• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Mr Git

I was lucky enough that the enemy team didn't really chase me down when I jumped away to get health packs. My team of randoms didn't even have any healers so I was stuck just grabbing health packs in that match. That's probably why it was so scary.

But it was relatively easy because we captured the first point quickly so I was able to get to second point and get it there. I was happy the Symm player clustered them together for me, lol. Just had to play like a dick and not worry about my team.

I see! Still destroying turrets so not that much of being a dick :p As a Symm player I never cluster all my turrets in one place for this reason - that or I just change if there's a good Winston.

The problem with this is that you have to play against Symmetra to be able to get it. Don't bother Torbjorn turrets.

My biggest problem with this one was losing count, and I've stranded so many times on 9 after watching back the footage. If you play quick match you should run into plenty of Symmetra's and they pretty much all have the same places they put their turrets.

Just play very conservative and jump in and out on places you think there are turrets. You'll get it eventually.

But like I said, only bother when there is an enemy Symmetra.

Ha cheers for this! I won't be enacting the advice for a while though I've barely touched Winston yet but would like to - I tend to gravitate towards the mobile characters and suddenly feel really restricted when I try a slow one. Once I'm playing a character a lot tho I want those sprays..

Anyway what's both of youse PSNs I'm still playing. Or add me on Stealthy_Git :')

I'm really enjoying 6x6 lockout it's brilliant. Nice to have an arcade playlist I like playing a lot too - I really like Total Mayhem but find it creates bad habits for regular play. It makes Tracer basically invincible. Also REALLY hoping Blizz patch the game so the default gesture can be disabled - so many times I go to do a quick hello or ta and end up sitting down or bowing or dancing.

LiK

^ Clustering Symm turrets gets some easy kills especially against squishies so it works. But of course, Winston pretty much destroys them like its nothing unless your team is too stupid to not switch to a Winston to help clear them out.

my PSN is xLiKx.

Mr Git

True! I've been on the other end of a line of turrets too many times. Just enough time to go nooo before melting. I tend to put mine in groups of two and spread them just around enough to be horrible but sneaky enough to be hard to destroy in a single encounter.

This thread is dead. The post at the top of this page (50 posts per page) is from like 17 hours ago.

RIP

I haven't been in the mood to play any games after the event ended for some reason. I've just been fiddling around in Rock Band at best - I forgot how relaxing it is for me to play the guitar in that.

I'll probably be back to Overwatch once the Horizon map launches.

^ Clustering Symm turrets gets some easy kills especially against squishies so it works. But of course, Winston pretty much destroys them like its nothing unless your team is too stupid to not switch to a Winston to help clear them out.

I got super lucky and got that trophy while there was still stacking in QP. I chose Winston before the map started and it turned out the enemy team was a joke stack of six Symmetras and the trophy popped about 10 seconds into the match.

Still don't have the damn Hanzo 4-kill trophy. That and the typical ones (Reaper, Genji, Lucio, Zen) are the only trophies I don't have. Oh, and the Widow headshot. Bleh. I feel like I'm so close. One of these nights I'll get one of the super hard ones without trying and then I'll be motivated to get the rest, I suppose.

LiK

Forgot I also needed the Hog Ult one. I'll try that in QP in some fo those maps that make it easy.

I got super lucky and got that trophy while there was still stacking in QP. I chose Winston before the map started and it turned out the enemy team was a joke stack of six Symmetras and the trophy popped about 10 seconds into the match.

Still don't have the damn Hanzo 4-kill trophy. That and the typical ones (Reaper, Genji, Lucio, Zen) are the only trophies I don't have. Oh, and the Widow headshot. Bleh. I feel like I'm so close. One of these nights I'll get one of the super hard ones without trying and then I'll be motivated to get the rest, I suppose.

For Hanzo quad, you need a Zarya Ult. It's easy mode that way.

My PSN would be the same as my username. I'd be happy to help you get your remaining throphies.

I'll add ya just to have more PSN dudes to play with.

LiK

I don't even know why people callout discords. I have never had a problem spotting a discorded enemy. It's a big purple ball over their head.

Yea, you don't really need to call out Discords unless maybe it's a Pharah. It's wasy to easy to see unless you have tunnel vision.

hypernima

Banned
Do we have an official release date on the moon map? I'm dying to play it.

6/20

Yea, you don't really need to call out Discords unless maybe it's a Pharah. It's wasy to easy to see unless you have tunnel vision.

I don't typically get tunneled, sometimes playing Winston though.
Also if you wanna play today, I'll be on.

If you're diving into the enemy, it's pretty helpful to know which target is discorded ahead of time so you can melt them as fast as possible.

Hmm, yeah I guess so. But I usually just see it before the callout because of mic delay.

My PSN would be the same as my username. I'd be happy to help you get your remaining throphies.

Cool - I'll probably add you at some point although I'm not gonna be around much this weekend. I think the Hanzo quad-kill is the only one I need to coordinate with - the rest are just getting lucky.

I don't even know why people callout discords. I have never had a problem spotting a discorded enemy. It's a big purple ball over their head.

I like calling out discords because it helps prioritize targets that are causing trouble. If a team fight is going on, I'll probably just discord and the damage will get done. But if there's a Mercy flying around and nobody's after her, I will say that I discorded Mercy as a hopeful hint to the rest of my team to get the fucking Mercy.

Mine too. You can really see the tunnel vision kick in watching from the back line.
Discord call-outs just get everyone on the same page, sometimes. It also helps if you give location at the same time.

i try to give basic callouts sometimes because not everyone knows what i'm talking about (e.g. in jail, bar, saloon)
there's some game, when we have a winston. i keep an orb on him and discord the support for him because he understands what to do. everyone else still plays at the choke.

especially enemies that run and hide in buildings and i'm the one that notices it especially when they are low.

PatjuhR

I really, really helps when people call out stuff. I don't do it myself, so I can't complain, but I rarely run into randoms doing it on PS4.

I can only remember one game where somebody actively did it and it helped so much. Just telling the Soldier a Pharah is in the air and where is already a game changer.

I feel like it's more about the hero you're facing. Teams that communicate on Pharah / Bastion / Widow locations have a lot better success at picking them off.

LiK

I do real well as Zen and I don't even use a mic. I just happen to play with Gaffers who know who to attack when I put that Discord up on an annoying enemy. When I play with randoms, I also do pretty well as Zen. It just depends on who you play with and if they're paying attention to what's going onf or the most part.

Call outs are fine altho I don't find it anymore useful than just seeing the discord orb on someone. It's basically a 'shoot that' target to me.

In theory, there's no reason at all for discord call outs.

But in practice, the targets seem to drop faster when there is a shot calling Zen.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I think it still helps to call it out. The orb icon is there, but the callout helps tell everyone to focus fire on it. Otherwise usually only one or two guys shoot at the discorded guy.

I think it still helps to call it out. The orb icon is there, but the callout helps tell everyone to focus fire on it. Otherwise usually only one or two guys shoot at the discorded guy.

or no one shoots. there was one game. like discorded pharah. we have a soldier. not once he tried to shoot her. our pharah ended up trying to dogfight her.

it's not like soldier was far from pharah. she was basically in the same area as him. sometimes i wonder still what their FOV is set to lol.

hypernima

Banned
I really, really helps when people call out stuff. I don't do it myself, so I can't complain, but I rarely run into randoms doing it on PS4.

I can only remember one game where somebody actively did it and it helped so much. Just telling the Soldier a Pharah is in the air and where is already a game changer.

I wish I had better luck, I have run into more matches where people in gold complained about callouts than accepting them.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I don't like dealing with Pharah at all. She regularly causes team wipes when uncontested, which happens whenever you happen to get on a team where everyone says some variation of "Pharah's not my job". When in reality, Pharah is EVERYONE'S job and even random potshots from anyone on your team helps disrupt her effectiveness.

Sometimes the Soldier on your team gets too caught up shooting other people and forgets to fight Pharah, when no one else on the team can really do it effectively. There was one time a Pharah was on high ground on Hollywood attack, and I got so tired of calling for someone to fight her that I ran up and shot at her as Mercy. I got her low enough to run away, and then I think one of the tanks finished her off.

Other times, you end up with great teams where the Soldier + Winston + D.Va just endlessly harass the enemy Pharah and it's awesome.

Then sometimes you're the Soldier, and the entire team expects you to take down a Pharmercy combo by yourself for some reason.

LiK

Basically, anyone who can hit Pharah or cause her grief should be contributing. No one should be ignoring her because it's "not your job". Even a Mercy can occassionally shoot at her and hope for some lucky hits. Pharah players who constantly get shot down will make the switch to another hero.

Basically, anyone who can hit Pharah or cause her grief should be contributing. No one should be ignoring her because it's "not your job". Even a Mercy can occassionally shoot at her and hope for some lucky hits. Pharah players who constantly get shot down will make the switch to another hero.

Yep. I regularly do it as Zarya. That beam has some reach.

hypernima

Banned

I should show you the video I made yesterday. Lol.

Or... the community could keep insinuating fellow Soldier 76 players aren't doing their job if the enemy Pharah is able to leave their spawn.

Either or.

;~;

Mr Git

I usually hunt down Pharah as Tracer or dva - either chip her down or stalk until she drops down to a squishy height. Dva is just boosting into her in the sky and shooting as I flail down. Normally works.

In theory, there's no reason at all for discord call outs.

But in practice, the targets seem to drop faster when there is a shot calling Zen.

The number of Silver/Gold border players I run into that think a Discorded enemy is Lucio-Ulted is depressing. Especially when the other team doesn't even have a Lucio.

Danj

Does anyone else get people telling them to "stop coughing on mic" or similar? Do people just not know how to use the mute player function?

nan0

Does anyone else get people telling them to "stop coughing on mic" or similar? Do people just not know how to use the mute player function?

It's super annoying when they have Open Mic enabled and you constantly hear music, coughing or other background noise from them because their activation threshold is too low. Yeah, I could mute them, but maybe they actually use the mic for communication which I want to hear.

LiK

Some people use their Playstation Camera as their mic and it picks up everything in the room and the people sound like crap on it as well. Pretty amazing when people don't care what's going on int heir room and think we should all listen to their shit.

Danj

It's super annoying when they have Open Mic enabled and you constantly hear music, coughing or other background noise from them because their activation threshold is too low. Yeah, I could mute them, but maybe they actually use the mic for communication which I want to hear.

Well, is there an app that can filter coughs from a mic input and send it as a virtual mic or something?

Danj

You could just turn your mic sensitivity down or cover your mouth when coughing? Probably an easier solution.

There's a push to talk feature that filters out coughs the old school way.

Both of these things require moving hands off keys that are for moving and shooting and whatnot, this seems like a good way to not win games? Although I guess I can try the mic sensitivity thing, I just thought someone would've invented a solution for this problem. Surely machine learning is at the stage where it can learn what a cough sounds like and filter it out of an audio stream?

Both of these things require moving hands off keys that are for moving and shooting and whatnot, this seems like a good way to not win games? Although I guess I can try the mic sensitivity thing, I just thought someone would've invented a solution for this problem. Surely machine learning is at the stage where it can learn what a cough sounds like and filter it out of an audio stream?
The large majority of people who play on PC use push to talk and it doesn't seem to have an impact on their ability to win matches lmao.

Salarians

DBvDNXYXoAA448C
need this as a skin Jeph pls

Top Bottom