just re-do the old ps3 trailers using the ps4 version.

don't understand why they needed to create new ones, especially with all the spoilery bits

GQman2121

Banned
Are dlc trophies required for platinum in PS4 version ?
Because if they are god help us all D:
Those trophies are fucking insane and really hurt MP gameplay bad I still can't belive that ND were so fucking stupid with those trophies ._.

For the record I got TLOU platinum and 100% in Left Behind but MP dlc trophies are too hard and just not fun.

I would assume only the two original multiplayer trophies will be required for the platinum.

I also didn't find the DLC trophies to be that hard. The new mode helped a lot. You just have to get your kills and then hope the game ends before someone can find you.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
These screen caps looks damn good, even from Youtube. Much sharper/cleaner in areas of fine detail. Going to look great at 60.

Top Bottom