• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBONE LEAKS EVERYWHERE: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo 2 is my favorite Halo. Especially the multiplayer. Still have LAN sessions with friends every blue moon. A remake of it is not enough to get me to buy an XBOne though. New Crackdown? Hell yes. I played the heck outta the first one.

E92 M3

I'd be shocked if they didn't cut out the MP (just trying to contain the hype). Otherwise, Halo 2 was the best fucking multiplayer ever.

Wouldn't be surprised if they picked up Certain Affinity again to help out. They did a lot of the work on Halo CEA.
You sure you're not thinking of team sabre. They did most of the work on Halo CE:A from what I was aware. CA only did the new maps and 343i did the the title updated that screwed the mp up more

Not exactly sure why people are hyped to play an update to a two gen old game for 60 bucks, on a 500 buck system. Yes I played halo 2. It wasn't that great. And it's probably something they could push out on live during summer. No way is it a replacement to the announced halo5 they said was coming end of this year.
Well there are a ton of us who think games like halo2 are better in most ways than pretty much all shooters these days. If you don't want on the hype train than do whatever the hell you want because I'm on the hype train and its flying down the tracks.

TheXbox

They'll have no excuse not to include MP now. Last time it was because they didn't want to fragment the playerbase, now there is no playerbase. Online matchmaking with untouched gameplay and 1-50 ranks or bust.

JaggedSac

Oh fuck, this is great news. H2 was my jam. Crackdown in a couple years is great. Wanted Halo 5 this year but if it needs more time, so be it. Good luck to the dude dropping these bombs.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
So...

Halo 2A w/ beta and new content = Nov '14
Halo 5 = Q2 '15
Crackdown 3 = Q2 '16
Gears 4 = Q3 '16

Sounds like a plausible gameplan...

daman824

So...

Halo 2A w/ beta and new content = Nov '14
Halo 5 = Q2 '15
Crackdown 3 = Q2 '16
Gears 4 = Q3 '16

Sounds like a plausible gameplan...
If halo 5 is going to have a multiplayer beta spring 2015, then it's going to be a holiday 2015 title.

Almost all of my fears have been lifted. Gears is back on a new generation, 343 is finally getting 3 full years + a beta to work on halo 5, crackdown is coming back.

Now all that is needed is a phantom dust confirmation and the knowledge that rare is going to work on something other than kinect sports. I'm so glad I ended up with both systems.

Why would 343i release a Halo 5 concept (with the Infinity shown) when H5 would be released in 2015. dont jump on the hype train for H2A

Recall

Glad its coming, just a shame its not coming to Xbox 360. To finish the collection :)

image_zps50883265.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
They'll have no excuse not to include MP now. Last time it was because they didn't want to fragment the playerbase, now there is no playerbase. Online matchmaking with untouched gameplay and 1-50 ranks or bust.
Exactly. And Halo 2 was made to play online, so I imagine it would be easier to get it working over Xbox Live now, whereas CEA might have been a challenge. That's pure speculation, though.

If H2A is real, I really hope they tone down the aim assist. It was really drastic back in 2004, but network latency times are so low now, it can really be reduced.

ntkrnl, I just have one question for you:

What are the specs of this game? As in, will it be 60 fps? 1080p?

Games are still in development, likely resolutions will be locked for 2014 games but frame-rates are still being worked on. At least I think that's how it works

Eoin

Halo 5 wasn't targeted for 2014 at all. They may have sort of implied it, but I'm certain it never was. That E3 teaser was pretty obviously not attached to a game in production. And you can even think back to the fact that Halo 3 wasn't a 12-ish month into the generation release, it was a 24-ish month into the generation release.
Releasing a Halo game with a year more install base would also reap a lot more sales. More than enough to cover the extra year of dev time.

Marc

Holy crap, ntkrnl is dropping bombs all over... or should I say... Ekim!! Needs his own "Ask an MS question" thread. :D

Loved Halo 2 but learnt my lesson with the changeover in priorities at the end of the 360. Can see them giving up on first party again once they get bored of it in a few years time or driving the microtransaction shite into every game.

Chitown B

Exactly. And Halo 2 was made to play online, so I imagine it would be easier to get it working over Xbox Live now, whereas CEA might have been a challenge. That's pure speculation, though.

If H2A is real, I really hope they tone down the aim assist. It was really drastic back in 2004, but network latency times are so low now, it can really be reduced.

aim assist and no spread BR is what all the gamers flocked to, lol. Halo 3 with more realistic and skillful shooting got everyone pissed off - but I liked it.

RulkezX

Only if MS does it.
Drop the persecution complex , development didn't just start on this yesterday.

They either planned to release 2 Halo games this year or they always intended on H2A being the 2014 game, in which case it's the very definition of a bait and switch.

Dysun

I always thought it was odd that Halo 5 was considered a sure bet for this year. Neither that game nor Uncharted 4 have had anything of note revealed and would have shorter dev cycles than you would expect for a major title on new platforms.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
aim assist and no spread BR is what all the gamers flocked to, lol. Halo 3 with more realistic and skillful shooting got everyone pissed off - but I liked it.
The BR felt like ass in Halo 3 -- I don't care if it's more realistic or requires players to lead their shots. The hitscan BR in Halo 2 was damn near perfect. Just nerf the aim assist / bullet magnetism.

If this has the complete and unchanged multi from 2................wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
Making room for you in my backpack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom