• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destructoid "Call of Duty Ghosts performs smoothly on Xbox One"

antitrop

Game runs like shit on my "better than next-gen consoles" PC. No way it locks 60fps on either system. IW are awful developers.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
That video is obviously noticeably stuttery and seems like something on youtube's end as the person talking didn't seem to mention it from the bit I listened to.
I'm sure it's YouTube that magically makes it stutter whenever the player pans across the map.

Honey Bunny

Ok.
ibz4KQ3aABtCnT.gif

Dat cinematic smoothness

nib95

Banned
It's good to see it's running smoothly and I hope they fix the PS4 version.

Out of curiosity, have you actually watched the video of the Xbox One multiplayer gameplay from the review event, as posted on the first page and many threads before it?

In your opinion, based on the video, is the game running smoothly on the Xbox One?

FordGTGuy

Banned
And this is why the OP article was created. It will get clicks from people wishing it to be true even though we already have footage that it's false. All versions have frame rate issues.

We have a person that played the game against a Youtube video, I'm not saying Destructoid can't be wrong but the Youtube video is not proper proof as stutter on said videos can be caused by other things.

74-kleenex.jpg

You poor thing.

jnX31yKwtlNW6.jpg

I only use ones with lotion.

Atlas157

OP makes a thread about a Destructoid article that happens to be positive about the X1 version of the new CoD game. Turns out he made a whiny thread on an Xbox forum bemoaning anti-Microsoft bias on NeoGAF. Someone, for some reason, finds that thread and posts it. People who themselves probably make no attempt to be impartial about anything then pretend it's somehow a big deal, and act as if it has any relevance at all to the article itself.

Thread goes to shit.

But the thread itself is pointless.

Xbox One version sure does look smooth.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Should be mentioned that most of the frame rate complaints for the PS4 version were SP related, and evidently could be related to a checkpoint/saving bug. Should also be mentioned that we have a video of the Xbox One version's mutiplayer, and there are some heavy frame rate drops in it...

But yea, I guess that DF comparison can't come soon enough!

EDIT: The vid in question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teejnxOa9jg&feature=youtu.be

Please tell me that is the 360 version...

We have a person that played the game against a Youtube video, I'm not saying Destructoid can't be wrong but the Youtube video is not proper proof as stutter on said videos can be caused by other things.

It literally dips at the exact same points. It's not the capture's problem and it's not YouTube.

So does it or does it not

How old of a build is the youtube video...

Is there any other recent MP footage on the XO to dissect?

We know that both the PC and PS4 version of its MP have fps issues... would be a poor 1080p optimization issue I guess

Is the current gen versions also a stable fps?

Banned
While I enjoyed having a laugh at 720p XB1 jokes, I will always take fps over resolution. I assumed PS4 would run at 1080p60 locked, but I guess not.

N.Domixis

Banned
that one guy who first broke news about cod being 720p said it has worse frame rate on the xboner. There is a tweet were he said it. You cant judge fps from just one match.

I really don't think it was the videos problem. It keeps happening whenever the dudes shifts the camera.

Cute pugs OP!

nib95

Banned

So ignore the video of the Xbox One version running, ignore the videos of the game stuttering even on SLI'd Titans, ignore the tweet from the journo saying the Xbox One version runs worse than the PS4 version,instead ignoring what your eyes see and listening to the vague opinion of some random journo who only played this version briefly?

Having played most of the previous installments of Call of Duty on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, the difference in frame rate alone was like night and day, and I really enjoyed the one match I played. Whether or not that'll be enough to justify a purchase, especially considering the laundry list of legitimate gripes others have expressed, remains to be seen.
He didn't even talk about the ps4 version. Just saying frame rates is better than 360/ps3(what a shock).

Kacho

Gold Member
Black Ops II was a fantastic PC port. Treyarch knows what they're doing. IW is garbage.

It's pretty God damn sad that the best version of Ghosts is 360/PS3.

Didn't it used to be the other way around? I remember MW2 running awesome on my PC and BLOPS had weird stutter issues. Seems like the roles have been reversed, but IW has other problems now it seems...

Vizzeh

Banned
Isnt destructoid basically rev 3 games, where Sessler was doing an interview today with Phil spenser? I dunno...its been reported lagged across all platforms.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Guys I'm willing to bet this video of evidence is on Youtubes end. Nobody on here has played the game yet on XBone.

There's reason to believe it will play smooth with no frame rate dips when you're not watching it being played over the internet.

I think we're rushing to judgement here.

Gaz_RB

Yeah I mean, either they don't know that frame rate drops are an issue or they're lying... which one is worse for a gaming publication? Either they fail at the gaming part or the journalism part.

Well there's also the option that the game actually didn't have framedrops during the one match he played.

This is EXACTLY what its doing on PC as well. Simply moving your perspective makes the game choke up really bad.

Activision needs to take a break from CoD. Like a 20 year break in my opinion, fix all of their problems and release it when it's smooth, fun, innovative, etc. So in other words, just can the franchise.

Didn't it used to be the other way around? I remember MW2 running awesome on my PC and BLOPS had weird stutter issues. Seems like the roles have been reversed, but IW has other problems now it seems...
Yep. Not sure what happened with ghosts. Game is a mess on PC.

None of the versions run great.

Slightly off topic but I'm playing through MW3 for the first time and it's pretty good surprisingly. I hadn't played a cod since MW2 so maybe one day I'll pick this up sub £5. You just need to let the games ripen for a few years before you play them.

FordGTGuy

Banned
On a Titan:

a537o.gif

I can't believe it's so bad on a Titan.

None of the versions run great.

Slightly off topic but I'm playing through MW3 for the first time and it's pretty good surprisingly. I hadn't played a cod since MW2 so maybe one day I'll pick this up sub £5. You just need to let the games ripen for a few years before you play them.

I have two friends that have beaten the X360 version and it runs great but of course doesn't look as good as PC or next-gen console versions.

So you want me to believe this runs better than on a Titan.

Yeah, the ghost of Whitney wants to see the receipts.

Are they still not allowed to show any video?

Top Bottom