• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone coming to consoles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmiPrime

It's showing up in my Xbox achievements:

oWHcVnK.png

I get a page not found error when I click on it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Bundled with extra controllers?

Pooya

could be revealed at gamescom I'm guessing. "out now!" along with new adventure. Seems plausible.

Omey3000

Neo Member
If you play Hearthstone on Windows 10, the Xbox App registers it as a game so that it can be launched from the app itself, through Battle.net.

So, no, I don't think it's going to be an Xbox game. Blizz would have made an announcement for a cross pc/console shift, like Diablo 3. Maybe a surprise for Blizzcon?

Pooya

If you play Hearthstone on Windows 10, the Xbox App registers it as a game so that it can be launched from the app itself, through Battle.net.

So, no, it is bot an Xbox game. Blizz would have made an announcement for a cross pc/console shift, like Diablo 3.

but why would it show in achievements list?

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
You'd think it would be on the Wii U by now with it's obvious controller option. I've played it on an Ipad before and I'm sure it would play the same way on a Wii U.

brawly

I'd like to try it.

So, no, I don't think it's going to be an Xbox game. Blizz would have made an announcement for a cross pc/console shift, like Diablo 3. Maybe a surprise for Blizzcon?

Does it show "0 gamerscore" on other games if you do that?

Don't think so, it could easily work with a controller, but if you buy packs on PSN or Xbox Live, Blizzard needs to pay Sony or Microsoft 30(?)% of their revenue and that's probably not worth it to them.
Almost all people with a console have a pc that can run Hearthstone and/or a mobile device.

That said, I would welcome a controller option for the base game on PC, I would play it even more if I could just open it with Steam big picture and use a controller.

IvorB

I would be happy at this news. I enjoy the game but playing games on my laptop just doesn't work for me. There is no reason at all why it shouldn't roll out to consoles.

brawly

Don't think so, it could easily work with a controller, but if you buy packs on PSN or Xbox Live, Blizzard needs to pay Sony or Microsoft 30(?)% of their revenue and that's probably not worth it to them.
Almost all people with a console have a pc that can run Hearthstone and/or a mobile device.

People who haven't played it on PC yet likely aren't going to. Lost revenue at this point.

Pooya

That said, I would welcome a controller option for the base game on PC, I would play it even more if I could just open it with Steam big picture and use a controller.

stuff cost more on apple store already, they can do the same on console and if it's universal battle.net game, people can buy stuff on PC, use on console without paying platform holder a dime. If they're really bringing it to console, they probably made some kind of deal, I don't think they would release HS on console that is only limited to console players. That would be bad for Blizzard.

Lichter

/thread

jediyoshi

Except Apple gets their cut of IAP as well.

Does it show "0 gamerscore" on other games if you do that?

No, and it doesn't make sense that there'd be any art there in their system unless they're planning on having a giant list of exceptions in the future.

Storm360

Battle.net games seem to interface with Xbox Live for some reason, Overwatch shows up as being played on Xbox Live

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
but why would it show in achievements list?

Because that's how MS's games list operates. IIRC even the 360 did this with X-box Backward Compatible titles for a while as it's similar to the "activity list" that Playstation has for letting people know what you're playing while connected to the network.

Storm360

Because that's how MS's games list operates. IIRC even the 360 did this with X-box Backward Compatible titles for a while as it's similar to the "activity list" that Playstation has for letting people know what you're playing while connected to the network.

It did it but the "achievement lists" weren't shown server side and had no art, just an generic Xbox logo

Except Apple gets their cut of IAP as well.

Google and Apple have a market in the billions and there're a lot of mobile users who would never play games on PC.
Consoles have a market right now of +- 70 million(?) with most users having a pc and/or mobile device and probably play games on it.

Still don't see the point honestly for porting Hearthstone to consoles, especially for a game that's constantly updating. Seems like a lot of work for not that many users.

(And for the record, I hope it happens and would play it a lot on console when I buy a Neo.)

They already pay both Apple and Google the 30% cut for packs. In fact all my packs bought are on iPad and I've bought hundreds since launch. So it isn't that. I won't play Hearthstone on PS4 since it is best on iPad for me even though I have it installed everywhere.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hope it happens just so I can laugh at the fact that HS on PS4 happens before a Magic game ever makes it to PS4. Digital Magic is such a joke.

Jawmuncher

Hope it happens just so I can laugh at the fact that HS on PS4 happens before a Magic game ever makes it to PS4. Digital Magic is such a joke.

Seems magic has taken a break after the poor reception of the last game. They're probably figuring out themselves how to do a hearthstone style system in terms of decks and cards. Stuff was starting to get a bit ridiculous.

mindsale

Cross-play between console and PC? I don't see it.

Turns would take forever for PC / Tablet / Phone players waiting for controllers to select cards.

Would be neat with the new expansion I guess though.

Isnt this just ms's new gamehub thing? They said they would have gamehubs for games that are pc exclusive as well as xbox games. Would love to see it come to consoles though.

Shai-Tan

Banned
it could easily be ported over since its a unity game. i actually got into ccg games through magic duels of the planeswalkers which was free on xbox in 2009 or something

Atomski

The only reason I can think it's not on consoles is it needs to have cross platform online play and be able to patch often.

I doubt they want to be exclusive and still Sony and ms don't have a cross platform game going yet so that's probably why.

The only reason I can think it's not on consoles is it needs to have cross platform online play and be able to patch often.

I doubt they want to be exclusive and still Sony and ms don't have a cross platform game going yet so that's probably why.

Blizzard patches get pushed through super quickly already.

RAWRferal

This.

A thread like this was made last month as well iirc.

Arkeband

Banned
If they released Hearthstone on consoles before even making the clunky, shitty PC version fit monitors properly, that'd be hilarious.

Castef

Banned
Oh, good, now that I stopped playing it. :D

If they released Hearthstone on consoles before even making the clunky, shitty PC version fit monitors properly, that'd be hilarious.

Do we want to talk about the 3.5GB Android version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom