• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unreal Engine 4 is free for use now

dex3108

https://www.unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4

We give you everything so you can build anything. You get all tools, all features, all platforms, all source code, complete projects, sample content, regular updates and bug fixes.

5% WHEN YOU SHIP

The 5% royalty starts after the first $3,000 of revenue per product per quarter. Pay no royalty for film projects, contracting and consulting projects such as architecture, simulation and visualization.

https://www.unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4

We give you everything so you can build anything. You get all tools, all features, all platforms, all source code, complete projects, sample content, regular updates and bug fixes.

5% WHEN YOU SHIP

The 5% royalty starts after the first $3,000 of revenue per product per quarter. Pay no royalty for film projects, contracting and consulting projects such as architecture, simulation and visualization.
Well, shit.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Based internet, Based future, Based Unreal.

Unreal Engine 4 is incredible no joke. I have it just to mess with the incredible demo stuff people put up but WOW what a move from Epic.

This thing is gonna be huge this gen

On a related note, have there been any big budget AAA games made on UE4?

Not really yet but there is a ass ton of them on the way

Kezen

Banned
You just can't beat that.

Damn, I was not expecting Epic to go that far. I know the landscape has changed, many AAA publishers have their own tech but the situation must be critical for Epic to literally give away their work for free.

Sir TapTap

Nice! I look forward to seeing even more indies start using UE4. Hell I might have to download it and fuck around.

EhoaVash

Last gen was all about ue3 this gen has there even been a ue4 game released ?

They sound pretty desperate to get this engine out there

Accoun

What was the previous payment scheme? I know it was monthly fee, but royalties as well? Also, how was it with UDK?

Sir TapTap

On a related note, have there been any big budget AAA games made on UE4?

Released? Not that Im' aware of, lots of great indie and middle budget stuff though. Most of MS' big upcoming Xbone exclusives seem to be UE4 (except halo), and several big Japanese companies have taken a shine to it (square, Capcom)

Off the top of my head upcoming big titles on UE4

Kingdom Hearts 3
Fable Legends
Dead Island 2
Sony Bends next title
Street Fighter V
Tekken 7
Scalebound
Crackdown
Gears of War 4

and a ton more.

Rosur

Nice changes. Looks like Unreal will be what I Use if I ever make a game (want to but terrible at modeling/ art)

Hale-XF11

Presentation coming up in a couple of days.

"Watch our Keynote presentation on Twitch.tv, Wednesday March 4th at 9:30 a.m. PST"

Top Bottom