• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

Random thoght, since Blackquill had a strong samurai motif going for him, but the next AA game takes place at the end of feudal Japan, do you think the prosecutor will be a similarly styled character? Or will he or she be more modern, being a representative of the Meiji period?

Groof

Got a 2DS for cheaps the other day and bought AA5 straight off the bat. Beat the first case yesterday and I'm so excited to keep on going!

It wasn't the best case, it felt really tutorially, but it had its moments. I'm just glad to be playing an AA game again.

The 3D sprites are also fantastic, was pleasantly surprised by how good they actually are. Just too bad the 2DS screen is so low res and washed out to do them any justice.

spiritfox

You know, AA4 might not be the best game around, but I wish it got included in the HD trilogy collection. All the other numbered games received multiple releases, but AA4 is still only playable on the DS. At least least make it DLC for the remasters, Capcom.

daydream

Banned
You know, AA4 might not be the best game around, but I wish it got included in the HD trilogy collection. All the other numbered games received multiple releases, but AA4 is still only playable on the DS. At least least make it DLC for the remasters, Capcom.

The neglected child always turns out to be the best one. :p

My PAX cosplay today :)!
WzBzIl4.jpg

Hey I just remembered the movie never came out in America did it? I thought they had plans. I know they showcased it in some theaters over here. Generally foreign movies do decently especially in the digital age with streaming services. I wonder why the never brought it over, if even as Netflix exclusive or whatever.

Nice job Blue Badger, I'm gonna go as Edgeworth for Ohio Comic Con myself.
Aww thank you!! Nice!! I actually found an edgeworth today and took a picture with him! <3
I genuinely love the hair, gotta make the most of what you've got!
Hahaha thank you so much!! I stupidly cut it short just over a week ago and i was panicking a bit! :p!

Nice job, Badger!
Thanks!! <3 a few people wanted pictures with me which was so cool! Pax has been awesome :)

Tenrius

Finished AA5! It was pretty good all in all, although not quite on par with the series' best. The only truly great case was the last one, the others played it a bit too safe for my liking. Still have the DLC case left, is it long?

cj_iwakura

Finished AA5! It was pretty good all in all, although not quite on par with the series' best. The only truly great case was the last one, the others played it a bit too safe for my liking. Still have the DLC case left, is it long?

Took me around ~6-7 hours. Fairly.

Tenrius

Took me around ~6-7 hours. Fairly.

Oh, that's pretty long. The main game took me 36 hours, so the DLC seems to be quite substantial.

By the way, I was never able tell how long the original AA games actually were. They always felt like ~10 hours long, but that probably wasn't true. Conversely, it felt like AAI dragged on FOREVER.

K-A-Deman

Did you guys see this? Apparently "Sherlock Holmes" and """Watson""" are major characters in The Great Ace Attorney.

http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30747

Makes me sick tbh, I hate the use of public domain characters in stuff unless the whole show's based around them, like Penny Dreadful. Gah.

What's so bad about Public Domain characters? Nothing wrong with some homages here and there, and it should be entertaining to see what they're going to do with Holmes and Little Lass Watson.

Yeah, they had said as much when the game was announced, and I believe they had also said the main series would continue on from AA5 as well. It's just like AAI.

Yep, every new Ace Attorney takes around 2 years to develop, the series has been bi-annual since 2007´s Apollo Justice and they have 2 teams working on the series.
I´m pretty sure Capcom wants to make the series annual from now on, with mainline or Investigations games in one year and DGS games the next....

....and I´m fine with that as long as they keep the quality high (and they bring them over to the west)

Layton vs. Phoenix is taking up my Destiny time.

And I love it. Just got to Chapter 3, and holy shit was that courtroom scene in Chapter 2 a clusterfuck but in a good way!

Groof

Layton vs. Phoenix is taking up my Destiny time.

And I love it. Just got to Chapter 3, and holy shit was that courtroom scene in Chapter 2 a clusterfuck but in a good way!
I've been trying to juggle aa5 and destiny. It's going soso... Heh. Just got to chapter 3 last night. Not sure what I think about chapter 2 though, could've been better. But from what I gather aa5 picks up later on?

In the middle of the court case of Chapter 4 in Layton/Wright...zomg
I've been trying to juggle aa5 and destiny. It's going soso... Heh. Just got to chapter 3 last night. Not sure what I think about chapter 2 though, could've been better. But from what I gather aa5 picks up later on?

Yes it does!

I loved Layton vs Wright so much. I got my copy of the game just before leaving for PAX last month, and I almost couldn't put it down while I was in the hotel. I'm eagerly awaiting any new game in the series that comes our way tbh :')

Indeed it does :) I didn't enjoy chapter 2 that much at first either. I've learned to really love it after playing it a couple times though (but also because Apollo is my favorite LOL). But it gets better from there :)

Groof

Great go hear that! I'm very excited to keep going, but I need to tear myself away from Destiny first...
Also I want to get the dlc episode. Is it any good?

The DLC episode is good. I love Orla. She's adorable.

As for the actual game, cases four and five are so awesome, I can't even put it into words. Case 5 especially. The twist....

Groof

The DLC episode is good. I love Orla. She's adorable.

As for the actual game, cases four and five are so awesome, I can't even put it into words. Case 5 especially. The twist....

This is giving me high expectations. Need to keep them in check.

Also need to hold Destiny off for a day or two to play more AA5.

Top Bottom