• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nurse at Naval Hospital Taking Racist Photos with Newborns

Ponn

Banned
News Story Link

Because people feel its ok to do these things now apparently. Police, firefighters and nurses now with newborn babies. Saw this in my nightly news when I got back from helping my sister in Bonita tonight. Local Jacksonville Naval Hospital, nurse taking racist pics with newborn babies and posting a video making a baby dance to rap music. Feeling it was ok to post this stuff to social media because, why not right?

Hold your horses before you hit that reply button ready to post defenses or excuses that it was just a misunderstanding though.

The viral post shared a photo from a Snapchat account that showed the employee giving the middle finger to a newborn, followed by a caption that read “How I currently feel about these mini Satans.” The post also read the “navy nurse” and her friend made a baby dance to rap music.

She was removed from her post under investigation but no word on how they are going to proceed.

Their official statement is

“We are aware of a video/photo posted online. It’s outrageous, unacceptable, incredibly unprofessional, and cannot be tolerated. We have identified the staff members involved. They have been removed from patient care and they will be handled by the legal system and military justice. We’re in the process of notifying the patient’s parents.”

On the news tonight they said the person already deleted all her social media accounts. Lots of emboldened racists and even though we all should know its not a surprise they are everywhere. Its disturbing you can't trust, especially those you have to trust that should be approve reproach. Cops are one thing, now Firefighters and nurses with defenseless babies who were just born into the world.

Sorry if already posted did a search and didn't find anything.

Drensch

I've read that story and I read the WaPo story earlier.
While this is an example of assholery and stupid, I'm not seeing the racism nor did I see it mentioned in either article.

The only mini Satan I here are the people who think they're better than everyone by posting this kind of crap and then hiding their accounts. Yeah guys that REALLY shows how cool you are!

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
While this is an example of assholery and stupid, I'm not seeing the racism nor did I see it mentioned in either article.
I definitely see how this could be racist, but without more info it could be just plain stupidity.

Ponn

Banned

So pray tell if its not racism why is she giving the finger to certain newborns of a particular color, calling them little satans and making them specifically dance to rap music?

edit: can't see the video so don't know the race of that baby in the video so not sure if she was targeting certain babies or not.

Drensch

So pray tell if its not racism why is she giving the finger to certain newborns of a particular color, calling them little satans and making them specifically dance to rap music?

Is she? I just see her messing with babies. If she's targeting a specific race, ok.

pigeon

Banned
Remember, this is a naval hospital. Those children are children of veterans or currently serving sailors of color.

Derwind

I definitely see how this could be racist, but without more info it could be just plain stupidity.

Plain stupidity doesn't make you act like minority babies are little satans and nor does plain stupidity make you grab a black baby & dangle he/she around like they're dancing while rap music is played.

Lord Almighty, did you even read the OP? Call the baby Mini Satans? Giving them the middle finger? A fucking baby?

I'm dumbfounded. Stupidity is, like, forgetting to put a diaper on, mis-labeling a baby's gender on their placard. How is flipping off a fucking baby 'just' stupid or assholery? How is it not racist to call them mini Satans and make them dance to rap music?

Theres not that much benefit of the doubt in the whole fucking universe.

III-V

Don't treat infants like toys. Don't be a racist. Those are not your fucking babies.

I'd have her head if that was my child.

KingV

Calling a black baby a mini Satan seems pretty racist.

The rap video dancing thing on its own, I'm not really sure about, but in combination with the above it seems that it was racist and purposefully so.

Either way, posting pictures of other people's babies in the hospital on your Snapchat without parental consent is a gross violation of your responsibilities, period no matter what the content is.

Lord Almighty, did you even read the OP? Call the baby Mini Satans? Giving them the middle finger? A fucking baby?

I'm dumbfounded. Stupidity is, like, forgetting to put a diaper on. How is flipping off a fucking baby 'just' stupid or assholery? How is it not racist to call them mini Satans and make them dance to rap music?

Theres not that much benefit of the doubt in the universe.
it's not racist to call them mini satans if she's just pissed about babies in general, not because they are black. unless i've missed something, the race angle isn't mentioned in the linked stories.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
How fucked in the head must you be to not only think of doing shit like this but actually going through with it and sharing it?

You deranged fuckers. Fuck off this planet already, idiots.

Bit-Bit

Hmm, I find the video funny. But I also would understand why some people would me upset over it. However, my daughter is 10 months old and I've used her like a puppet to dance to all sorts of music.

Derwind

Notice that she isn't supporting the baby's head and neck which can cause damage to the brain from too much movement.

Rage inducing, the first few weeks of a babies life is where they are most fragile.

Hmm, I find the video funny. But I also would understand why some people would me upset over it. However, my daughter is 10 months old and I've used her like a puppet to dance to all sorts of music.

These are newborn babies, not 10 month old few months away from walking baby.

Top Bottom