• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of Gods and Men [Mafia] | Ambrosia In Front Of Me

What will you pray for feng?

For guidance. For answers to our confusion. For those weeds in between the stone walkway to my front door to stop goddamned growing.

Is this your way of asking us if we have accepted Komena as our lord and savior?

That and some company. That walk at night is scary yo with this news!

Absolutely no one role claim on day 1. It hurts town more than it helps.

Heed the Ethereal Three Eyed Sloth's words!

Also, I do believe we have four scum and that would include Peripseros. To me, he's like a Godfather in steroids.

I am inclined to believe that we have neutrals, perhaps even one and that their win condition is to slay both gods.

Likewise, I think both gods can target each other and subsequently kill one another.

Therefore, our god Komena should not role claim for any reason. I strongly believe in this if the other two points are real.

This Three Eyed Sloth will draw strength from its abilities to protect our god and bless our town team.

tumblr_n2rocvuL1r1r9uuuso1_500.jpg

Blessed be the way of the Sloth, blessed be those who follow the way of the Sloth~

wait is role claim the same as role playing? Shit. Apologies if I funked the flow, its my first game and im getting used to whole shebang! ALL THESE NEW TERMS

Kevyt

Those goons...

Heretics

Yeah Peripseros. Do you know anything about him/her/it?

It's a god, well claims to be. Clearly, not on the same level as Komena. I'm gonna go ahead and say Peripseros has like self-esteem issues and an inferiority complex. I mean Peripseros loves decay and despair. Clearly something such thing is not the best for civilization. But that's okay, one only wishes Peripseros' minions would give in and worship our beloved Komena. Yet, they don't.

Heretics.

Also, Peripseros has in some way to reveal to its followers, so I am sure that the god deity peripteros is among the rest of scum, being a four person team. I just have this strong suspicion. It wouldn't make sense if Peripostos was neutral and so was Komena. It just doesn't make sense at all to me. Going by the red letters, I do think that both gods can target and kill one another, and perhaps our own god-slayer. Though I am just speculating, but it seems highly possible.

Gorlak

Banned
fengshuifever
You want guidance and company? Do you feel like nobody understands you and your needs? Are you lost?

For guidance. For answers to our confusion. For those weeds in between the stone walkway to my front door to stop goddamned growing.

wait is role claim the same as role playing? Shit. Apologies if I funked the flow, its my first game and im getting used to whole shebang! ALL THESE NEW TERMS
Role claim: Claiming whatever role you recieved via pm
Role playing: Acting like someone for your own personal amusement

Kevyt

God-slayer like role being a neutral whose win condition is to kill both gods.

Otherwise, if both gods are killable, but cannot be lynched or night killed, then how do they do die?

I think I can hypothesize that the answer lies on a vigilante like role that can target the gods, and the gods going at it.

*Splinter

Role claim is where you claim that Flush/Ynnny gave you a certain role in the game (like ordinary or Peripseros or whatever). Role playing is just playing a character for fun.

Seath's post could just be fluffy role playing and not mean anything - which is fine and something Seath is known to do. However it could also be hinting at some kind of doctor/protective role - that's less fine since he should be kind of hiding in that case... but is also something Seath could conceivably do.

If anyone else was soft claiming doctor at this point I'd be up on my soap box yelling at them for being an idiot. However we have a saying around here...

Seath gonna Seath...

fengshuifever
You want guidance and company? Do you feel like nobody understands you and your needs? Are you lost?

I feel unsure of myself after these startling revelations but I'm sure after some time at the temple, the way shall become clear.

Role claim: Claiming whatever role you recieved via pm
Role playing: Acting like someone for your own personal amusement

oh good! Im in the clear then...i think. I just thought this thread could be spiced up with some character posts

Non-sexually, like "going at it" as in battling it out in the ultimate god-battle.

Pervs...
Greek gods. More likely they're having sex with each other. Honestly, I find all the god speculation to be more or less baseless. All we know is that they are in the game and can't be removed from the game by normal means. We know the town win condition does not involve removing the god, but only the followers. This is why I think the scum god is a neutral and not part of the team. And if the scum god is neutral, I expect the town god is also. I've been holding back from posting even more flavor crap, but this also fits in with flavor of Greek gods. At any rate, I think this is all we really know.

Darryl tried to jump on people earlier who he thought seemed to know more about then than they let on. Does anyone agree with his assessments on anyone? If so, why?

Also, Seath, you're using the word heretic a lot. Any reason?

Kevyt

Nope. I didn't claim anything or soft claim anything. It's like role-playing but not really.

Here's a list of mafia terms that will help you out: nvm I can't find out a webite that has a list of mafia terms like vigilante, godfather, etc... I think the guys here will be nice enough to explain things as we go.

Also, if you're scum, consult with your fellow scum players.

You're a mafia virgin, and this is your first time! Be excited! I know it seems daunting, but just relax, take deep breaths, inhale and exhale, and think before posting. Or not
It's so much more fun that way! Trust me. ;)

Let me ask you again:

Are you a lost brother? Are you scum?

This is his first game...

*Splinter

I assume we won't get an answer but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Yn/Flush: Do we have to remove Peripseros to win the game? Our win condition (as in the sample) and the fact that Pepsi is in the game suggests not, but perhaps it is ambiguous?

Darryl tried to jump on people earlier who he thought seemed to know more about then than they let on. Does anyone agree with his assessments on anyone? If so, why?

Darryl jumped on people who he thought were being "fake" about their speculation, assuming that scum already know what's going on with the Gods. I don't think it's a completely useless topic to pursue, generally scum will have a better idea as to things than town, so it's likely that they might hang back or try to avoid giving away that they know more than they should.

Something at least worth revisiting in a few days when we have an idea as to how things actually work to compare with speculations. I'd also look at people who either haven't commented on the topic at all, or people who came in later and parroted earlier speculation.

Let me ask you again:

vote: fengshuifever

Are you a lost brother? Are you scum?

Ah, I understand the question better now.

I'm now and forever a lost brother under the eyes of Komena.

Do not worry, in time, the scum shall uncloak their true face through their actions.

May Komena have mercy upon their souls.

Edit : ah! Thanks Seath :D
I love RP'ing so this is all super exciting to me haha I'm sure my wild flailin will subside as we go on and I get used to all the terms haha

Do not worry, in time, the scum shall uncloak their true face through their actions.

I love RP'ing so this is all super exciting to me haha I'm sure my wild flailin will subside as we go on and I get used to all the terms haha

Also no editing!

Kevyt

Greek gods. More likely they're having sex with each other. Honestly, I find all the god speculation to be more or less baseless. All we know is that they are in the game and can't be removed from the game by normal means. We know the town win condition does not involve removing the god, but only the followers. This is why I think the scum god is a neutral and not part of the team. And if the scum god is neutral, I expect the town god is also. I've been holding back from posting even more flavor crap, but this also fits in with flavor of Greek gods. At any rate, I think this is all we really know.

It could be. I mean we're speculating. However that would mean that there's only three scum?

I'm thinking of something else though. This game's flavor is about two gods and their followers, I think it's very likely that scum team can recruit someone. That would mean they would be a 4 scum party. In a way "convert" a townie into a follower of Peripseros.

It makes sense, or at least somewhat plausible, since in the game's flavor, most of Peripseros' followers were converted. It fits with the flavor, and it would definetely mean that we're looking at a three scum team right now, with the possibilities of being a four person team later on.

I think this is very much possible if Komena and Peripseros are both neutral. It also fits with the Greek narrative that the Gods just trash talk one another and it's usually their followers who do their dirty work.

As far as heretic. It's the word I use which I think fits with the flavor. It's to refer to scum.

Oh hai Ocean. Three posts in and nothing said. Penny for your thoughts?

Oh hey Splint! I already said what I thought about the gods and I see that similar thoughts had been repeated as discussion for no apparent reason. But if you're wondering who I feel is suspicious, then look no further than yourself! I really don't care for your public asking of every single little game rule, including the win conditions, feels slightly disingenuous. You just seem extremely jittery (maybe you're excited to play idk). But other than that whether or not the god of decay needs to die or not is really not of great importance when the followers are still alive, not to mention the fact we are still in day 1.

HELLO

Please do not edit posts in game threads. It is not allowed.

Thank you.

Sophia

Right now I get the feeling that Darryl is being Darryl. No particular scum reads on him right now.

The person I find interesting right now is Seath. Seath's first post (#139) made a whole lot of assumptions about the game theme. Immediately requesting that nobody role claim, pushing the idea of the God being a Godfather, pushing the idea of a neutral and one that's a god slayer none the less. Whole lot of RP fluff too (#146, #148), not sure how to take it. He's a neutral card to me as this is our first game together. Then we see him push the idea (#152) that, and I quote, ""Also, Peripseros has in some way to reveal to its followers, so I am sure that the god deity peripteros is among the rest of scum", which is again a whole lot of assumptions. Lastly we see (#155) him push the God-slaying neutral concept.

I get the impression that Seath seems to know more than what is actually going on, and I don't like it one bit.

Sophia

Also, still think Zipped's first two posts were weird, and I took note of the fact that he didn't respond to my vote. But he gave some helpful analyst afterwords, so that's a null read for now.

Unvote

Swamped

Banned
Call me naive, but I get a Komena vibe from Feng. He seems so cute.

Gorlak, if I understand correctly, you believe that Darryl breadcrumbed by using the word 'Jesus' in his post. To me that's very tenuous - lots of people swear using Jesus, although admittedly one would expect Darryl to use the F-word. I initially thought you were simply being facetious, but it sounds like a viewpoint you have stuck with. FEP also saw it as a breadcrumb. And I think Splinter is agreeing?

I just really think you all are reaching with the whole breadcrumb business.

Seath's posts feel like very adamant speculation. I would expect scum to be more wary.

Looks like Dragonz hasn't checked in yet, I think she's the last one.

Sophia

Aside from Dragonz, Star has made one post in which she said nothing, and LP did the same but with an RNG vote thrown in.

I don't believe for a second his vote was actually RNG, but in the off-chance I'm wrong and that's hilarious
ly stupid
and see yukikolaughing.gif.

Well freakinchair hasn't said anything either but the day is barely 12 hours old. I'd be more concerned about the people who've checked in post-game start than pre-game.

Sophia

Picked an active target. That's all. Not really thinking about it too much, because there's almost no value in his post on it's own. Would like to see more from him before.

Erp, damn posting failure.

Would like to see more from him before I examine that post.

Kyanrute

Also, I do believe we have four scum and that would include Peripseros. To me, he's like a Godfather in steroids.

I am inclined to believe that we have neutrals, perhaps even one and that their win condition is to slay both gods.

Likewise, I think both gods can target each other and subsequently kill one another.

Also, Peripseros has in some way to reveal to its followers, so I am sure that the god deity peripteros is among the rest of scum, being a four person team. I just have this strong suspicion. It wouldn't make sense if Peripostos was neutral and so was Komena. It just doesn't make sense at all to me. Going by the red letters, I do think that both gods can target and kill one another, and perhaps our own god-slayer. Though I am just speculating, but it seems highly possible.

God-slayer like role being a neutral whose win condition is to kill both gods.

Otherwise, if both gods are killable, but cannot be lynched or night killed, then how do they do die?

I think I can hypothesize that the answer lies on a vigilante like role that can target the gods, and the gods going at it.

It could be. I mean we're speculating. However that would mean that there's only three scum?

I'm thinking of something else though. This game's flavor is about two gods and their followers, I think it's very likely that scum team can recruit someone. That would mean they would be a 4 scum party. In a way "convert" a townie into a follower of Peripseros.

It makes sense, or at least somewhat plausible, since in the game's flavor, most of Peripseros' followers were converted. It fits with the flavor, and it would definetely mean that we're looking at a three scum team right now, with the possibilities of being a four person team later on.

I think this is very much possible if Komena and Peripseros are both neutral. It also fits with the Greek narrative that the Gods just trash talk one another and it's usually their followers who do their dirty work.

Sloth-man, could you open your thoughts a bit for me? You seem very opposed to the idea that Preposterous would be nothing but a super-scum at the start. Do you really think that there would be a recruitable in addition to that? Your thoughts on the neutral(s) seem contradictory to me too, just how many do you think there are?

Swamped

Banned
That's right, Freak has not posted after the game started either.

Could scum possibly be trying to take advantage of the short D1 phase? Well, it has only been about 12 hours since the game started so probably not...

FEP is giving me Perispesos vibes. He comments on a few things intermittently, and it's usually accompanied by some flavor talk. I mean, I love greek mythology but it feels like an attempt to seem active.

Gorlak

Banned
Hey, this day is still 24 hours too long. I'm bored. Can someone please claim MillerTracker?

Swamped I wasn't serious about the jesus comment, it was a funny thought I had.

Giant Panda I'm sorry, I misread your post. I didn't want to mislead anyone.

Now, Seath is weird. Sophia pointed out the many assumptions he makes. Suprisingly she resumes with Seath leaving the impression of hidden knowledge. That's exactly what I'd say about her.

I don't expect Kyan to turn up again today, but I'm watching you (not because of your one post in here, but because of your previous play mister coaster
YES META
)

FEP also saw it as a breadcrumb.
Negative, ghost rider. I was joking. I said after I don't expect to see any classic Greek role names since we have custom characters in the flavor and the sample role PM is a pretty dry "ordinary villager."

Speaking of going overboard, saying things like "peresperos vibes" is confusing. My conclusions are not at all drawn from flavor. They're coming from the actual game and if it happens to align flavor-wise i don't see any harm in mentioning it.

Top Bottom