• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"PlayStation Collections" Announced For SCEA (God Of War, Infamous, Ratchet HD)

V_Ben

Banned
I'm really loving the look of these boxes, and that God Of War collection is an insanely good deal.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/06/never-stop-playing-with-playstation-collections/

7707117356_62b8de04da.jpg

7707118572_65eb49fd4e.jpg

7707117242_15c4829a13.jpg

Notice the shiny new things we’ve put on the packaging! What does it mean? Why does Ratchet look so good in green? The answer to most of those questions is that we’re officially introducing our Collections line with these releases on August 28th. Over the years we’ve had all sorts of great deals come your way and moving forward, this is how we plan on presenting them to our consumers. From August 28th on out, you’ll be able to easily spot these classic installments at retailers, as well as on the PlayStation Store, and know that you’ll be getting the greatest PlayStation has to offer — at the best prices around!

You should already know what’s in the Ratchet & Clank Collection, but here’s what you’ll find in the other two:

God of War Saga
God of War
God of War II
God of War III
God of War: Origins Collection (which includes God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta)
Exclusive Bonus Content
Voucher For 1 Trial Month of PlayStation Plus
Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War III and God of War: Origins Collection)

inFAMOUS Collection
inFAMOUS
inFAMOUS 2
inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood
Extra missions
Additional character costumes, power ups and weapon styles

Come August 28th, you’ll be able to pick these beauties up starting at $29.99! They not only come with some of the best and most memorable games in the PlayStation family, they’re also packed with a few additional goodies to make it worth your hard-earned cash. For longtime fans who may already have a few installments of these franchises, select titles from the Collections will also be available individually — without the extras — on the PlayStation Store.

Way better branding than SCEE's "Classics HD" line. I reckon the God of War and Infamous ones are going to be a little more than $29.99 though. I'm going with $49.99 for God of War, and then $39.99 for Infamous. Either way, crazy value for money if you've never played the games.

STOP PUTTING MORE STUPID SHIT ON THE COVERS OF YOUR GAMES SONY. FUCK.

The theme behind the covers is decent, but those stupid cogs are so unnecessary.

V_Ben

Banned
I bet we're going to see an Uncharted one eventually. And then perhaps a Resistance/Ratchet collection.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I went in this thread, expecting the covers to look like shit.

Not bad, Sony...

Man

I hear that if you craft them together you end up getting a copy of All-Stars Battle Royale.

What, God of War is only going to be thirty bucks? All of these are only thirty? Wonder how much mine is going for on TIVs.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I bet we're going to see an Uncharted one eventually. And then perhaps a Resistance/Ratchet collection.

Uh theres already a Ratchet collection? I mean its in the OP and everything.

These are kind of nice except for the obnoxious includes bla bla bla

jiggles

Banned
Wait, isn't the Ratchet one just new cover art for the HD collection?

With the other two being "everything out up until this point" packs, I don't understand why they're throwing Ratchet in the same class when it doesn't even come with half of the home console releases.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
A PS3 Ratchet collection. That collection is comprised of the PS2 games. I did read my own OP.

Oh okay. Yeah thats why I was confused there.

And the inFamous bundle kinda sucks when they already gave out 1 + 2 for free (and yet my lazy ass has still played neither).

V_Ben

Banned
With the God of War collection coming with 1 month of PS+... can we expect an Ascension multiplayer beta in September?

Pranay

For longtime fans who may already have a few installments of these franchises, select titles from the Collections will also be available individually — without the extras — on the PlayStation Store.

I hope people buy the infamous collection, I think the series is unappreciated. I didn't expect anything from infamous 1 since, I hated Sly Cooper 2, but it turned out to be my favourite game on PS3.

I will personally buy the Ratchet collection

M.D

Where the hell are the PS3 Ratchet games? They don't seem to be anywhere! The cheapest I could find them in my country is for 48$ and they are not on PSN either.... They should have included them in that collection.

I recently bought God of War 3 and was looking to buy God of War 1&2 HD before playing it, but couldn't find a boxed copy for cheap or at all and they each cost 15$ on PSN. I'll probably sell my copy and buy this collection.

Duffyside

Banned
Those would be nice covers if they removed that stupid INCLUDES BLABLABLA

People still buy games based on what the box shows them -- it needs to be there, and this is without question the best, cleanest way to do it.

I love these boxes, especially the Ratchet one, as it's the only one with a cog. I think that's a nice touch.

Bishop

Banned
Those covers look great! Unfortunately I own all those games except festival of blood and gow origins games. So wont b picking these up :(

Fox1304

Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War III and God of War: Origins Collection)

Shit, just sold my copy ! GOW3 would be incredible in 3D if that's correct.
But will it be a patch ?

Already own God of War collection and God of War 3, else I would jump on the Saga one. Got Infamous and Infamous 2 on my backlog.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
That's a crazy deal on God of War. I'll rebuy them if it's all on one disc. Since when did GOW3 have 3d support?

BasilZero

Glad I waited before buying the games individually, gonna get God of War Collection first for sure (even though I have the PS2 versions of 1 and 2, great chance for me to play them again in HD and to play III and the PSP versions).

Top Bottom