• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If I could go back to the start I would

I'll move on..I've had a few drinks that's all. I will text her to see if she wants to meet up for coffee in the Mormon

Don't. You're going to embarrass yourself by saying the kind of stuff you're saying in this thread. And it would be awkward as fuck for the poor mormon

Ihyll

Are you tying to "win" the breakup? Not a good idea, not a good look.
I love her and still do...I love her with every fiber in my body. There are so many things I'd like to say to her but she didn't give me the chance.

But I guess this is the harsh reality that I have to face.

Ihyll

I'm
Just fucked up she fucked me up and I shouldn't have let her get me to this point but I don't care anymore

cromofo

gear-patrol-stop-doing-this-at-gym-lead-full.jpg
Fuck bitches, get ripped. And vice versa.

Your time is now.

Ihyll

No texts from her in three weeks and I have been trying to get used to it..the reality of the situation I am in has slowly crept up

vern

There are so many amazing girls on this planet. She ain't that special. Go "wrap your arms around" another one or two or 20. Enjoy the freedom she just granted you.

gun_haver

seems like a drunk chain of posts to me.

settle down pal. let your mind wander, whatever your other interests are, you'll get tired and go back to them soon enough.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, OP, and I'm sorry that you had to find out the hard way that the adage "better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all" is bullshit. Humans are hard-wired to hate losing a thing more than not getting a thing.

Don't try and get back in touch with her; there's nothing you can say to make things "right", as others have said you can't win this breakup. If you didn't say a bunch of stuff to her when you were together, she probably isn't going to care now you're not. Just pretend that she's dead now, she never existed.

Find something to occupy your time instead. My usual suggestion is videogames and anime but you may have your own hobbies.

DrKelpo

Banned
you remember that one hobby, you always wanted to start but never did?
now is the time.

it sucks, we all know, but it won't be forever.

*GAFgrouphug

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Hard truth. This is so normal.

But, just do something else. It hurts now, but this thread will feel super awkward when you get back to your normal self.

Read about this from a book or something so that your brain will adjust a bit to normality. Right now this is like I was in 2013. Luckily I did not make a GAF thread.

And no, you do not want that sweet thing again because that sweet thing will disappear again. And be worse.

Learn from this and bite your lip.

Good job on not contacting :) hang in there

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I just wonder how she could move on so fast without me...as if I were nothing to her...that is the most painful thing

In my personal experience and observations, women almost always move on pretty quickly due to strong support groups and often living in a dating seller's market so to speak. You really shouldn't take it personally because it's happened to every dude I know. Hell it'll almost certainly happen to this dude that's she with now.

As someone who used to get kinda overly attached myself, the best advice I have in the near term is to hit the gym. When I went through a divorce, I'd just work out 3-4 hours a night to exhaust myself and my mind.

Long term you should know that this will pass. There will be a day where you wonder to yourself what the big deal was all about. Especially after you'll have already dated other women because there WILL be others. You'll be thankful for the experience in the long run because it actually makes you a better boyfriend to someone even better than this chick.

ZeroD

Dude considering you're previous threads and stuff. First and foremost I think you gotta stop drinking.

OK. Make a plan. Got to get something on your mind to make it easier. Any hobby's? Just go do it. And that is not playing video games or watching Netflix, something active. Preferably social. Pick up some tennis lessons or whatever to get you out of the house.

Next up, fire up Tinder and such. Meet new people and you'll quickly see there are plenty of girls out there that can be "the one". Just try not to get stuck on one person.

Also, if you still feel so strongly, do not go meet her or texting her. I am of the idea people can be friends after a breakup, but only if they are both actually capable of that and not just hanging around for the tiny chance the other might change their minds and suddenly fall back in love.

Last, people deal differently with moving on. She might be dealing with it by going out with someone very quickly again. Some people are just afraid to be alone and jump in the next relationship right away. Seen it countless times by now. It sucks, but there is little you can do about it. Try not to think about it, because yeah, that brings you to a bad place.

T-Rex.

Banned
Cut off all contact with her. Social media, phone number, everything. It's the quickest way to move on otherwise you'll just keep torturing yourself over every little thing.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
I love her and still do...I love her with every fiber in my body.
You don't actually, even though you're telling yourself that. She's just some random human. Chill out. Don't let yourself get overdramatic.

If she hasnt contacted you in three weeks then she prob wont meet up with some Mormon to talk with you. Just let it go, youll be fine

edit:
What happened to the co-worker you were infatuated with 2 months ago op?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1409640&highlight=

Or the girl on facebook you were obsessed with last month?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=246455794&highlight=#post246455794

When did you have time to fit your (ex)girlfriend in?

jesus christ dude, get a grip

Top Bottom