• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Thread 3: Ridley's Believe It or Not!

Mista Koo

While she looks unique gameplay-wise, visually she's as boring as a Smash character can be.
She's almost Toad level of boring, still would take Bowser Jr. over her.

I loved her in Galaxy btw.

Rosalina better bow down tbh
Of course she would bow down to
her mother.

Ryce

Why do folks think we're getting Zelda as a reveal this month?
I don't really, but Olimar and Toon Link were revealed on the Japanese release dates for Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD, respectively, so it's possible that Zelda might be announced to coincide with the Japanese launch of A Link Between Worlds.

7mXBsbZ.png

Must make this available for my PS3. XP

SuperSah

Banned
Okay, I saw the Direct. That trailer was absolutely wonderful.

It looked great in 1080p and awww Luma's are so cute. :3

I'm hoping we get to see more 3DS soon, but this trailer and the Mario Kart trailer makes me want a Wii U. If only I had a job.

Mariolee

This reminds me off just after Brawls release some people were so disappointed they were already coming up with Smash 4 rosters.

It's ridiculous how people are more excited for announcements and the prospect of playing the video game rather than playing the actual video game.

Ryce

Nintendo finally uploaded a Rosalina trailer for 3D World. So we got that, Rosalina’s confirmation in Smash Bros., Rosalina in Mario Kart 8, and Rosalina in Mario Kart Arcade today. Is there any significance to December 18 or is it just randomly Rosalina Day?

DaBoss

Sorry for all of the incoming GIFs!

A Luma is Born!
iihioTjSCNTJA.gif

I think that is Rosalina's Down-Special Neutral-Special (if it is Neutral-B, that would mean Kirby can use it, which is highly unlikely, so it is either Side-B or Neutral-B). My guess is that Rosalina's base attacks don't have a lot of range, and Luma will remedy that giving Rosalina a lot of range and versatility. And maybe using Neutral-B again will make the Luma go further away or come closer.

Launch Star!
idrQfG6jqhGSJ.gif
ibnzzSzIsc7R4z.gif

That is most definitely Rosalina's Up-Special (recovery). I think that it may be possible to use Luma to attack even though Rosalina can't do anything, but because she can't do anything and it seems Luma copies what Rosalina does, that theory is probably a bust.

Holy crap!
ibdhafQK2nbzDj.gif
iYVyKXWzKk8YE.gif

I think that is Rosalina's Neutral-Special Down-Special. Seems pretty crazy. Also has that Wiimote pointer like effect in the Galaxy games, which is cool.
Why it is a Down-Special:
i5260bO2OYGr8.gif

Meteor Smash!
iAJHf9EhVcLI2.gif

Dat ring. Rosalina doesn't have to make direct contact to hit someone with it.

Luma Helps Rosalina With Attacks!
iMcsuALFJqfUb.gif
iPD5LElSDx5Hi.gif

I think this was fairy obvious, but still pointing it out. Luma makes Rosalina's attacks stronger. The ring attack looks like an Up-Tilt Up-Air, while the other is a Down-Smash.
The second GIF shows her Grab and Throw, Up-Smash, and what seems to be her Forward-Air.
And as everyone noticed, Rosalina has mini Galaxy-like things appear.
Also, one woman/star WOMBO COMBO!

Luma Helps Rosalina Out Of Sticky Situations!
i1V9YzyVNVNBC.gif
iuryary1GBrRj.gif
iY5sGCbLBFzYM.gif

Seems like Luma is the real hero here. Taking dat charge shot to the face!

ihgREGwvNzrSb.gif

Goodbye Luma, you're a true hero keeping the Galaxy princess safe. ;(

Luma Attacks!
ieNpuofEgsCpW.gif

Rosalina sends Luma spiraling to the left, and then Luma finishes off
the evil
Villager using star bits to pop his balloons. And then goes back to Rosalina.

Luma Takes Down Evil Tree!
ibdNg0j9xbvTFG.gif

Luma takes down the evil Villager's evil tree! There is nothing more to this and is just here as a joke lol.
If you look at the mirror, you can see Wii Fit Trainer warming up to kick some ass.

Gallery Link: http://minus.com/mLZrPZXlbFNSR

Thanks to ffdgh for correcting the Gravity Field move.
Thanks to C.Olimar788 for correcting the Up-Air part.

Okay, so safe bet going forward is a Zelda reveal soon, followed by a Yoshi reveal after? Probably no surprises for a while. Is the release date still set for 2014?

Nintendo finally uploaded a Rosalina trailer for 3D World. So we got that, Rosalina’s confirmation in Smash Bros., Rosalina in Mario Kart 8, and Rosalina in Mario Kart Arcade today. Is there any significance to December 18 or is it just randomly Rosalina Day?

The closest thing I can remember in relation to this is the launch of the Terra observation platform. But that's pretty left field lol.

Seeing all the items in these new gifs reminds me just how silly I think "no items GAF" is. To each his own, but the chaos caused from items is the most fun part of the game!

PK Gaming

Rosalina is looking amazing

I HATE making competitive predictions, but she looks like she'll be a strong fighter. At the very least, Luma provides with her some external utility, a.l.a Ice Climbers.

Seeing all the items in these new gifs reminds me just how silly I think "no items GAF" is. To each his own, but the chaos caused from items is the most fun part of the game!
Have you played 1v1 no items on a neutral stage in Melee against someone who's actually good? Because it's an absolute joy. Items definitely have their place and I can see their appeal in plenty of situations, but once you start getting good and find people who are also good to play with, standard competitive play can't be beaten.

-Horizon-

Every day is Rosalina day!

And OT, that Zelda Musou thread is getting darn toxic.

J-Tier

I just want little mac =)

Rosalina looks fun, and quite honestly, pretty awesome. Idk why I'm not hyped about her though, but I appreciate her inclusion.

iYVyKXWzKk8YE.gif

WTH!? Mario STILL uses F.L.U.D.D.? Damn it. I wanted him to have cool Galaxy-like powers. Starbits or something.

He better wear a cat suit as an alt.

Have you played 1v1 no items on a neutral stage in Melee against someone who's actually good? Because it's an absolute joy. Items definitely have their place and I can see their appeal in plenty of situations, but once you start getting good and find people who are also good to play with, standard competitive play can't be beaten.

I hear the competitive play argument, but to me -- statistically the items have always appeared to be random. That is, each competitor has random gains and losses from their inclusion. To me, this is even enough and arguably adds the same % of luck to smash as say, a card game like magic, poker, or even most sports. I recognize that hardcore competitors out there want to remove luck completely from the equation if they can -- but that's where I feel like I divide with many gamers in general. Competition is not what makes a game fun to me. It is an aspect of fun, but fun is the umbrella, competition one of the umbrella's strings.

Edit: And by the way -- yeah I've done what you ask. The game seems bland in that case to me, but I recognize that's not the case for everyone. Maybe I'm just getting old. After all, I've been playing the game religiously since the first iteration, and items have always spiced up the battles crazily.

DaBoss

And done. I made the post in a playful nature, so I hope it is kinda funny and a good read.

EDIT: Just need the Rosalina/Luma combo gif.
iYVyKXWzKk8YE.gif

WTH!? Mario STILL uses F.L.U.D.D.? Damn it. I wanted him to have cool Galaxy-like powers. Starbits or something.

He better wear a cat suit as an alt.
They just need to buff the F.L.U.D.D. It's a pretty good move with potential.

Starbits are Rosalina's/Luma's thing.

And we definitely won't see catsuits except maybe as a trophy?

Top Bottom