• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne (PS2?) rated for PS4 by ESRB,

uFMRhSj.png

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=34294&Title=Max+Payne

someone remove this comma ;-;

Sky Saw

Banned
What was wrong with it? Bad frame rate? I actually played a lot of the ios version and was surprised by how good that port was.

Bad framerate and graphics, the Xbox version was pretty good from what I remember, but yea best to stick to the PC for these games. They play much better with a mouse too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bad framerate and graphics, the Xbox version was pretty good from what I remember, but yea best to stick to the PC for these games. They play much better with a mouse too.

I played through the PC versions of the first two Max Payne games in the lead-up to the release of 3 and was surprised at how visually pleasing 2 still was. It even has a fairly primitive form of motion blur.

Catvoca

Banned

You would hope Sony would fix up the game if they are going to charge 10-15 bucks for it but with the already released PS2 games I wouldn't be so sure.

T-0800

What was wrong with it? Bad frame rate? I actually played a lot of the ios version and was surprised by how good that port was.

Bad framerate
Loss of detail
Levels broken up
Lots of loading
Couldn't save anywhere, checkpoints only

I played the first two games on the Xbox and seem to recall them running pretty well. I'd love to play through them again via more modern means, but if the PS2 port is that bad then I'll pass. I've still got my 360.

Catvoca

Banned
I played the first two games on the Xbox and seem to recall them running pretty well. I'd love to play through them again via more modern means, but if the PS2 port is that bad then I'll pass. I've still got my 360.

It's probably cheaper on 360 too compared to what it will cost here.

It's probably cheaper on 360 too compared to what it will cost here.

Well by that I mean I still own the OG Xbox versions, so if I want I can play them via the 360's backwards compatibility.

It just means digging out the 360 and dusting it off, which isn't exactly ideal.

Catvoca

Banned
Well by that I mean I still own the OG Xbox versions, so if I want I can play them via the 360's backwards compatibility.

It just means digging out the 360 and dusting it off, which isn't exactly ideal.

Oh right, I just meant that Max Payne costs €10 on the xbox marketplace for anyone still with a 360 whereas here it will most likely cost 15.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Seems like Rockstar is heavily supporting PS2 classics on PS4. I guess there's a big chance we'll get Bully and Red Dead Revolver with improved resolution and trophies.

IvanJ

Banned
Seems like Rockstar is heavily supporting PS2 classics on PS4. I guess there's a big chance we'll get Bully and Red Dead Revolver with improved resolution and trophies.

Now I'd pay $15 for Bully instantenously.

Wnen this emulation was announced, I thought that there is no chance we will see GTA and other Rockstar games, since they refused XOne's backward compatibility.
But now, after three GTAs on day one, my hopes are up...

Consumer

If the platinum is anywhere near as difficult as MP3, I'm gonna have to pass on this one.

Otherwise, count me in.

I thought, since it got certified for the Playstation 4 and there are no other details other than the fact that it has an M rating that maybe Rockstar is gearing up for a reboot. Would be a decent choice considering the last game showed Max as a semi-retired, old drunk and to continue on from that point in the story might seem a little bit restrictive for them.

Ivan 3414

Just porting Bully over from PS2 would suck. Would be missing the tons of extras from the Scholarship edition.

They should just port the Scholarship Edition to current gen consoles instead or something.

jiggles

Banned
I wonder how easily/quickly these PS2 releases can be turned around. Are we going to see a new PS2 game every other week? We know Dark Chronicle has been rated, yet the Level 5 RPGs before and after it are out already.

Ridley327

Some of these issues can be fixed.
If it's PS2 emulation, then they aren't going to change anything about it, barring any expired music licensing issues (which this game shouldn't have). About the only thing that could be improved as a result of emulation is the framerate.

Top Bottom