• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest - March 11 (XB1/Steam; $19.99), new gameplay footage

https://twitter.com/OriBlindForest/status/557539346937421825

We’re thrilled to be bringing Ori to Xbox One and Steam for 19.99$ on the 11’th of March!

B7zHFKLCcAE6ruE.jpg

http://www.oriblindforest.com/#!news/

We’re happy to finally announce that Ori and the Blind Forest will officially be released on March 11th, 2015 for Xbox One and PC. Both versions will cost 19.99 USD.

We’re extremely humbled by and appreciative of your continued support and can’t wait for all of you to finally get your hands on Ori and the Blind Forest, the result of our four-year-long journey!
As a little bonus, we recently held a Press Event in San Francisco, where we’ve shown never before seen footage of the ‘Forlorn Ruins’ and we’d like to share this little glimpse with you:

March 11th!!!!!

We recently showed Ori at a Press Even tin San Fran and recorded a little demo of one of our dungeons, showing the gameplay there. Every single area in Ori and the Blind Forest has some unique twist regarding gameplay and in the Forlorn Ruins, it's all about gravity... but done in a cool new way, check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3QIQseu_44

Thank you guys so much for your support, we're all super thrilled about you guys being able to play it soooooon! :)

from the other thread:

March 11th!!!!!

We recently showed Ori at a Press Even tin San Fran and recorded a little demo of one of our dungeons, showing the gameplay there. Every single area in Ori and the Blind Forest has some unique twist regarding gameplay and in the Forlorn Ruins, it's all about gravity... but done in a cool new way, check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3QIQseu_44

Thank you guys so much for your support, we're all super thrilled about you guys being able to play it soooooon! :)

Brudinho

Banned
Day 1
Just saw the trailer again , wow just wow
March is so far away :

Strange that they didn´t annouce it at the Windows event

iMax

A Microsoft Studios game publishing on Steam a day before their big PC gaming announcement? Hmmmmmm.....

Not sure if significant but interesting nonetheless...

bede-x

Don't care for reviews this one will be bought day one automatically. Great timing as well, with this hitting a few weeks before Bloodborne/Pillars. March will be perfect gaming wise.

A Microsoft Studios game publishing on Steam a day before their big PC gaming announcement? Hmmmmmm.....

No it is common

Check state of decay & mark of the ninja they were published by ms on steam

So what about this game has people excited, from what I've seen it just looks like any other indie platformer but with a good art style, so tell me what I'm not or haven't seen. Looking forward to Below and the other indies more honestly.

Not to go too off-topic but Windows 10 is months away, doubt they'd hold a complete PC port of Ori until Fall even if the Win10 store is more "gaming focused".

Shredderi

So what about this game has people excited, from what I've seen it just looks like any other indie platformer but with a good art style, so tell me what I'm not or haven't seen. Looking forward to Below and the other indies more honestly.

It looks like a good indie platformer with very, very beatiful art and music. That kind of does it for me. I don't get excited for games based on whether they're doing something completely new and different. I just want good games. The people who are excited about Ori are the kind of people who like this sort of stuff. There is no real need to justify the excitement beyond that.

The game looks really good Thomas! It may be the most beatiful looking 2d platformer I've ever seen. Would have liked this to be released like yesterday but I'll take march.

x-Lundz-x

The game looks incredible, we need more games like this on all the platforms. Reason why I'm glad I a multi console owner.

UrbanRats

Jesus Christ, this is March too? I wanted to buy it D1, but fuck there's also GTAVPC, Bloodborne and FF0.
I'm gonna have to shuffle things around.

Have you guys all watched the gravity gameplay in the Forlorn Ruins clip? It's mind-bendingly awesome :)

You'll have to solve the dungeon by walking up walls and ceilings and let yourself fall sideways and upwards. It's crazy :)

Shredderi

Have you guys all watched the gravity gameplay in the Forlorn Ruins clip? It's mind-bendingly awesome :)

You'll have to solve the dungeon by walking up walls and ceilings and let yourself fall sideways and upwards. It's crazy :)

Yep, and it looks awesome. Is the game made with 3d or 2d assets? It has this really high fidelity 2d quality to it but then the lighting on the environment kind of looks like something only 3d could do. Either way it looks stunning.

I asked a mod to edit the title to reflect the new footage.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Can't wait to pick it up on Steam.

For $2.49 next year.

Looking forward to playing this! Got to try the beta back at an open evening with Microsoft here in Norway. I really enjoyed what I played.

Top Bottom