• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBONE LEAKS EVERYWHERE: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankT

CBOAT post if you're still out there good buddy :(

Zom16r3.jpg

Pssssst 16 maps.

Psssst Alpha assets.

Good times haha.

sn00zer

what's the difference between a guy who has been here so long that he has been leaking accurate information since before the Xbox 360 came out and a guy that literally joined yesterday and starts info dumping while confirmed insiders make hints as to all not being what it seems?

HMMM. I WONDER

seriously, it may be nothing, but if you're surprised as to why people are skeptical about stuff like this, look to Microsoft's consistent behavior that is still ongoing. The endless lies, deceptions, manipulations. They only have themselves to blame for the skepticism

truth..... been on neogaf for about 4 years myself, which isnt nearly as long as some other guys, but compared to other leaks this shit is setting off all sorts of bells....
my favorite leaks are the guys who people know work at Sony/MS, we know what project they are on, and they just give winks and nods, uietly confirming the existence of projects

mrg6290

Nobody is arguing that this is all fantastic news. Nice try though.

He didn't claim it was all fantastic. He said "potentially positive", as there are some bits that some people are obviously excited about, such as Halo 2 Ann this year.

And I hate when people end with "Nice try though." Seems salty. We're all friends here. :D

ntkrnl

The only thing is you said United Allied Emirates instead of United Arab Emirates. Easy enough to do if you don't know what UAE stands for (and that's how it's often written) and I sort of just wrote it off, but now it's apparently a copy pasta job, I'm not so sure. ;)

It was UAE from the charter, and I typed it out. I'm not worldly.

xaosslug

Penello already tried this with his viral entry last year by posting a pic with hi gaf on a white board inside MS and infiltrating the ranks to spread misinformation on behalf of MS.

but most peeps with a lick of sense took Albert Penello at MS marketer face value.

Amir0x

Banned
Nope - we hate MS and are paranoid on top of it...

hehe. Seriously, we just had a big scandal about MS and Machinima paying youtubers to deceive people as to the intentions of their XBO positive videos. People are just naturally skeptical now. It's not like most of this news is hugely surprising other than Halo 2 Anniversary and some of the white SKU shit (and release dates), so it's also not like anyone thinks this news is so extraordinary it can't be true. We just want to know what's actually going on. There is some weird-ass behavior going on in GAF tonight.

Chettlar

Banned
"You're Halo journey continues... Because we're remaking Halo 2". It makes zero sense right? Halo 5 was said multiple times to come out in 2014-- even the E3 trailer said so.

How does the Halo journey continue with a port of Halo 2?

Who said it does? Perhaps it's this. Perhaps it's the Halo TV show. Didn't we have somebody confirm it will be this year? Actually, I think ntkrnl said something about some live action stuff, but not what Speilburg is doing. Can't remember now.

Still, it was oddly obtuse of an answer.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
He didn't claim it was all fantastic. He said "potentially positive", as there are some bits that some people are obviously excited about, such as Halo 2 Ann this year.

And I hate when people end with "Nice try though." Seems salty. We're all friends here. :D

I just hate it when people over generalize things. Drives me crazy.

Please be excited for more Halo/Crackdown and Gears. Im not sure what all the fuss is about didnt we already know or assume these things were coming?

Did he really get caught ?
oh boy! :(
well I'm only going off what a member speculated which seems very plausible
Chobel said:
Here's what I like to believe:

cboat was fed false information to get him out, probably MS told their guys different number of maps to get the the leaker. cboat needed time to verify this shit. ntkrnl leaks shit on purpose, cboat feels jelly, so he post without verifying. And boom, MS knows who's cboat because they give the number 16 to only one guy.

not to mention cboat hasn't posted for awhile

oh man oh man oh man

sn00zer

CBOAT leaks some potentially negative xbone news and its "omg M$ doooomed" but then someone leaks potentially positive news and its all "controlled leak; damage control shill"

Never change.

I think if someone leaks a very specific list of all of the countries with dates of when Sony was going to release PS4, in addition confirming new Uncharted, God of War, etc... confirms an unsurpsing new SKU....calls out other leakers....and its their first post....people would be just as suspicious

mrg6290

Hmmm nice post history.

Kidding

I own that I have sided with MS this past generation. I have a PS3 as well but my multiplats last gen were 360, and so far I only have XboxOne.

I stick around to try and be a little yin to GAF's yang.

Although If I am being completely unsensible, please call me out on it.

jayu26

CBOAT leaks some potentially negative xbone news and its "omg M$ doooomed" but then someone leaks potentially positive news and its all "controlled leak; damage control shill"

Never change.

I see a lot of this as well. :D

I don't think anyone is doing that. No one called him a shill, because he cannot be called a shill since he actually works for MS. And no one is certainly implying that these leaks are bad thing.

ntkrnl

Woo guessing beta access might come with H2A?

That is the plan.

Let me reiterate some of the Halo stuff, as there is some confusion and I didn't lay all the cards down.

Two versions of H2A.

Collectors Edition with the Beta access, the Halo series (not the Blomkamp one)

War Collection with the above, as well as ports of Halo 3 & 4 for XB1.

That is the plan.

Let me reiterate some of the Halo stuff, as there is some confusion and I didn't lay all the cards down.

Two versions of H2A.

Oh my god.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
The intentions behind all the leaks over the years pales in comparison to the early access info we get due to those leaks.

"OMG MS tryin to trick us all with good news into trading in our ps4's for xbones! Hide yo babiez!!"

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
That is the plan.

Two versions of H2A.

WHOA

Not sure I believe this any more

CoG

truth..... been on neogaf for about 4 years myself, which isnt nearly as long as some other guys, but compared to other leaks this shit is setting off all sorts of bells....
my favorite leaks are the guys who people know work at Sony/MS, we know what project they are on, and they just give winks and nods, uietly confirming the existence of projects

Or... this dude's leak could be total BS. How hard is it to print out a fake MS photo id (if that's what he did). Nothing the guy posted was too controversial or outing new IP.

I'd call BS on the whole thing before controlled leak. There's no way MS would purposefully leak something that would damage current sales ($399 discless).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom