• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Devil Inside Trailer (PC, PS4, PS5, RPG with awesome cartoon art)

pcostabel

Gold Member
Update:

Kickstarter link

On Steam Greenlight

637x358.resizedimage

637x358.resizedimage

637x358.resizedimage

Little Devil Inside is a truly engaging 3D action adventure RPG game where you are thrown into a surreal but somewhat familiar setting with men, creatures and monsters to interact with, learn and hunt – survive and discover the world that exists beyond.

The Game Play

Atmospheric game play experience

We want to create a world for players to feel, interact and come to terms with gradually through their engagement rather than throwing in a pre-defined setting with pre-defined plots, giving them a sword and just let them hack away for rewards.

Mission-driven, inter connected storyline

Although there will be a main plot, we don’t necessarily intend this to be the end in itself. We wish to put our efforts and focus on all the means to an end where sometimes spawning off and attending to events and mini missions may mean momentarily losing track of your main mission. Basically we want to provide as many ways as possible to skin a cat!

Freedom of play

Although guided by a multiple mission-driven system, it will still be up to you. Journey through the wilderness – explore cities, forests, mountains and deserts. Meet with new characters, hire assistants, camp & rest, take cover from Mother Nature and even meet with other players!

It’s all about discovering, learning and making choices.

Events! Events!

Respond to many hidden, unexpected events. It is our hope to provide countless event-triggered scenes and mini missions to thicken your storyline and for a more engaging game play experience.

Combat

There will still be plenty of action. Confront, hack, slash, blast away creatures and monsters throughout your journey. Gain experience, rewards and information and continue.

Survival

Nothing is given for free!
Explore, fight, loot and interact with the world for basic survival and needs. You’ll need to work for your rewards.

Weapons & Inventory

Find, buy, trade or get rewarded with weapons and armor.
Upgrade your sword or rifle.
Buy or earn vehicles for party travel and a faster & safer journey – upgrade and maintain for maneuverability, speed and power.

Design Concept

The key design concept behind Little Devil Inside is minimalism but minimalism per se.

We wanted to create and design a world with a surreal but familiar look and feel with all its elements such as characters, creatures, buildings, objects and the entire environment for that matter with a level of visual detail that is minimal but sufficient enough to create a vivid imagery in the players’ minds.

As opposed to developing fully life-like, high polygon characters and objects with intense level of textures, the intended design essence and aesthetics is to create a subtle but powerful sense of emptiness for each player to fill for themselves throughout the game experience.

Certainly having the influence of, but not limited to, some all-time favorites such as X-com series, system shock, Legend of Zelda and betrayal at krondor, we believe Little Devil Inside’s unique art and design style deployed in a 3D environment will give yet a new kind of gaming experience for lovers and seekers of emotionally engaging and
challenging action adventure RPGs.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Oh wow that was fantastic. Very interested in seeing how this title progresses as the devs most def have something special here.

deleted

Looks fantastic but also very ambitious.

Also it's weird that they didn't remove the mouse cursor in the trailer.

luffxan

Went out of my way to reset my Steam account info so I could greenlight. Really hope it turns out nearly as well as it looks

Love the art style. Kotaku called it "Souls meets Zelda" though to be honest the combat looks like combat from the Lego games. Will keep this on my radar

Nzyme32

From the Greenlight page:

The Game Play

Atmospheric game play experience
We want to create a world for players to feel, interact and come to terms with gradually through their engagement rather than throwing in a pre-defined setting with pre-defined plots, giving them a sword and just let them hack away for rewards.

Mission-driven, inter connected storyline
Although there will be a main plot, we don’t necessarily intend this to be the end in itself. We wish to put our efforts and focus on all the means to an end where sometimes spawning off and attending to events and mini missions may mean momentarily losing track of your main mission. Basically we want to provide as many ways as possible to skin a cat!

Freedom of play
Although guided by a multiple mission-driven system, it will still be up to you. Journey through the wilderness – explore cities, forests, mountains and deserts. Meet with new characters, hire assistants, camp & rest, take cover from Mother Nature and even meet with other players!
It’s all about discovering, learning and making choices.

Events! Events!
Respond to many hidden, unexpected events. It is our hope to provide countless event-triggered scenes and mini missions to thicken your storyline and for a more engaging game play experience.

Combat
There will still be plenty of action. Confront, hack, slash, blast away creatures and monsters throughout your journey. Gain experience, rewards and information and continue.

Survival
Nothing is given for free!
Explore, fight, loot and interact with the world for basic survival and needs. You’ll need to work for your rewards.

Weapons & Inventory
Find, buy, trade or get rewarded with weapons and armor.
Upgrade your sword or rifle.
Buy or earn vehicles for party travel and a faster & safer journey – upgrade and maintain for maneuverability, speed and power.

Design Concept

The key design concept behind Little Devil Inside is minimalism but minimalism per se.

We wanted to create and design a world with a surreal but familiar look and feel with all its elements such as characters, creatures, buildings, objects and the entire environment for that matter with a level of visual detail that is minimal but sufficient enough to create a vivid imagery in the players’ minds.

As opposed to developing fully life-like, high polygon characters and objects with intense level of textures, the intended design essence and aesthetics is to create a subtle but powerful sense of emptiness for each player to fill for themselves throughout the game experience.

Certainly having the influence of, but not limited to, some all-time favorites such as X-com series, system shock, Legend of Zelda and betrayal at krondor, we believe Little Devil Inside’s unique art and design style deployed in a 3D environment will give yet a new kind of gaming experience for lovers and seekers of emotionally engaging and
challenging action adventure RPGs.

Greenlit the game yesterday from the SteamGaf thread.
It's totally a gorgeous game.

I think it's a game that can be easily ported to consoles in the future and fit just fine.

The fact that these devs don't seem to have any kind of social media presence or a devlog or any info on the game's progress/development makes me a bit suspicious. Clicking the site link at the bottom redirects to the Steam Community page. "neostream.com" needs Flash so I can't check out on mobile; what does it show?

The fact that these devs don't seem to have any kind of social media presence or a devlog or blog makes me a bit suspicious. Clicking the site link at the bottom redirects to the Steam Community page. "neostream.com" needs Flash so I can't check out on mobile; what does it show?

Seems like an outdated website with no mention of this game. But I didn't browse it for too long because of how annoying it is.

Seems like an outdated website with no mention of this game. But I didn't browse it for too long because of how annoying it is.
Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I'll keep my expectations in check. Most indie devs have something to show before popping up on Greenlight. The fact that devs don't include any other links and searching online reveals no other info about the devs just feels off. Especially when something this ambitious just appears seemingly out of nowhere

Nzyme32

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I'll keep my expectations in check. Most indie devs have something to show before popping up on Greenlight. The fact that devs don't include any other links and searching online reveals no other info about the devs just feels off. Especially when something this ambitious just appears seemingly out of nowhere

No I agree, it's a bit odd. I'm still hopeful, but it is strange that there isn't much out there. The website gives a really bad impression due to it be so outdated and annoying

sublimit

Banned
The concept and art style looks very interesting but the combat seems kinda...random?I don't know.Is there a lock on/off button?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Just watched the youtube trailer..the pics dont do it justice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=14&v=sEjRTx_tvnE

Highly recommend ppl take a look. Looking freaking amazing

Wow, from the OP I was expecting the whole thing to take place in a desert. Looks like there's a lot more to it.

Hmm, some GIF potential here with the timestamp you linked. "I had fun once... it was terrible" or something.
Yn3GxL.gif

(gotta fix up that timing to look down a bit longer)

Sub'd

Top Bottom