• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] New PS4 UI leaked

53364516.jpg

Volkiller

Neo Member
yea these are most definitely fake most likly fan make or maybe a concept but i do think this is what sony is working on which os why there havent been many feature update of ps4 yet

SPDIF

It's funny how MS and Sony flipped regarding firmware updates. Sony was updating like crazy with the ps3 adding tons of features and I remember many complaining about "always doing a firmware update when I turn it on". Meanwhile MS seemed to have less but had these meatier almost quarterly updates.
This gen they almost swapped release strategies. Not entirely but closer than I was expecting at the start of this gen

Hardly. The vast majority of those updates were just "stability" updates. They didn't add anything significant, at least not from a UI perspective. That's why most people complained. It also used to take a ridiculous amount of time to update. Compared to both consoles that can update while in stand-by, it's a big difference.

KingJ2002

It looks nice.

Folders are welcome option but I like the new notification bar more.

One thing i would like to see is a redone playstation store & home screen.

the playstation store needs to feel native to the playstation experience instead of just a fullscreen web page.

and the homepage info feed can be redone so it doesn't seem so jarring. Make it a real news feed and allow other new sources to be integrated.

JLeack

Banned
I THINK IT'S REAL GAIZ.

All I really want is some level of customization, such as wallpapers. You know, the things the PS3 had.

It looks nice, though.

I'm so tired of the blue. Why can't we at least customize the colors? Sony is being so lazy.

They don't have to do **** and will still sell tens of millions of units. This is why the widespread Sony fanboyism isn't doing anyone any favors.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
The copyright stuff in the corner makes me believe it's a fan made concept. There's a good chance it's just some random designer playing around. Happens all the time for other products (windows, iOS, etc.) Either way it does seem nice I guess. Hopefully there's some sort of update coming along.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Never heard of the website and why the heck would Sony use Rayman as a game to show this off and not something more recent?
Sceptical but I hope its true.
Because Ubi and Sony are cool with each other and honestly if we're judging validity by something as arbitrary as titles listed, Transistor being there should be more than enough convincing. It and Sony are star-crossed lovers.
Looks slick, though I was working on a personal design project of redoing the PS4 UI and couldn't finish before Sony apparently..
I like how the folders look, tho it would have been interesting if they adopted something like my proposed Vertical Media Bar (VMB)
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3896/14685769480_6919cfaa53_o_d.png[/im][/QUOTE]
That is literally the XMB but vertical. You're not [i]proposing[/i] anything, that's just wanting the XMB back.

I despise fade out option columns but I can dig everything else.

Assuming this is real, poor Tidux must be kicking himself. UI leaks are his bread and butter.

Zoda

Neo Member
Unfortunately, it's fake..

On the first image (with Infamous: SS) you can see an "RP" ESRB logo KZ:SF in the folder icon. This is a rookie mistake not even Sony would make.

I mean I guess we can dream :(

ZangBa

This update looks way too good to be real. We're just gonna get more stability for the rest of the year and like it.

RedAssedApe

Banned
It's real.

All I really want is some level of customization, such as wallpapers. You know, the things the PS3 had.

It looks nice, though.

They don't have to do **** and will still sell tens of millions of units. This is why the widespread Sony fanboyism isn't doing anyone any favors.

What? You've seen it in action? Spill the beans.

Koyuga

It's real.

It looks nice, though.

Makes me actually kinda miss the XMB. Coming from PSP, PS3, and PSV, having custom themes and wallpapers seems like such a basic feature now that it feels silly that PS4 is lacking.

It's real.

It looks nice, though.

I want to believe but...

On the first image (with Infamous: SS) you can see an "RP" ESRB logo KZ:SF in the folder icon. This is a rookie mistake not even Sony would make.

ckohler

Good eye but faked by who? A fan or Sony? The early PS4 UI screenshots were faked by Sony also.

Top Bottom