• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 13 on vita limited by space available on game carts

Do we know if the graphics are improved yet? That was my main gripe with it along with online as usual.

From the Slab over at Operation Sports:

Ok, instead of quoting posts individually and answering, I will just put everything in one post. If I missed a question, feel free to ask and I'll try to remember.

As far as the Vita version is concerned:

- All the same modes as PS3 version, except Diamond Dynasty. (Yes, even The Show Live)
- Universal Profile
- Online CrossPlay HR Derby
- No Rain
- Same Stadium updates as PS3 (no Classic Stadiums)
- No batter walk-ups
- Button Accuracy throwing is in
- Still no button to switch players while fielding (a mystery to Nem and myself too)
- There is pre-game and mid inning presentation (no score OSD tho. Although it was in for MOMode?)
- No selectable presentation style (can't make less or more)
- no post-game presentation, except player of the game OSD
- There are strikeout cutscenes
- K's accumulate in stadiums
- The "OUT" "FOUL" popups are gone.
- No custom cams, but more cams added
- Same fielding cam options
- No players in dugout
- Schedule match real times, for the most part (some Saturday games were listed at 3:30 but real life schedule says 12:30. Some were off by 5 minutes, but very minor)
- As stated, the ball is 10% smaller
- The same SimCast/Fast Forward feature as the PS3 version.
- Will be available as a downloadable title on PSN

And for the major concerns... Yes, players do look better, but of course still not as detailed as PS3. The lighting is slightly better (day and night games).and the graphics are more crisp. The crowd looks a lot better too. I took a picture of 12 and 13 running side by side, but I'll have to get permission to post it first. I didn't see any pitching or cutscene slowdowns, but I still don't know the exact framerate it was running. It was noticeably more stable however. I didn't play with the volume up very loud, or with headphones so sorry I can't comment.

Overall I think it is a very nice upgrade from 12, just for the additions from both versions. I don't see anyone playing it and thinking its the same game or just a roster update. There are some things I'm sure we wanted added, but lets keep asking anyway, going forward. Lastly, I don't know the resolution was, but overall I thought it looked very good visually.

There you have it, my impressions. :)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

friz898

I loved me some MLB '12 on my Vita. But unless these crowd/framerate/player textures and graphics etc are noticeably better, I may skip, and become a "every other year" kind of guy. I really want this to be tons better though. I put more hours into that game on my Vita than any other game.

All of a sudden Day 1 DLC is a problem? lol. This whole DLC venture (in general this gen) has been mostly a waste of consumer time and money...

Top Bottom