• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X PS4 "Return to Spira" trailer

Vashetti

Banned
Experience two of the greatest RPGs ever made as these groundbreaking titles become a must-have part of any PlayStation 4 owner’s library on May 12th, 2015. The PS4 version contains the beautiful HD graphics, all of the International Edition and extra content previously released on PS3, and new to PS4, cross-save functionality with the PS3 and PS Vita versions, and the option to switch between the remastered and original music of Final Fantasy X.

Meanwhile, the product listing adds, “In addition to the visual upgrades that the main character models, textures, and backgrounds received for the PS3 version, more NPCs and monsters join their carefully reworked counterparts.”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XNFxd6zCoY8

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...w-final-fantasy-xx-2-hd-remaster-ps4-trailer/

daveo42

Banned
I didn't bite on the PS3/Vita remaster, so I might bite here, but $50 for a remaster that was just remastered for the previous gen...ugh...come on SE.

No dual audio is a big shame.

On the PS3 Japanese release they actually had the English subtitles hidden on the disc, only usable from a hacked PS3. It was comical.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
What's different about this version over the PS3 release?

Edit: is it 60fps?

AmyS

The time it's not about resolution or framerate. It's the fact that all the great-looking stuff in that trailer is still simply prerendered CG as it was on PS2.

If only they had included dual audio with this release, it would've eliminated my one big issue with FFX. I mean, what possible reason could there be for Squeenix to not give players the option?

I love the game man, I just wish I didn't have to endure western Tidus anymore.

Fisty

...That's fucking tragic.

Just put it out as DLC, it will be easy money for them D:

The original FFX Int release had both JP and NA subs and dubs, so there really is no reason to exclude them or even make them as DLC. It probably took extra work to remove them.

Never bought a PS3, so I might get this. Not a fan of Yuna and Tidus's faces in X HD, but IIRC I never beat the original game, so it'll be fun to go through it again.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yuna is the new Lightning confirmed.

FFX-X2-Lightning-DLC.jpg

2late

daveo42

Banned
Yuna is the new Lightning confirmed.

Nah...SE is just the king of the remaster. It's one of the two major sources of income for the company while they finish up work on a game announced nearly 10 years ago. I'm prepared to buy KH1.5 and 2.5 again on the PS4 here in a few months.

muteki

If only they had included dual audio with this release, it would've eliminated my one big issue with FFX. I mean, what possible reason could there be for Squeenix to not give players the option?

I love the game man, I just wish I didn't have to endure western Tidus anymore.

I must admit I would probably give 60$ for this version with dual audio. Not having that kept me from getting the PS3/Vita release. Hopefully it is DLC, but I have a feeling they would have mentioned it by now if it were.

AgeEighty

Nah...SE is just the king of the remaster. It's one of the two major sources of income for the company while they finish up work on a game announced nearly 10 years ago. I'm prepared to buy KH1.5 and 2.5 again on the PS4 here in a few months.

The king of the remaster who, ironically, won't make the one remaster everyone wants.

Z3M0G

Doesn't this collection end with a
teaser of a X-3 game
?

Think we'll ever see that
?

legacyzero

Banned
The option to switch to the OG soundtrack makes this worth it, because FUCK whatever that shit was that they did to it in the previous Remaster iteration.

I wanted to rage at how bad it was.

Top Bottom