• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge cover revealed: Bloodborne, the verdict (review available tomorrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amused

Update: It's not a review, but it is a review.

Got the magazine, and there is no 'review' nope. That is in next months issue apparently...

"With 40 hours' play in the bank, and standing it against FromSoftware's formidable back catalogue, we can make a clear call on Bloodborne's quality and present our verdict. You'll have to wait until issue 279 for some words with a digit on the end, but if the purpose of the review is to provide a recommendation - or otherwise - then out cover story should hit the mark."
'If you've been watching this generation from the sidelines, unmoved by remasters and rush jobs while you wait for the first true essential to arrive, now's the time."

And that last line in this not quite a review:
'As if there was ever any doubt, Miyazaki and his team have done it all over again'.
----------

Quoting jurec84:Edge has just tweeted that their review will be out in tomorrow's issue. Amazing cover.
edge.jpg

I agree jurec84, hype inducing cover.

Lock if not thread worthy until it's actually out.

Edit:
I'd wait for confirmation that it is an actual review and not some click bait "verdict" about the potential of the game.

Good point. Saw it too late.

Maybe a MOD could change the title?

K.Sabot

If I can't Well, What is it, then personally the game is already beneath Dark Souls already and then I'm discounting it from there.

Dynomutt

- No Well, What Is It gesture

4/10

Clicks thread. Eyes see 4/10. Brain assumes bad score. How? Sphincter loosens to release ninja fart. About to a shit oneself. Refreshes page, sees title and all is well. Blood pressure and sphincter have returned to normal.

5/10

"While Bloodborne is an amazing game and is incredibly fun to play, we can't help but feel the lack of AF brings down the whole experience"

Danielsan

I'm sure it will review well, but I don't even care. I'm buying and playing the shit out of this game regardless. All of the media on this game has looked incredible thusfar and I have every ounce of faith that From and Miyazaki will pull through on this title.

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
Tanzen is the go to guy to know about any embargoes! lol

Edge could still have gotten exclusivity to publish earlier. Let's see

I find it hard to believe Edge would do a cover story like this if this weren't a review ... And they do have a "special" relationship with From so ...

CassSept

the embargo will lift next week according to Antonio Fucito from Multiplayer.it

vrD1Hor.png

so that's it

Doesn't Edge sometimes release reviews earlier than other publications due to publishing schedule? I remember their Skyward Sword review hit earlier than most others by few weeks.

DryvBy

I'm expecting a lot of 8.5s and 9s for this game. Then the mandatory 6/10 with nothing but "this game's not holding my hand" portion of that review.

This early? 13 days early? Interesting. Can't wait to see their uh, verdict.
Recent review not-embargoes might have ruined it, but usually games would get reviews a week before they're out. A couple of weeks doesn't seem that far-fetched especially for a print magazine compared to an online outlet. We'll see tomorrow though, whether it's a full-blown review.

Ishan

When was the last time a site/publication got early review exclusivity rights for some aaa game ? I legit can't think of one recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom