• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[rumour] AMD R9 390X, Nvidia GTX 980 Ti and Titan X Benchmarks Leaked

Dr. Kaos

Banned
the R9 390X and Titan X come head to head with the 390X being slightly faster. In comparison to the GTX 980 Ti / cut down GM200 the gap widens in favor of the R9 390X.

What this means is nVidia is going to be forced to lower the price the Titan X below the 390X. People are expecting it to come in at $599. So much for a $1000 Titan X :)

edit: multiple sources are telling me that nVidia doesn't give a fuck and will probably price the Titan X at over $1000 anyways. I know my next card will be an AMD with HBM memory. nVidia can stick their ludicrous premiums where the sun don't shine ;)

Read more at the source: http://wccftech.com/amd-r9-390x-nvidia-gtx-980ti-titanx-benchmarks/#ixzz3UTbJwXjN

gXG73vW.jpg

nib95

Banned
If true, this is good news. Especially if it does force Nvidia's hand in pricing cheaper. Interested to see more benchmarks comparing these GPU's. Good job to AMD either way.

gdt

I don't see Nvidia pricing it that low at all. Itll probably be quiter and easier on the power than the 390x or something. Plus the vram on it.

DieH@rd

Banned
This is not confirmed of course, and even if it is true it is done probably with early drivers that leave some space to 390X to be even more faster as time goes by.

What this means is nVidia is going to be forced to Price the Titan X below the 390X.

LOL. Nvidia does not care. They view TitanX as professional card, and as such they will price it as high as they wish.

badb0y

I hope this is true but nVidia is launching their cards soon while rumors point to Computex(June) for AMD to launch their new cards. One thing is for certain if I was in the high-end market right now I would wait and see where the prices land after all the cards are on the table.

If rumoured specs are true... ti should be 4096 shader units :eek:
Basically, two R9 280x together... but with a better architecture.
What you would expect is nearly 2 times more performances than a R9 280x.

But yeah, you shouldn't expect NVidia to price drop Titan X.
They didn't for the first Titan, when R9 290x was nearly two times cheaper and offered same/better performances.
also, funnily, both R9 390x/Titan X comparison reminds me of R9 290x/Titan comparison. 1,5 times more VRAM for Titan, slightly less powerful, yet still more expensive.

Catalyst 15.**? When did that happen?

Also good luck expecting sub $1000 price point for Titan X, as long as people are ready to buy it they'll charge whatever they want.

Rur0ni

I don't see Nvidia pricing it that low at all. Itll probably be quiter and easier on the power than the 390x or something. Plus the vram on it.
That would be my guess. Plus it's also an nVidia card, which matters to some.

dmr87

I just hope the 980Ti will be a thing soon, got plans to sell my 780Ti. Not worth it for just a regular 980.

This image is from chiphell, who have been correct about diddly squat in pretty much the last 12 months with their "leaks".

I just really want to know ther performance of the 380X. That will be the reasonably priced one and the more popular one probably.

This could be pretty huge for VR.

A card that can pump out great looking games at a very high resolution, with great frame rate.

No Fewer compromises.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Amazing if true.

I think we might end up seeing a few more twists.

In this test. Are all the cores of the Titan enabled?

The Llama

I wonder if these are old anyway, since they refer to the card as having 4GB of RAM and the most recent leaks were that AMD were going to increase it to 8GB.

Edit: I don't think that means these are fake or anything, but it means that the drivers may be even more optimized now so current performance might be even better.

Seriously, Nvidia won't price the Titan at $599. lol

They'll have cut down versions for that, like they did with the 780 and 780Ti.

I don't believe it's true and even then nvidia will likely price the Titan X around the 1k mark anyway.

If the Titan X is anything below a grand I'm buying two (or three). xD

IF this is true and Titan X is $1000 then I may be purchasing an AMD GPU for the first time ever

The annoying thing here is monitors. It means that, at this point, NVIDIA is sitting pretty.

They've got people locked into an entire graphics ecosystem, because your G-sync monitor won't have FreeSync, (and your FreeSync monitor won't have G-sync).

The Llama

The annoying thing here is monitors. It means that, at this point, NVIDIA is sitting pretty.

They've got people locked into an entire graphics ecosystem, because your G-sync monitor won't have FreeSync, (and your FreeSync monitor won't have G-sync).

Just gotta be a smart consumer and reject proprietary monitor technologies.

Hell will freeze three times in a row before Nvidia release their newest TITAN in a somewhat competitive price. Even if the 390x supposedly destroy it on benchmarks and price NVIDIA will NVIDIA and do what they want until their market strategy completely crash. I hope the 390x can be as good as people are making out to be but I will not hold any expectations and will do the most sensitive thing and wait for everything to be out before rushing to buy anything.

Catalyst 15.**? When did that happen?

Also good luck expecting sub $1000 price point for Titan X, as long as people are ready to buy it they'll charge whatever they want.

Well, supposing these are legit graphs and not fake, if they got a 390X from Amd and a TitanX from Nvidia, I suppose they also can get some pre-release drivers for the gpus.

belmonkey

If anything, the Titan X will come out soon-ish at ~$1000, then in several months when the 390X comes out, a cut-down 6GB " GTX 1080" will come out and that will be reasonably priced in comparison.

Top Bottom