• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spotify app for PS3/4 was installed by more than 1.5M people in 24 hours

Well deserved and hope it gets them more subscribers. Great app and amazing service. Phone/tablet integration is genius.

What is DLNA? Have always wondered.
DLNA uses Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) for media management, discovery and control.[4] UPnP defines the type of device that DLNA supports ("server", "renderer", "controller") and the mechanisms for accessing media over a network. The DLNA guidelines then apply a layer of restrictions over the types of media file format, encodings and resolutions that a device must support.
Its a protocol to stream video and audio to a device from a pc/mac/home server etc.

Something tells me the fact that it was thrown at the front of everyone's library list without opting in had something to do with it.

I'm glad they did though, Sony should be proud of this partnership and I personally am, considering this was my most anticipated feature since launch (even if it wasn't announced until recently).

Into

Its a new addition, i was driving around GTA5 just listening to music for 5 hours, did 0 missions, 0 everything.

Jeels

the nagivation on the app kind of sucks though? Or maybe it's because I just used the free version?

No it does, can't even add a track to a specific playlist (like starred).

I have to do all that from a remote device.

WAIT A MINUTE!

If this is on PS3, does that mean PS3 FINALLY has in-game music?

Edit: Oh wait, PS3 did have in-game music for some games already. But does Spotify work virtually for all PS3 games?

Maybesew

It helps when you put a huge menu item next to your most recent game that links directly to download the app when you press X on it.

DrKelpo

Banned
until today i avoided spotify without a good reason but now i gave it a chance and really like it.
works like a charme.

Andrefpvs

WAIT A MINUTE!

If this is on PS3, does that mean PS3 FINALLY has in-game music?

Edit: Oh wait, PS3 did have in-game music for some games already. But does Spotify work virtually for all PS3 games?

You have to close Spotify if you want to launch a game on PS3.

Sjefen

Love this app. Interface on PS4 is not the best, but I use my iphone for finding tunes, making playlists etc

impact

Banned
I've been using it on Bloodborne non-stop. Such a great app to have, but it definitely needs some UI work done.

Very cool, but Google Music let's me upload 20k songs on the free version. I really wish PS4 had more options. But happy for all the Spotify subscribers. Still gonna just stick with the USB for now.

AlexBasch

Wish there was a Vita version that could do in-game music playback.

While I like Pix The Cat soundtrack, I'd love to use a playlist.

Robcat

Banned
Who said the want a system just for games? I wish Sony or Microsoft would open up the systems a bit more and stop trying to control everything. We need more apps. I would love a true gaming system running on android.

Don't have a smartphone and Spotify for my tablet never made sense, this on my PS4 is great however because I can take advantage of my better speakers in-home. I really enjoy it.

GG-Duo

It's great to see the Spotify app, but it's definitely a 1.0 product. Needs more ways to interact with Playlists and Saved media

Don't have a smartphone and Spotify for my tablet never made sense, this on my PS4 is great however because I can take advantage of my better speakers in-home. I really enjoy it.

I felt the same, until I controlled the music playing on my PS4 from my tablet without having to exit the game to go to the spotify app. So great.

androvsky

Very cool, but Google Music let's me upload 20k songs on the free version. I really wish PS4 had more options. But happy for all the Spotify subscribers. Still gonna just stick with the USB for now.

I'd prefer Google Music too, as I have a lot of my own music on there that Spotify doesn't have. But you do realize you can use Spotify for free, right?

Top Bottom