• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy | Original PS1 Covers Recreated + WARPED Reveal Date

Kssio_Aug

Truely curious on why not wait until E3 to show off Warped, unless..... Spyro's going to be shown at Sony's conference instead

C_--6E1UAAA9L_C.jpg

I'm going to have to repost the "improved" box for the game again, aren't I?

LOL

Croash

Truely curious on why not wait until E3 to show off Warped, unless..... Spyro's going to be shown at Sony's conference instead

I'm going to have to repost the "improved" box for the game again, aren't I?

I'm dying over here!

Made me laugh 3 times as much as when I discovered the Game of the Year edition of "10 out of 10".
Arkham City GOTY

Anyway, love those remade artworks although I still prefer the original CB2 one where Crash doesn't look like he's about to hunt me down like a Wumpa fruit and slowly peel my skin off.

Putty

Its going to be terrific fun! This, Wipeout and Hotshots Golf pretty close to each other....Classic Playstation.....

dadjumper

I'm still unsure about this collection, since having revisited the trilogy I found it a bit clunky and frustrating to play, and I'm not sure about how washed out they've made the colours compared to the originals. That said, 3 was my favourite, so I'm looking forward to see what they've done with it! If they ever do CTR I am buying that no question

Unknown?

I'm still unsure about this collection, since having revisited the trilogy I found it a bit clunky and frustrating to play, and I'm not sure about how washed out they've made the colours compared to the originals. That said, 3 was my favourite, so I'm looking forward to see what they've done with it! If they ever do CTR I am buying that no question
That's probably just you not being used to platformers really. More of being rusty.

How the fuck is Tomb Wader winning. Scratch that, I'm not okay with just any choice, lol. It's not gonna look very different from Temple Ruins, which we've already seen:

Come on people! Future fucking Frenzy!! Don't you want to see this in glorious HD?

ir5ZHz9.gif

agree with this post, I don't think Tomb Wader will look all that impressive, Future Frenzy though, cannot wait to see that!

pixelation

How the fuck is Tomb Wader winning. Scratch that, I'm not okay with just any choice, lol. It's not gonna look very different from Temple Ruins, which we've already seen:

Come on people! Future fucking Frenzy!! Don't you want to see this in glorious HD?

ir5ZHz9.gif

I haven't played Warped... am i in for a treat or is the second one the best one?

I haven't played Warped... am i in for a treat or is the second one the best one?

It depends. In Cortex Strikes Back, how much did you enjoy the surfing sections, the polar levels, and the jetpack levels?

If you enjoyed those diversionary components the most, then you'll probably have a good time with Warped.

If you preferred the standard Crash platforming, run and jump levels then you will probably find Warped somewhat disappointing.

Also, a personal suggestion for playing Warped: Don't use any of the extra abilities the game gives you unless it is 100% necessary. They basically break the game and take all of the challenge and fun out of it.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that Warped is the weakest of the three games as I much prefer the standard platforming fare rather than the side-show stuff. There's much too much 'alternative gameplay' in Warped for my liking.

Javier23

Banned
People who've spent more time playing the series than I have may have a different opinion (didn't replay the games much and am no completionist) but I think most people would agree on the second one being the best. People think (and it's true) that Warped has way too many gimmicky levels.

I probably liked the second best. I'm a big fan of all three though, to be honest. Underwater levels can go die in a fire though as far as I'm concerned.

Roo

Poll Results:

Future Frenzy - 5,890 Votes (33%)

Tomb Wader - 8,567 Votes (48%)

Deep Trouble - 3,391 Votes (19%)

TOTAL VOTES: 17,848 Votes

Well, there you go.
I just hope it doesn't have commentary on it.
Didn't enjoy Upstream and Sewer or Later as much as the others because of all the talking.

silva1991

Poll Results:

Well, there you go.
Didn't enjoy Upstream and Sewer or Later as much as the others because of all the talking.

Well, there it is.

Is this the level that has monkeis in pots? Maybe we can kill them this time around :p

Piggus

Poll Results:

Well, there you go.

Booooooooooo

I'm going to take a wild guess and assume most of the Tomb Wader votes are from people who never played CB3.

Poll Results:

Well, there you go.

Dissapointed that it's not Future Frenzy, on the other hand we're still going to see Crash 3 in action and the game releases in a month anyway.

The wait won't be long... hopefully

The only negatives for warped are maybe one too many vehicle sections. There's motorbiking, scuba diving, Bi-plane arenas, jet-skiing, and Tiger rides. Also, the Bazooka power-up wasn't a very fun one. Your enjoyment of each type may vary, but the game always shone best when it was pure platforming, which Crash 2 has more of.

The positive with this remake is that perhaps VV has been able to tweak and adjust these game types to be more bearable. For example, the Jet Ski and Motorcycle stages would be a real headache sometimes, especially for 100% runs.

Top Bottom