• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video Game fan art -- when it's better than the official thing

sammy

m0dus said:
glad you like it.

Just finished another one--while it is by no means 'better than the official thing' I might as well post it here.

NIIIIICEE! that's fuckin' rad, thanks for posting

Vespa

That's BAD ASS, m0dus! the FX of the gun blast is awesome.

Extollere said:

My wife showed me this today and it's awesome. Make sure you click it and take a look around.

Any info (artist name, website etc) on this, Extollere? don't make me PM you! :D

long cat:
metal gear.jpg

Solid%20Snakecodec.jpg

artist: Nacho Molina

soldat7

sammy said:
SURE, yea i'm honored you guys like it ------- i will have to think up another for whenever team ICO makes an announcement :D

Do you have a larger version of that picture? Great work btw, I just beat the game last night for the first time. :)

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Vespa said:
Any info (artist name, website etc) on this, Extollere? don't make me PM you! :D

No clue, I'll have to ask the wife, she found it. I like those Metal Gear junk there... got lots of fan art on my PC maybe I'll try to upload a little more.

Vespa

Extollere said:
No clue, I'll have to ask the wife, she found it. I like those Metal Gear junk there... got lots of fan art on my PC maybe I'll try to upload a little more.

Would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Rindain said:
More of my favorite Samus / Metroid pics:

Going_to_Maridia_by_Jaquio.jpg

Metroid_Prime_2__Torvus_Blogg_by_Ke.jpg

I cannot state enough how much i fucking love those pictures. They are simply great, excellent, stellar. The colours, the movement, the expression. Stunning.

skyfinch

One of my favorite old school games. :D
Wanted to remake this cover for a long time, finally got the chance.
This is my first drawing in about 2 years.

psychofoxfinal.jpg
psychofox.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Not gonna make a new thread and since this one is the most recent, pretty nice Beyond Good and Evil fanart from Ville Ericsson

archi-20021.jpg

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Ness looks really janky, it totally reads like his left arm and foot are on backwards and I don't know what the fuck is going on with his hand, it's a grotesque blob. Really great stuff otherwise, but I have to wonder how you can put that much detail into something yet gloss over something so glaringly obvious in one of the the biggest focal points of the art.

That Mario one's great. Suck it TToB, Chamba does some rad stuff.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Dunno about "better than the real thing" but its always nice to see fanart

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Some of these may have been posted before, if so, sorry. Been meaning to post these for a while.

ArugeriGhastly01.jpg

ArugeriHaunter01.jpg

ArugeriGangar01.jpg

BloodyCubone.jpg

BabyHo-Oh01.jpg

Ho-ohLugiaSky01.jpg

RedGyra01.jpg

RedsBunker01.jpg

CherryBlossomsPicnic01.jpg

ComeToTheAdventure01.jpg

DumbDisguises01.jpg

ElectricTypes01.jpg

Giovanni01.jpg

GoldCynda.jpg

LyraTotodile01.jpg

GoldKotoneScared01.jpg

GroupPhoto01.jpg

Gyakarp01.jpg

HGSS-RSE-DP.jpg

HGSSSuperNerd01.jpg

HeartGoldAndSoulSilver01.jpg

MedicinesHere01.jpg

MyFriend01.jpg

RedElectricBattle01.jpg

RedIceFishing01.jpg

RedsRoom01.jpg

SnowyShowdown01.jpg

Starters01.jpg

SurgeRaichu01.jpg

TeamRocketDisguises01.png

TeamRocketsLair01.jpg

YetAnotherEpicBattle01.png

AllProtagonistsRivals01.jpg

EpicMangaRedMeeting01.jpg

Shig said:
That Mario one's great. Suck it TToB, Chamba does some rad stuff.

Chamba is okay.

I've always said Udung hires some decent artists now and then; unfortunately they rarely churn out most of the shit you see in comic shops. :|

Not to mention as nice as Chamba's pinups are, when I looked at the comic he did it wasn't so hot. There were panels where I was lost as the what the fuck I was looking at.

Drawing pinups ≠ Drawing sequential art

In a perfect world Jo Chen would produce more work, or better; do another fuckin' comic!

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
The Take Out Bandit said:
Chamba is okay.

I've always said Udung hires some decent artists now and then; unfortunately they rarely churn out most of the shit you see in comic shops. :|

Not to mention as nice as Chamba's pinups are, when I looked at the comic he did it wasn't so hot. There were panels where I was lost as the what the fuck I was looking at.

Yeah, you're right about that. I like Omar Dogan's pinups, but his sequentials look totally different and far less interesting.

Platy

You posted the mario that chamba did and not the metroid one ???

Shame on you =P

The best metroid fanart i saw in a LONG time

Raging Spaniard

The Take Out Bandit said:
Chamba is okay.

In a perfect world Jo Chen would produce more work, or better; do another fuckin' comic!

Are you implying that illustrators have no fucking clue on how to tell and layout a cohesive narrative?

HOW DARE YOU

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Andrex makes an excellent case for why we should really have some sort of "only X number of images per post" restriction or something.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Shig said:
Andrex makes an excellent case for why we should really have some sort of "only X number of images per post" restriction or something.

I'd just break it up into different posts then, no difference really. :p

Lucc

not enough samus

2s9ar69.jpg

more persona 3

30wqna9.jpg

believe!

33wb7fd.jpg

just awesome final fantasy tactics art

258mbk5.jpg

awesome pics guys! don't let this thread die^^

Top Bottom