• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goddamn America, Trump is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johndoey

Banned
Trump is providing an important service in letting everyone know that the core of the Republican party is still intolerant whites with that deep well anger and an undeserved sense of superiority. Yearning for the false glory of the 1950's when everyone knew their "place", back when the U.S was still the conquering hero.

hokahey

The (legit) fear is that Hilary wins the domination, resulting in Bernie Sander supporters not voting for anyone. That could result in Trump possibly winning.

Nah. Do you not remember 2008? None of Hilarys supporters were going to vote for Obama either. This is every election cycle. "If my person doesn't get the nom I just won't vote."

PatzCU

Pussy Riot On Trump: We Laughed When Vladimir Putin Rose To Power, Too

This isn't just a joke, it's becoming frightening reality.

Yea, I'm definitely not laughing anymore. I'm legitimately concerned about the upcoming election and the future of this country. Even if Trump loses (he most likely will), how the hell did he get so far in the first place? I'm hoping this is going to be a blowout election in Clinton's court and we can chalk up all this Trump madness to a small selection of crazy white bigots in America that will actively participate in these primaries. Very scary how polarized our country is becoming and even more scary how we seem to be regressing instead of progressing as a society.

Vyer

He is the final form of what the GOP candidates and officials have been pushing for years.

Always just a little racist, a bit misogynist, a dash of elitism, little regard for research or facts, little bit crazy for attention, etc. They cultivated this in their 'base'.

It's one big Trump recipe. The dish is done.

To all of those saying he has NO shot... why? Why is that? I find it hard to believe when I know so many people supporting him.

abundant

To all of those saying he has NO shot... why? Why is that? I find it hard to believe when I know so many people supporting him.

The general believe is that he'll get a low minority support due to all the racist stuff he has said, and you can't win the general with low minority support.

M-PG71C

Because the entire populace doesn't vote in primaries and aneqdotal evidence is irrelevant.

Search "Today in Trump"

To a point, yes. But there are plenty of ways to suppress minority/youth voting which could lead to Trump actually winning. Voter ID is one good example. :/

I would not count this possibility out. I know I'll be voting.

Khaz

I believe he has a shot, especially as so many people say he has no shot. If too many people start believing that and get lazy on election day because "nah, he can't possibly be elected, his base is too small", he might very well be elected: his base is dedicated and will go to the voting booth while democrat voters stay home and laugh at silly Trump.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
'The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.'

This fucking guy

TomServo

From what I've observed in other threads, as a whole PoliGAF / LiberalGAF is young and doesn't understand the level of hatred that the conservative base has for the Clintons. A few people in another thread were convinced that it can't be anywhere near the venom directed towards Obama, and to that, I say "you ain't seen nothing yet."

If Clinton gets the nomination, I can see a highly energized base of Republican voters going with an anyone-but-Hillary mindset. They'll turn out and vote for anyone. Trump would be a real threat here.

Soriku

He's gonna sit this one out.

Thinking about it Trump might be like a real life Pariston.

rZjGCfu.jpg

Herne

Luckily I don't live in America so all of the horrors he would inflict on the country might be entertaining from afar.

I live in a far enough away country also, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't watch in horror at the damage he might do if he actually made it to the White House. It's amazing, this thing they call compassion.

Lmao, not even remotely. He's polling super high with minorities.

Here’s what I found:

– In a poll of registered Latino voters in battleground states, only 15 percent expressed support for Donald Trump.

– In August, although Donald Trump claimed to have the support of a majority of African-Americans, a Quinnipiac poll found that only 8 percent of African-American respondents indicated that Donald Trump cared about their concerns, and that only 3 percent of African-American respondents would vote for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton. A November Public Policy Polling survey found that Donald Trump had just a 9 percent favorability rating among African-Americans.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

http://irregulartimes.com/2015/12/31/fact-check-does-donald-trump-have-strong-minority-support/

.... I don't think you follow the news at all?

abundant

From what I've observed in other threads, as a whole PoliGAF / LiberalGAF is young and doesn't understand the level of hatred that the conservative base has for the Clintons. A few people in another thread were convinced that it can't be anywhere near the venom directed towards Obama, and to that, I say "you ain't seen nothing yet."

If Clinton gets the nomination, I can see a highly energized base of Republican voters going with an anyone-but-Hillary mindset. They'll turn out and vote for anyone. Trump would be a real threat here.

The same could be said about Trump.

The Wall

Banned
is it really a bad movie idea if fucking everybody is watching

That's the Catch-22. He went after the one marathon show that gets everyone watching when it comes up. It's like the verbal mental gymnastic Olympics, and the fact that he's gotten as far as he has shows a lot about where the nation's minds and priorities are at, unfortunately.

It's a joke we've all been listening to for too long. And some people are starting to fall for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom