• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey virals - quit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Oh please Gary Bettman grant me the strength to endure

Read forum Post #1 - here.
Read forum Post #2 - here.
Read forum Post #3 - here...a near carbon copy of Forum Post #2, mind.

Google Search poster by nick. Find poster's Kickstarter page.

Google the RL name on that Kickstarter page. Find Twitter profile with the same photo and a slew of Xbone marketing retweets.

You know, similar to what we discovered late last year.

At the very least, last year's batch of virals and wanna-be's made it interesting. This shit is amateur hour. Stop it. Now.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
They do realize that as long as we keep catching them our opinion of MS is just going to keep going down, right?

Now now in fairness, I have a Windows Phone and do think it's gorgeous :p

If only the app support was better. I realize it's a self fulfilling prophecy. I want one but won't buy due to lack of apps, but there's a lack of apps because people don't buy it.

On topic, damn, no wonder that guy sounded so... Weird. I'm kinda glad he wasn't for real.

Levyne

Banned
I thought this was amusing.

bUbhMoI.png

the steps

L4USWKp.png

The mythical "power cycling" fixes all black screen, voice recognition, and blu-ray issues.

Soulflarz

Banned
Seriously, does he think hes convincing *anyone*?

Can someone explain why anyone wastes the time to do this in the first place?

Seriously guys. Someone was paid real cash to do this. And they didnt convince anyone, they just got banned.

Lunar15

On the upside, now we know: No one says "The One", except for virals. Even fans of the Xbox One don't say that.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
We need a digital graveyard with headstones for all the viral marketers caught in the last year.

Clearly this one is a distraction to make viral marketers look dumb while the less-terrible ones hover in a veil of plausible deniability as intense fanboys.

I wonder if it's only pro-xbone virals getting ethered because MS is the only company attempting this, or if other publishers/console companies are simply more subtle with their attempts.

Oh who am I kidding Nintendo would never hire viral marketers. They're simply trying to replace message boards with miiverse.

Lunar15

Clearly this one is a distraction to make viral marketers look dumb while the less-terrible ones hover in a veil of plausible deniability as intense fanboys.

I wonder if it's only pro-xbone virals getting ethered because MS is the only company attempting this, or if other publishers/console companies are simply more subtle with their attempts.

Oh who am I kidding Nintendo would never hire viral marketers. They're simply trying to replace message boards with miiverse.

Nintendo would have to know what the word "viral" means in order to pay someone to be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom