• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Penelope Cruz and Salma Hayek: Latin Flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldvein

Banned
P.S.

Why are former Spanish and Portuguese American colonies known as "Latin" instead of "Iberian" or something else? French colonies would have as much right to that title since it's also a romance language. Where does this terminology originate from, historically?

good question. was wondering the same thing.

SimleuqiR

<<<---

If we gonna rank the prettiest of the prettiest latinas... this is my top 1.. and she has a twin

mariana-davalos.gif

I like your taste.

Hindle

Banned
What's Mexico like when it comes to beautiful women? Dam if they're all like Hayek it's the best place on earth.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What's Mexico like when it comes to beautiful women? Dam if they're all like Hayek it's the best place on earth.
When I was in Mexico for half a year there were gorgeous women EVERYWHERE but they get usually got married at 20-22 and past 25 they rapidly aged very poorly. May have just been the location (Guadalajara region) social patterns/common diet/whatever.

OTIX

When Desperado and From dusk til dawn came out I was 15 years old. I was helpless.

And she's still a goddess.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Salma all day, every day, twice on Sunday.

Even before f0lken's post, which is where I was stuck for a while. Good Lord.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I used to love Salma Hayek when I was really young, she was my ladycrush back then. I'm more of Monica Bellucci fan now.

It's funny because the GAF stereotype is liking women with the body of 12 year olds.

I thought it was flat chested amazonian women with a gigatic bum?

I used to love Salma Hayek when I was really young, she was my ladycrush back then. I'm more of Monica Bellucci fan now.

I thought it was flat chested amazonian women with a gigatic bum?
Well, Monica Bellucci outclasses Salma, yeah.

And the biggest stereotype is the girls with bodies of boys. The second biggest is extremely fat girls.

I assume both stereotypes are mostly said by those who think the contrary.

Also if this has turned into a simple "Hot Women Thread" I'll have to post some truly hot spanish women later.

Also screw you CREMSteve I posted Monica Cruz way earlier.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
If its not some woman with a big cellulitic booty It's a woman with the body of a prepubescent boy and now we can add portly Mexican with a nose/boob job. I am well and truly disappointed gaf.

Noema

When I was in Mexico for half a year there were gorgeous women EVERYWHERE but they get usually got married at 20-22 and past 25 they rapidly aged very poorly. May have just been the location (Guadalajara region) social patterns/common diet/whatever.

Sounds like Guadalajara alright. But also keep in mind Jalisco is also the most conservative state in the country.

Things are completely different in Mexico City, for example.

genjiZERO

P.S.

Why are former Spanish and Portuguese American colonies known as "Latin" instead of "Iberian" or something else? French colonies would have as much right to that title since it's also a romance language. Where does this terminology originate from, historically?

Countrys like Guyana are also known as Latinamerican, and I had a teacher that once told me that at the end of the XIX century a lot of Italians were emigrating to countries such as Argentina or Uruguay, and the latinamerican term was used to give a sense of union between the Southamerican countries (especially because a lot of them were newborn countries as a result of all the revolutions in that century) and soon the centroamerican and north american countries up to Mexico started to adopt it. So the language was a big factor in the formation of the term, but it was more as a result of the mix of those especific european countries (Spain, Portugal, Italy and France) and the american ones

Because of this:

Napoleonic France - self aggrandazing propaganda crap term, in the same vein of "Freedom fries" or Americo Vespucci's "look guys, I am the first person to ever figure out America was a different country" (note: lol, no). Napoleon III coined the term in order to claim "historical rights" over Spanish and Portugese colonies, mainly during the whole Maximilian affair (see guys? We also contributed to colonize America too, just like you! Now let me install a puppet regime in Mexico plz), and the term catched on because of the huge world wide influence of France during that historical period.

I frankly dislike that term, for it is quite inaccurate and semantically wrong: following that logic, Canada and New Orleans would be also part of "Latin America", not to mention that the idea of equating the French cultural influence over the region at the same level of Spain and Portugal or even Italy and Englad (just compare the size of Jamaica with the French Guiana); is laughable.

Interesting. Thanks for the insight. It's still a bad term though.

LeBrick James said:
Especially Asian women with the body of 12 year olds.

I think it's pretty racist when people say things like this. Evolutionary history has made East Asians a thin people on average. Being thin doesn't make you less of an adult female. People should just let people like who they want and stop being so fucking judgmental about it and what constitutes what women "should" look like.

coldvein

Banned
I think it's pretty racist when people say things like this. Evolutionary history has made East Asians a thin people on average. Being thin doesn't make you less of an adult female. People should just let people like who they want and stop being so fucking judgmental about it and what constitutes what women "should" look like.

i think he's just saying that asian women generally dont have big tits and butts, which isn't racist at all.

(please post pics of asian women with big tits and butts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom