• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis World Tour announced (2018, Breakpoint Studio, OMG!)

robotrock

Banned
VZlua5ySR_ejwBXO0Jf0dw.png

http://www.gamescom.de/gamescom/Pre...&anzahl=10&channel=kmeigen&language=d&archiv=
can't beat that.

People.

2017: Over 350k from 106 different countries.

I see. Gamescom must be more for the videogame consumers/players than it is the developers. Great for those in attendance but it isn't covered nearly as much as E3 worldwide so announcing and showcasing your game at E3 will get way more eyeballs than showcasing it at gamescom or TGS for that matter.

oti

Banned
I see. Gamescom must be more for the videogame consumers/players than it is the developers. Great for those in attendance but it isn't covered nearly as much as E3 worldwide so announcing and showcasing your game at E3 will get way more eyeballs than showcasing it at gamescom or TGS for that matter.

I think you're pretty wrong about that. It's a tennis game. Not only does the US suck in men's tennis and Europe is dominating the sport for some years now, it's also pretty niche as far as video game sports go. It's the first tennis game for this gen after all.

Just look at Biomutant. If that game was announced during E3 no-one would care. gamescon was the perfect opportunity to show Tennis World Tour and Big Ben screwed up.

I think you're pretty wrong about that. It's a tennis game. Not only does the US suck in men's tennis and Europe is dominating the sport for some years now, it's also pretty niche as far as video game sports go. It's the first tennis game for this gen after all.

Just look at Biomutant. If that game was announced during E3 no-one would care. gamescon was the perfect opportunity to show Tennis World Tour and Big Ben screwed up.

It would still get more coverage at E3, even in Europe. Ubisoft, a European company, usually makes their big game reveals at E3. If a developer can time it correctly, E3 is still the best venue to reveal a game since the most eyeballs across the world are watching.

oti

Banned
It would still get more coverage at E3, even in Europe. Ubisoft, a European company, usually makes their big game reveals at E3. If a developer can time it correctly, E3 is still the best venue to reveal a game since the most eyeballs across the world are watching.

I mean what, are you telling me US media doesn't cover games because they're announced in Europe? E3 is the more important convention, but gamescom is still the bigger one. Tennis World Tour can't compete with Ubisoft, Sony, Nintendo and Activision announcements.

I mean what, are you telling me US media doesn't cover games because they're announced in Europe? E3 is the more important convention, but gamescom is still the bigger one. Tennis World Tour can't compete with Ubisoft, Sony, Nintendo and Activision announcements.

I can't tell you one game that has been announced at gamescom. Perhaps its because I'm a Nintendo fan and they don't show up, or gamescom in general doesn't have the games I'm interested in. To be fair, that could be it.

Tamanator

I can't tell you one game that has been announced at gamescom. Perhaps its because I'm a Nintendo fan and they don't show up, or gamescom in general doesn't have the games I'm interested in. To be fair, that could be it.

Clearly the latter. The Age of Empires IV announcement was pretty big.

Rellik

I assume that's a computer game and yeah I don't play those. E3 also doesn't highlight computer games that much so gamescom may be the best place for PC game announcements.

E3 literally has a whole PC game conference. PC games are also all over the big conferences from Sony, MS, Ubisoft, EA etc.

You're trying really hard to downplay Gamescom for some weird reason. Going as far to gloss over a huge announcement like Age of Empires.

Gamescom was definitely the perfect place for this game. It would have been buried at E3.

oti

Banned
E3 literally has a whole PC game conference. PC games are also all over the big conferences from Sony, MS, Ubisoft, EA etc.

You're trying really hard to downplay Gamescom for some weird reason. Going as far to gloss over a huge announcement like Age of Empires.

Gamescom was definitely the perfect place for this game. It would have been buried at E3.

And besides, Angela Merkel opened gamescom 2017. Talk about prestige. This was THE event to show Tennis World Tour. They just screwed up.

I assume that's a computer game and yeah I don't play those. E3 also doesn't highlight computer games that much so gamescom may be the best place for PC game announcements.
Why are you arguing this when you clearly know very little about either conference?

neilyadig

Regardless of which event is bigger/more important, the publisher of the game set an expectation that they would announce something at Gamescom.

wrowa

There's some news, I guess. Just got a PM by Big Ben, but don't hold your breath about screenshots or even a trailer. It just confirms some new athletes: Carolin Wozniacki, Nick Kyrgios, Alexander Zverev, John Isner.

Releasing in 2018 for PS4, Xbox One, PC and Switch. Don't know if they confirmed Switch before.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
There's some news, I guess. Just got a PM by Big Ben, but don't hold your breath about screenshots or even a trailer. It just confirms some new athletes: Carolin Wozniacki, Nick Kyrgios, Alexander Zverev, John Isner.

Releasing in 2018 for PS4, Xbox One, PC and Switch. Don't know if they confirmed Switch before.
I'm so in on this day one.

IN for shirtless Isner on Switch

DenisQc

instabuy if on Switch :)

Chessr

Would love me Some tennis on switch. Last time i played a tennis game was on vita. It was around launch. Maybe top spin 4 ? I platinumed it :D the online trophies was tough.

Gandie

Day 0 on Switch 😍

LordKano

I got the same mail but didn't know if Switch was old news or not haha.

BDGAME

Glad they announced for Switch too.

But it simple and clean: No motion no buy!

Put a good motion and it's day 1 for me.

I guess they can add a motion control option but I probably won't be using that. This game obviously isn't going to be designed with them in mind.

guiJedi

Neo Member
I was just searching the other day if this game had been announced for Switch lol Great news, I'll buy day one!

Top Bottom