• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness announced (PS3/PS4, tri-Ace)

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
by gematsu:

http://gematsu.com/2015/04/star-ocean-5-announced-for-ps4-ps3

Star Ocean 5 is in development for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, the latest issue of Famitsu reveals.

A release date is still unannounced, but the game is developed by tri-Ace and published by Square Enix.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/04/star-ocean-5-announced-for-ps4-ps3#Jo8iSSBvq1DiL7m0.99

Mod Abuse:

http://gematsu.com/2015/04/star-ocean-5-announced-for-ps4-ps3

The magazine also has screenshots of a blonde swordsman and blue-haired witch participating in battle.

Battles are seamless and in real-time. Depending on the distance between you and the enemy, the way you attack changes, and pushing buttons consecutively will trigger combos.

In addition to traditional event scenes, there will also be “seamless events” such as those where enemies attack you. If the enemy apprehends your allies during these events, there will be branching outcomes.

Here’s the game’s staff:

Developer: tri-Ace
Character Designer: Akira “Akiman” Yasuda
Producer: Shuichi Kobayashi
Director: Hiroshi Ogawa
Lead Programmer: Yoshiharu Gotanda

L~A

A Squeenix teaser website that actually delivers?.... How the hell did I switch dimensions without even realising it? o_O

Com_Raven

When I saw the teaser page, I was sure it would be a card collector on mobile platforms (Japan-only ofc). Now I feel bad for being so cynical :(

Holy shit! Is this the first time that a SE countdown has actually meant something related to consoles?

And considering the twists in the last game how will it connect? Or will it be a reboot?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Glad to see it wasnt either of those mobile games.

Though I just pray to god they do not go with that horrible art direction they had done with the previous Star Ocean.

star_ocean_the_last_hope__3_.jpg

Let alone trying to do a Japan vs Western type of changes to the character portraits.
7MU1By7.png

Mendrox

Holy shit! Is this the first time that a SE countdown has actually meant something related to consoles?

And considering the twists in the last game how will it connect? Or will it be a reboot?

I guess? First time that a SE countdown matterered, yes.

I am really glad that Star Ocean is still alive... so many good IPs died these last years and everything feels so sad. Hoping for more old IPs (well ok Star Ocean 4 is not that old...but still).

Surprised this is a home console title, but I'll gladly take it. I'm probably one of the few that enjoyed Star Ocean 4's gameplay, but hire a new writer, character designer, cutscene director and localisation team, KAY?
Let alone trying to do a Japan vs Western type of changes to the character portraits.
7MU1By7.png
Whoa, I had no idea they did this. That's unfortunate.

benzy

Guess their next-gen engine that they started building after SO4 won't go to waste. It'd be a shame if the ps3 version is gonna hold them back.

NCloudTriAce09.jpg

Top Bottom