• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent op....how the fuck did so many pages happen in one day?

Also, I'm not seeing the list of nes games? Is wario woods still a pita to unlock?

XaosWolf

javac

You have free reign in regards to design of all the buildings in your town right? Interior decorations etc? Can you build houses with the sole intention of decoration for your town? I want my Town to be cool and I have a bunch of ideas lol.

SmithnCo

Excellent op....how the fuck did so many pages happen in one day?

Also, I'm not seeing the last of nes games? Is wario woods still a pita to unlock?

Sadly they removed NES games starting with the DS game. However, there are a ton of island games to play in this one, and they're multiplayer too.

darklin0

Banned
any benefits for doing that?
Some people just want to watch the world burn.
Never played an Animal Crossing game. Have a 3DS though. How does the game play in general? I would listen to a review but I don't want to spoil all the small features that I am currently unaware of.
From the OT.
What's the appeal?

Let's have Animal Crossing creator Katsuya Eguchi explain it:

This game actually offers the opportunity for the player to find what they like to do, instead of games forcing them, 'Okay, this is what you can do in the game.' But the player, himself or herself, can find what he or she likes to do, or collect, or create. Whatever they want to do, they can find it in this game, and then they can also showoff to other people, so they can express their personality in this game to other people, and to themselves. That's the point.

Or Animal Crossing: New Leaf director Aya Kyogoku:
For example, digging fossils, you can just do it one day, but you actually have to do it many times to collect one set. Then there's flowers - you want to keep watering the flowers every day, and people that are interested in taking care of the flowers, can water the flowers, and make different, unique types of flowers by doing so every day. By doing those things every day, you can achieve something bigger, and you can also get a sense of satisfaction from it. By doing those everyday things over and over, it will deepen your experience in this game, creating a deeper, more meaningful life in the town.

Wow, that's awesome that it lasted this long. My 60gb is still going but it's crazy loud now and heats up a room at least 10 degrees when it's on too long.
This is actually my first ever console issue, and I own a 360. I mean, the PS3 works and all now but I fear the worst.

Anyhow, this is veering offtopic. I just needed to vent for a bit.

XaosWolf

Oh, I did. Or at least backed up the real important ones. x_x

I didn't see a yellow light, but it did shut down randomly and started flashing a red light.

Yeah, I lost my 75% complete Dark Souls save and my LBP customisation. =/
It's the Yellow Lights you have to watch out for. Presumably you're giving it a rest for now.

Maybe check everything's free of dust to be sure.

Mine was the 40GB model just after the originals.

javac

Woah I typed in Animal Crossing mural in Google and first thing I see is a guy standing in his town with a mural of all the final fantasy Chicks in bikinis. Hot.

Wow, that's awesome that it lasted this long. My 60gb is still going but it's crazy loud now and heats up a room at least 10 degrees when it's on too long.

I lost my replacement 60 GB earlier this year, to the YLOD. :( Unfortunately, despite having PS+ set to back up my saves, I still lost the majority of them. My housemates were worse off without PS+. I consider myself lucky by comparison.

ohlawd

Woah I typed in Animal Crossing mural in Google and first thing I see is a guy standing in his town with a mural of all the final fantasy Chicks in bikinis. Hot.

I honestly can't tell who is who, I need a clearer pic.

I recognize Aerith, Rikku and of course my main goddess, Tifa.

From the OT.

Well then, I think it's been settled. I will be getting this very soon. I look forward to having that feeling of "coziness" while playing this, which is what I want from it. Sounds like that type of game. Like minecraft when it's raining outside and you have a fire going on.

I immediately Googled that after I saw your post. I needed to see if you were lying or not.

Lucent

CRAP. My PS3 just turned off and started blinking its red light mid game.

I can turn it on again but I am terrified...

Damn, that sucks. =(

I had a phst PS3 used from Gamestop from like 2007 until a few months before FFXIII came out and the pixels went crazy and stuff. Think the graphics card or something died. Dunno. But I sent it in and had a Slim sent back to me around the time FFXIII did come out and it's been working no problem ever since. Still going strong today. I don't know if it was refurbished or new. I'm thinking it might be new because it never had a sticker saying otherwise and it didn't look like it was used or touched at all. Stay strong PS3!

I immediately Googled that after I saw your post. I needed to see if you were lying or not.

Just did it, too. He's not lie'n. lol

Sats

Banned
The mural was surprisingly easy to get into the right format. Simply used MuraPro. I knew it was supposed to use ALL 40 possible tiles, so I tried all combinations of that. 8x5 was perfect. Saved the 40 images, open with the texture app, and pick the right palette.

ZeroPoint

Neo Member
I'm really hyped for this game. I was planning on downloading it at midnight on the 9th and was wondering how reliable the eshop is? Is there any chance of it being overwhelmed by traffick? I submitted my info for the spreadsheet but i figure l can put my friend code here if anyone feels like adding me.

2793-1373-9307

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
The mural was surprisingly easy to get into the right format. Simply used MuraPro. I knew it was supposed to use ALL 40 possible tiles, so I tried all combinations of that. 8x5 was perfect. Saved the 40 images, open with the texture app, and pick the right palette.

Is your town going to be closed off until you've finished your mural?

I'm really hyped for this game. I was planning on downloading it at midnight on the 9th and was wondering how reliable the eshop is? Is there any chance of it being overwhelmed by traffick? I submitted my info for the spreadsheet but i figure l can put my friend code here if anyone feels like adding me.

2793-1373-9307

Oh 'ello! I've added you, and if you'd like my friend code, it's 3222-6031-4444.

darklin0

Banned
Well then, I think it's been settled. I will be getting this very soon. I look forward to having that feeling of "coziness" while playing this, which is what I want from it. Sounds like that type of game. Like minecraft when it's raining outside and you have a fire going on.

Yeah its a great game, very relaxing.

Skelter

Banned

Someone get the QR code.

FFXtreme_Animal_Crossing_Mural_by_HR1231.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom