• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

47yo German allegedly in relationship w/ his 14yo niece, both on the run in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

UPDATE:
Good news!

Both of them were picked up by police in Sérignan, southern France, today: http://www.bild.de/regional/berlin/...-in-frankreich-aufgespuert-40460684.bild.html

No other information are available at this time.
-------
Been reported by the German media over the past couple of days. Watch out, EuropeGAF:

Gerrit Haager is on the road certainly in direction of south Europe or an other location within Europe with his niece, Josephine Marie Petritz.

Josephine Marie Petritz:
14 years old
1m76 tall
slight figure
long red hair (natural color)
pale looking face

Last time seen, she was wearing:
black short coat
red scarf
jeans
black half-boots

Gerrit Haager:
47 years old
1m85 tall
athletic figure
Dark blond hair

Both are fugitives on board of an Volkwagen Caravelle T5 mobilhome with number plate “B-AH-1344” and a caravan “B-SE-5429” certainly in southern direction.
We request an active assistance and help for the research. Please inform immediately the nearest police station if you have any information about the location of the 2 fugitives since Friday, 06.03.2015, 7:00. Please do not talk to the 2 persons directly. All over Europe, you can call the 112.
1500909_798097416946729_3764925380137948556_o.jpg
11067455_798097386946732_6312660552388072542_n.jpg
11062699_798097396946731_1393240773812119318_n.jpg

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/findjosi?fref=ts

The sick fuck is married, has three children and reportedly took a gun with him. Their relationship is said to be going on for 18 months now.

Update: In lack of English-language media reports at this time, here's a good summary (thanks!):

Let me get this straight.

Girl is of age, Uncle is 47 years old but not blood related
Legally her Uncle however
Relationship reportedly going on for 18 months (so she wouldn't have been of age)
She is not of age of consent (14) due to him being over 18
Dude is married and runs away with her
Carrying a weapon

So...

Morally wrong things he definitely did:
Cheating on his wife
Runs away with his brother-in-law's child (who must be married to his sibling)

Morally wrong things he might have done:
Started a sexual relationship with a minor
Kidnapping

Illegal things he did:
Run away with a minor (without permission)
Started a sexual relationship with a minor

Illegal things he is reported to have done:
Posession of a firearm
Kidnapping

--

Oh COME ON why is there an incest defense force on GAF? =(

EDIT: I didn't understand the German law at first so I had to edit

entremet

Gross.

That girl looked like some of the girls I remember in college. Definitely a more mature looking 14.

Fliesen

wait a second.

They've been having a "relationship" for 18 months, so i take it he hasn't kidnapped her, she wilfully ran away with him, is that correct?

doesn't make any of it less wrong on his side, as she's a minor and not his daughter, but that's the "entire" crime, right?

"Both on the run" kinda implies that she wanted to get away with him... no?

exactly my thoughts. Consent doesn't make any of this less illegal or wrong, just wondering if we're talking about an actual abduction here or just a really really sick case of lolita-incest-"love".

Fliesen

14 year old is still pretty young and might not have full knowledge of her actions.

of course she doesn't.

But, should you happen to meet this girl in a gas station:

would she let you "save" her? or would she fight you because she "knew what she was doing" because she "loves" Mr. creepy-von-unclefuck

14 is the age of consent in germany, the incest might be a bigger concern at the moment, I assume that's why they're talking about two fugitives and not a kidnapping or rape.

yeah, that's what i read into this as well. The fact that he brought a gun doesn't necessarily mean the girl's in danger as much as anyone approaching them would be.

Zornica

Banned
Unless this some sort of kidnapping, I'm failing to see the problem.

Facebook is also an awesome source for "news"...

chadskin

14 is the age of consent in germany, the incest might be a bigger concern at the moment.

If their relationship has indeed been going on for 18 months, she would've been 12 at that point which is below the age of consent. In addition, he's keeping her from attending school which is compulsory at her age. I believe the uncle - niece relationship is not forbidden by law actually, it's just sick morally.

As for the circumstances of their fleeing and everything else, no one really knows at this point.

Fliesen

If their relationship has indeed been going on for 18 months, she would've been 12 at that point which is below the age of consent. In addition, he's keeping her from attending school which is compulsory at her age. I believe the uncle - niece relationship is not forbidden by law actually, it's just sick morally.

As for the circumstances of their fleeing and everything else, no one really knows at this point.

are you sure? i thought cousin's where it hits "creepy but actually legal" territory. and that's another line within the family tree.

Your uncle is one of your parents' siblings. They share both of their parents. - essentially you're sleeping with someone who's had the identical gene pool as your dad.
Your cousin would at least have the genes of your Aunt's family added to the mix.

edit: whoa, in Austria and Germany, only linear relatives will be illegaly incestuous: so sleeping with your sibling, parents, kids, grandparents, grandkids.
Once you're off to a side-branch it's fair game.

Jintor

I don't really see the problem either. People sure are quick to judge.

Hey

yo

age of consent

power dynamics

adolescent brain and sexuality development compared to a 48 year old relative

any of these things ring a bell

Moff

legal age in that country, looks far older, at least on those pictures
incest might be a problem though, but I always thought that was quite common in some german places

$200

Banned
A. She's underage (legal in Germany but still)

B. It's incest (which I'm pretty sure is illegal over there)

I still don't really see the problem. Nobody in this thread knows them personally so I find the insults hard to justify. At least wait for more news before start name-calling.

B. It's also illegal for women to drive in Saudi Arabia so something being illegal alone doesn't really mean much. Please don't reply with "omg did you just compare incest to driving" because that's not the point...

Gila

That's really fucked up but is she willingly going with him?

The crime here isn't so much kidnapping as it is incest it seems

Pluto

If their relationship has indeed been going on for 18 months, ...
I missed the 18 months bit, that means he raped her before, but legally them having sex while on the run would not be considered rape under german law I think.

I believe the uncle - niece relationship is not forbidden by law actually, it's just sick morally.
I'm pretty sure it's considered incest, they're still too closely related.
Cousins having sex is not incest.

And if my brother fucked my daughter and was god knows where with her and a gun her missing school would be the last thing I'd worry about.

Condom

Don't see the problem when it's clear there's abuse going on.... okay...
??

It's creepy as fuck and he's keeping her from her parents/school but it doesn't have to be abuse. Young girls look up to older 'father' figures and may seriously see no harm done from their perspective.

Fliesen

I still don't really see the problem. Nobody in this thread knows them personally so I find the insults hard to justify. At least wait for more news before start name-calling.

B. It's also illegal for women to drive in Saudi Arabia so something being illegal alone doesn't really mean much. Please don't reply with "omg did you just compare incest to driving" because that's not the point...

it's not only about legality, neither do we need to know these people.

a 14 year old is a child
a 48 year old married man is a 48 year old married man

The fact that he has been sleeping with his niece and has abused his position as a relative, a person of trust, someone his niece looks up to, is despicable.

Mmh, as I'm reading it, at the moment they only assume that they are having a sexual relationship. Could be something completely different why they both left, as all family members never saw anything between them and described them as a normal uncle and niece relationship.

They are probably having a sexual relationship, which is disgusting when you think about the difference in age and that she is only 14!

But have to admit, doesn't look like a 14 year old, not that this any excuse.

II'm pretty sure it's considered incest, they're still too closely related.
Cousins having sex is not incest.

She is the daughter of his brother in law, so no blood relation, wouldn't call it incest. Morally still another thing.

FyreWulff

??

It's creepy as fuck and he's keeping her from her parents/school but it doesn't have to be abuse. Young girls look up to older 'father' figures and may seriously see no harm done from their perspective.

This is called abuse of the position of authority.

Part of a properly functioning legal system is that you accept the fact that victims can be victims without knowing or accepting they are victims.

Additionally, the way the younger brain works, children tend to placate/agree to anything an adult says as a survival mechanism. It's why you have to watch out for stuff like grooming.

Danneee

If someone knew they had a relationship since she was 12-13 why wasn't action taken back then? Why did he bring a gun?

chadskin

If someone knew they had a relationship since she was 12-13 why wasn't action taken back then? Why did he bring a gun?

Before all of this, she told a friend of hers she was having a relationship with an older man but she couldn't tell her the name as he'd get in trouble over it.

As for the gun, that article is sadly behind a paywall. :/

Jigorath

Banned

lol

48 year old man running away with a 14 year old girl. Who he's also related too. Sounds normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom